Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Do s4c have an online stream for those in Wales?

Their stream doesn't seem to be geo-locked at all... http://beta.s4c.cymru/clic/e_live.shtml

dregin wrote: »
    Their stream doesn't seem to be geo-locked at all... http://beta.s4c.cymru/clic/e_live.shtml

Awww here. That player has Chromecast support. Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 maireadf

If I have an iPad can I watch it using that link ?

maireadf wrote: »

Open the link and find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

Awww here. That player has Chromecast support. Sorted!

I cant see the chromecast button?

• Advertisement

fungie wrote: »
    I cant see the chromecast button?

When you press play the Chromecast button appears on the top left on my nexus, but the site blocksnit when I try to connect to my Chromecast. Jumped the gun on it 😑

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

maireadf wrote: »

Try checking the app store for an S4C player app.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Presumably we cant get english comms on the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

As far as I'm aware a sky box can be tuned into s4c so any pub should be able to show this.

It's a standard Sky channel, no tuning required.

Wow, the pitch is in bits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Wow, the pitch is in bits!

I think League Two Newport County share the ground and played yesterday.

Perfect kick to touch. Silly penalties being coughed up... Second given away by Ryan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

Perfect kick to touch. Silly penalties being coughed up... Second given away by Ryan now.

There's a match thread over here.

Looking forward to next year :D

Do Leinster employ sports psychologists? If not, I think it's time to give one a call...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

HoR on Leinster's art at losing games.

Written before today's loss, where Leinster snatched a LBP from what should have been a BP win.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Treviso, Zebre, Edinburgh, Connacht, Dragons...traditionally the weakest teams in the league over the past decade.

We've only managed to beat Zebre on the road from that group this season. In fact, we've lost 7 of 9 league games on the road with a 14 man Cardiff team being the only other victims. That's painful reading.

Buer wrote: »
    Treviso, Zebre, Edinburgh, Connacht, Dragons...traditionally the weakest teams in the league over the past decade.

We've only managed to beat Zebre on the road from that group this season. In fact, we've lost 7 of 9 league games on the road with a 14 man Cardiff team being the only other victims. That's painful reading.

But I'm sure the environment is going great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

We can still make the playoffs lads. Keep the faith.

Just win all of our remaining games and hope either Ulster or Ospreys slip up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Being reminded of Declan Kidney's Ireland lately. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Hagz wrote: »

Yes, Leinster tend to do well against Ulster. Will this trend continue? It will be a big ask five days after Toulon though.

If we get 15 points from our last 3 games, we need Ulster to pick up 4 or less.
    Alternatively, we'd need Ospreys to pick up 6 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Very big ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

I had other reasons (other than terrible performances) for not renewing my season ticket. As the season goes on I regret it less and less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

With the big players on the field, Leinster are able to overcome a lack of tactics through player talent. In the games with squad players we can't produce anything coherent. Another game where I've no idea what the tactics are.

Players hold a level of responsibility and we all hear about how tough video sessions are/were with Schmitt. Whats happening in these sessions now? If guys who once were, aren't learning from mistakes it falls on the coach. Players making the same mistakes all year and every game.

O'Connor will trot out the same crap post match as he has all season and then we can go on to the next rudderless game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Brewster wrote: »
    Yes, Leinster tend to do well against Ulster. Will this trend continue? It will be a big ask five days after Toulon though.

What are you talking about? Our season is over. MOC needs to be sent packing. From first to fifth in one season, an easy ECC group we fell out of, a lucky quarte final win and about to get humiliated in Toulon. All with a group of players half of which won the 6N for the second time a few weeks ago.

To answer my own question, it would appear that Leinster don't have a sports psychologist on their books. With the way heads are clearly not on the game half the time, this is something that should be corrected immediately.

Quint2010 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Our season is over. MOC needs to be sent packing. From first to fifth in one season, an easy ECC group we fell out of, a lucky quarte final win and about to get humiliated in Toulon. All with a group of players half of which won the 6N for the second time a few weeks ago.

From a mathematical stand point our season isn't over.

To answer my own question, it would appear that Leinster don't have a sports psychologist on their books. With the way heads are clearly not on the game half the time, this is something that should be corrected immediately.

Enda McNulty has worked closely with Leinster and Irish rugby over the past few seasons.

None of the other provinces have a sports psychologist 'on their books'. It isn't necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Our performances suggest we've no chance of winning all of our games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement