Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TommyOM

I heard MOC scripted, designed sets, filmed, produced and directed that video.

GET HIM OUT OF HERE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Eponymous wrote: »
    Yeah, you're not wrong... Pi$$ed a lot of ST holders off with their "justifications" for price rises on tickets for next season and backing it up with "if you can't afford it, there are cheaper options".

Feeling amongst some of the ST holders I was talking to recently is that they're now starting the process of pricing some of the better seats prohibitively in order to leave plenty of space for corporates when the new stand is developed.
    Have you a link to the price comparison from this season to next? I didn't realise some prices have increased.

On another the Ticketmaster charges are appalling and I don't see why the higher price tickets should have a higher charge when TM's expenses will be the same for each ticket (Diamond €24 vs Bronze €15). It is too far to say shame on Irish rugby for consorting with this ****ing monopoly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Have you a link to the price comparison from this season to next? I didn't realise some prices have increased.

The dearest section increased.

TommyOM wrote: »

He also shot JFK, told Henry to handle the ball in Paris, pointed out Jack McGrath's penalty to Nigel Owens vs NZ, caused the financial crash of 2009 and ate all the bowls of porridge in the house of the 3 Bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Don't forget he's directly responsible for the water charges!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

And for me spilling my ****ing coffee just now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

MOC will convince Joe Schmidt to become NZ coach.

Or even worse, Wales or Saracens coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Natural progression. All the Leinster MOC-out fans get what they want, MOC will leave Leinster...

... to coach Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/9784.php#.VS_Qk5PwZt4

Leinster Rugby are delighted to announce Matt O'Connor has accepted a further two year extension on his current three year deal...

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

19543261 wrote: »
    And for me spilling my ****ing coffee just now

898596_rdax_638x480_80.jpg

"Ha, look at that flamin' galah with coffee all over him. Ripper!"

• Advertisement

I heard MOC scripted, designed sets, filmed, produced and directed that video.

Apparently this wasn't the original concept at all. They went looking for some clips of classy link up play and well constructed tries from this season and then had to use this video instead.

I always see him out and about with a cup of coffee in his hand. Maybe if he spent less time getting his beloved coffee to go and more time coaching Leinster then they wouldn't be the shambles that they have been this year.

Ha. Genuinely laughed at that post.

Not in the way you'd hoped though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I always see him out and about with a cup of coffee in his hand. Maybe if he spent less time getting his beloved coffee to go and more time coaching Leinster then they wouldn't be the shambles that they have been this year.

Sure didn't Caputo come all the way over here just to make it for him. It's be rude to just chuck it in the bin.

EDIT: I am being sarcastic, in case anyone was wondering....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Joe Schmidt's sessions rarely last more than an hour. It's a shocking lack of committment....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Joe Schmidt's sessions rarely last more than an hour. It's a shocking lack of committment....

Sure Schmidt and Cotter used to disappear off for a few drinks together at the end of gameweek, those lads are just messers.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Sure didn't Caputo come all the way over here just to make it for him. It's be rude to just chuck it in the bin.

EDIT: I am being sarcastic, in case anyone was wondering....

As was i

This reminds me a lot of the article that often get's posted here from Kearney before Kidney got the hoof:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/champions-cup/the-onus-is-on-the-players-we-have-to-perform-31149623.html

This reminds me a lot of the article that often get's posted here from Kearney before Kidney got the hoof:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/champions-cup/the-onus-is-on-the-players-we-have-to-perform-31149623.html

Except Luke is saying lots of good things about O'Connor, unlike the Kearney article in which he basically said nothing positive about Kidney at all, other than "we owe it to Deccie" or something equally neutral.

Yes, yes, yes, I know we can't read anything into it, blah blah, but they are not the same at all.

Except Luke is saying lots of good things about O'Connor, unlike the Kearney article in which he basically said nothing positive about Kidney at all, other than "we owe it to Deccie" or something equally neutral.

Yes, yes, yes, I know we can't read anything into it, blah blah, but they are not the same at all.

Can't say I agree with you. The primary theme is one of players blaming themselves and taking the heat off the coach, but if you look at all the examples he provides he is talking about small patches where the game plan works proving that MOC is right yet ignoring the fact that for large parts of games that it doesn't work.

Also talking about "unprecedented" unscheduled meetings does not strike me as a camp where everyone is on song and on message. Truth be told this article worries me more than the Kearney article did in the sense that it strikes me as confused and a little deluded.

Also worrying how the players saying they have a lot "left in them" after the game and as many people have said if you can't get the most out of the players that is a coaching issue.

And as to saying good things about MOC, he mostly says good things about Heaslip and makes excuses about MOC, big difference there.

It's a news article in a crappy publication but all the same there are worrying messages there.

• Advertisement

Can't say I agree with you. The primary theme is one of players blaming themselves and taking the heat off the coach, but if you look at all the examples he provides he is talking about small patches where the game plan works proving that MOC is right yet ignoring the fact that for large parts of games that it doesn't work.

Also talking about "unprecedented" unscheduled meetings does not strike me as a camp where everyone is on song and on message. Truth be told this article worries me more than the Kearney article did in the sense that it strikes me as confused and a little deluded.

Also worrying how the players saying they have a lot "left in them" after the game and as many people have said if you can't get the most out of the players that is a coaching issue.

And as to saying good things about MOC, he mostly says good things about Heaslip and makes excuses about MOC, big difference there.

It's a news article in a crappy publication but all the same there are worrying messages there.

I think you're just seeing what you want to see to be honest. You've taken what Luke has said and put the exact opposite meaning on it. Maybe you're mates with him and you know the true story? Otherwise, I don't see how you're coming to these conclusions.

So the captain calls a team meeting in advance of a European semi-final? This is a bad thing?? It's the Indo who used the word unprecedented, not Fitzgerald, btw.

I'm genuinely baffled as to what/who you think is "confused and deluded". Luke? O'Connor? Heaslip?

Luke says this about MOC:
    The reason why guys have an awful lot of confidence in Matt is because when you see him day to day, the level of detail is phenomenal
    How is that an "excuse about MOC"? It is also directly contradictory to the myth that has sprung up on boards.ie about training being a bit of a lark, lads just having the craic etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

Absolutely. And while we're at it we need to drop this spoofer Heaslip as well. Feckin coffee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31bDEICLwQ

I think you're just seeing what you want to see to be honest. You've taken what Luke has said and put the exact opposite meaning on it. Maybe you're mates with him and you know the true story? Otherwise, I don't see how you're coming to these conclusions.

So the captain calls a team meeting in advance of a European semi-final? This is a bad thing?? It's the Indo who used the word unprecedented, not Fitzgerald, btw.

I'm genuinely baffled as to what/who you think is "confused and deluded". Luke? O'Connor? Heaslip?

Luke says this about MOC:

How is that an "excuse about MOC"? It is also directly contradictory to the myth that has sprung up on boards.ie about training being a bit of a lark, lads just having the craic etc.

I'm making the comment that we've heard this rhetoric before and I said it was similar. You said it wasn't so I contextualised my thinking.

As for confused and deluded:

"In terms of the game-plan, there is a huge amount of confidence there because in different parts of different games, like the first half in Wasps, it worked really well"

Having a "huge amount of confidence" in something that has worked for less than half of a game is deluded.

As regards to confused:

"There were times when we were in the opposition half and we didn't back ourselves to hold on to the ball while we were looking to put pressure on them"

Not knowing what to do or not trusting what they are meant to do in the opposition half is a strong indicator of confusion.

I'm not taking anything that Luke has said and saying that I know the opposite is true. I'm saying it reminds me of an occasion where similar was said and the opposite was true.

Regarding unprecedented
    "it was, as Fitzgerald at least confirms, an unprecedented occurrence"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

To be honest and unprecedented meeting like that (and it seems it was) would strongly suggest that something unprecedented is required. Which in itself would strongly suggest not everything is rosy in camp. That doesn't mean there's unrest, but could just be a bit of a boot up the hole for players who may need it. When you combine that with the interviews with Kearney and Mads recently where the two seemed to have totally different takes on how prepared and focused the squad has been this season it does look like there is at least differences in opinion in the camp on certain key things.
    We had a good two days away in Powerscourt and our preparation this week has been brilliant. And it’s been different to a lot of weeks throughout the season. I think one thing we have to look at is why it has been different this week. If we want to be a great side, you have to have that level of preparation every single week.
    No I wouldn't share those views Rob has. I think our preparation for the season and for a lot of the other games has been very good and I think Matt would have a very good game-plan for the given match. I think the players have let him down on a few occasions by not going out and executing that.

Now none of that means there's an issue with the coach. It could be players not being fully switched on or whatever. We can't say there aren't issues in the squad. We know there are. And if an unprecedented meeting can sort them that then that's feckin' great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

If that is the case, the players need a right kick up the hole and deliver a big performance this weekend.
    If it's not MOC's fault, then they need to show their support for him by going out and handing out an arse kicking to Toulon.

The camp is in tatters because MOC doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

Declan Kidney II

Flipper22 wrote: »
    Absolutely. And while we're at it we need to drop this spoofer Heaslip as well. Feckin coffee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31bDEICLwQ

I would have faith in Heaslip's coffee choices. Where I see MOC go for his morning cup would make you question his overall judgement abilities. It may be as simple as a cup of coffee but it points to a wider issue that the man is incapable of analysis.

Heroditas wrote: »
    If that is the case, the players need a right kick up the hole and deliver a big performance this weekend.
    If it's not MOC's fault, then they need to show their support for him by going out and handing out an arse kicking to Toulon.

When a group comes together the mindset of that group is often driven by a small few members and it can also be shaped externally.

I think at times in Leinster's history they've looked like they were "surprised" to find themselves in a competitive position at the business end of seasons and one thing which Cheika changed within the team was giving a belief that they have the talent and they've worked hard enough to be there. Under Schmidt we had that and he turned us into absolute winners, as in we EXPECT to win all our games.

The common denominator here is that the coach defined the culture and drove the standard so even when players had off days there was an acceptable minimum standard which definitely is absent this year. We've had leaders that drive the performances on the pitch, but coaches who have moulded attitudes off it.

At times it's only been one or two players (regularly Heaslip) that have dragged us over the line and now it looks like in the camp that they are having to do this again.

Based on what I'm reading on-line and what I've heard in the background there are serious mixed messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Not enough 3FE coffee, that's the problem.

• Advertisement

The camp is in tatters because MOC doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

Declan Kidney II

Pop Quiz hotshot
    best-Dennis-Hopper-movies.jpg

You are given the management duties.

What do you do that you expect is different from what MOC does?

Why do you do it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement