Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

There is no chance of Leinster employing a dedicated backs coach unless MOC has turned into a completely different person since his departure from Leicester

Well maybe he can see that our backline are not functioning properly, the bigger picture might that he needs one if he wants a contract extension. The issues from 9,10,12 are definitely a big factor and sexton will fix a lot of that but no way all of the issues. Mind you I must admit having D'Arcy straightening the line against Dragons helped a lot, though he started to drift off to as the game wore on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

****e thats not good it recurring so quickly, 12 weeks is going to mean he's going to be tight for the World Cup.

Fair play to MOC trying to take some of the heat off Madigan for that pass.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Jennings ruled out thru concussion too

Does anyone remember what happened to him in the Dragons game?

I remember they drove over a maul to score a try but he seemed to hop up with no bother from it.

He was taken off a few mins after that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Jennings ruled out thru concussion too

Does anyone remember what happened to him in the Dragons game?

I remember they drove over a maul to score a try but he seemed to hop up with no bother from it.

He was taken off a few mins after that though.

He had received attention a few mins prior to the try, but at no stage did it look like concussion. I assumed it was his arm again. When he was taken off I assumed whatever way the maul went put more stress on his arm and he was taken off because of that. There's no way the initial problem was a concussion one as they simply wouldn't have let him stay on the pitch. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

If we're looking for silver linings it might give Furlong the opportunity to get a lot more time on the pitch. I'm interested to see how he develops and have an idea that he might turn out to have a higher ceiling than Moore.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

John fecking Lacey is the referee on Friday. :mad: :mad:

We may as well not even turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

awec wrote: »

Ah well you guys did try to be fair, best of luck next season.

Full appointments:

Referee: John Lacey (IRFU, 44th competition game)
    Assistant Referees: Leo Colgan, Olly Hodges (both IRFU)
    Citing Commissioner: Eddie Walsh (IRFU )
    TMO: Seamus Flannery (IRFU )

Why does an interpro have every official from the IRFU?

Please, please PLEASE give us a different referee. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

I must admit, I get a certain amount of enjoyment from your intense dissatisfaction of Lacey reffing Ulster games.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Love it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

YESSSSSS !

HON DE LACEY BOY !!!!

Since the 12/13 season Ulster and Leinster will have met 7 times after Fridays game. John Lacey will have refereed three of those games (almost half).

There are 19 registered Pro 12 Referees, why do we keep getting stuck with this guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I always love my trips to Ravenspan(TM). Even more now!

Since the 12/13 season Ulster and Leinster will have met 7 times after Fridays game. John Lacey will have refereed three of those games (almost half).

There are 19 registered Pro 12 Referees, why do we keep getting stuck with this guy?

Because he's the best in the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

because he is Irish (keeps the costs down) and not from Leinster or Ulster.

Because he's the best in the business!

What business? Selling motors? Cleaning windows?

Definitely isn't refereeing rugby matches anyway.

The man's catchphrase is "advantage blue" for goodness sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

I've climbed back on to the fence about MOC having jumped down on either side of it more than once but this kind of utterance bugs the hell out of me.

Instead of seeing opportunities and solving problems he's identifying difficulties and excuses. It sounds to me like he's focused on the first XV or maybe the first XXIII rather than the whole squad. For my money he should be talking about how to improve the depth and leadership of the squad rather than bemoaning the absence of front line players.
    “We’ve had access to our best blokes for 30 per cent of the season. And, you know, unfortunately the league table reflects that. With our best blokes, we are as good as anyone in Europe and I think we showed that on Sunday.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/matt-o-connor-blames-player-management-system-for-poor-results-1.2184156

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

What business? Selling motors? Cleaning windows?

Definitely isn't refereeing rugby matches anyway.

The man's catchphrase is "advantage blue" for goodness sake.

I actually thing he is saying "allez les blues", just in a Cork accent, easily mistook...:D

scott1974 wrote: »
    I actually thing he is saying "allez les blues", just in a Cork accent, easily mistook...:D

He's from Tipp, not Cork! ;)

And sure isn't Tipp right on the border with Leinster? I bet he's one of these Lunster blokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

John Lacey; World Rugby elite referee, one of only 12 named in the panel for the rugby world cup.

Think it's time to build a bridge lads.

• Advertisement

John Lacey; World Rugby elite referee, one of only 12 named in the panel for the rugby world cup.

Think it's time to build a bridge lads.

I don't think you understand, Ulster lost a game that he refereed

There'll be no bridges built on my watch until he rides Leinster like he rides Ulster. Relations between camp Lacey and camp Ulster will improve if:

- Ulster get numerous dodgy penalties on Friday
    - Ulster do not get pinged that often
    - Ulster are able to designate one player as their joker. At no point during the entire game is Lacey permitted to penalise this player, no matter what illegal move he makes (offsides, hands on the deck etc are all fair game)
    - Ulster are allowed at least three blatant and deliberate infringements while defending on their try line from which no penalty try is to be awarded. Instead a penalty must be given to Ulster.
    - Ulster do not need to have control of the ball to score a try. Dropping it will do.
    - Ulster lineouts need not be straight. Leinster lineouts must be measured with a ruler.

lol

BitterLemons.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

There'll be no bridges built on my watch until he rides Leinster like he rides Ulster. Relations between camp Lacey and camp Ulster will improve if:

- Ulster get numerous dodgy penalties on Friday
    - Ulster do not get pinged that often
    - Ulster are able to designate one player as their joker. At no point during the entire game is Lacey permitted to penalise this player, no matter what illegal move he makes (offsides, hands on the deck etc are all fair game)
    - Ulster are allowed at least three blatant and deliberate infringements while defending on their try line from which no penalty try is to be awarded. Instead a penalty must be given to Ulster.
    - Ulster do not need to have control of the ball to score a try. Dropping it will do.
    - Ulster lineouts need not be straight. Leinster lineouts must be measured with a ruler.

Jesus what did he do to you?

Is he the ref who red carded Payne?

Stheno wrote: »
    Jesus what did he do to you?

Is he the ref who red carded Payne?

No that was Jerome Garces.

Leighton Hodges red carded McCloskey this year.

Luke Pearce red carded Tom Court last year (against Leinster as well).

I know this, because I have it all written down in my little notebook of unresolved issues. :D

Lacey is usually just terrible for Ulster when he referees our games. And he has previous in this specific fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

So for his shortcomings, MOC is blaming the same player management system that both Leinster and Munster played under while managing to accrue 5 Heineken Cups and 3 League titles?

Don't be annoying me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

so you have a list of enemies

brj458h1z2a38z2iyse7.gif

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

No that was Jerome Garces.

Leighton Hodges red carded McCloskey this year.

Luke Pearce red carded Tom Court last year (against Leinster as well).

I know this, because I have it all written down in my little notebook of unresolved issues. :D

Lacey is usually just terrible for Ulster when he referees our games. And he has previous in this specific fixture.

My name is awec and I hate the referees

A fine joke, used on the one person on the forum who wouldn't get it.

• Advertisement

That's why I used it.

He doesn't know why it's funny :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement