Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TommyOM

Leinster should make a massive big name 2 year signing at scrum-half. Just enough time to allow McGrath to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

TommyOM wrote: »
    Leinster should make a massive big name 2 year signing at scrum-half. Just enough time to allow McGrath to come through.

Pienaar already in that position for Ulster

Why is MOC speaking like he isn't leaving? Please tell me he's leaving.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I heard he's getting a contract extension. Three more years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

awec wrote: »

And then he'll be promoted to Irish coach and lead Ireland to win the 2019 and be given the freedom of the city..:D:D

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »

Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The lad on the news at 1 just announced another new signing.

One Ice-ah Nakawa apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The lad on the news at 1 just announced another new signing.

One Ice-ah Nakawa apparently.

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Jesus Christ.
    You'll love this, > 41k signatures at change.org for a petition to have Leinster Rugby renamed to The MOColytes.

www.change.org/rename-leinster-rugby-for-MOC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

.ak wrote: »
    they've been in talks for almost a year afaik.

How much talks could it take? Its not as if he doesn't know the score with playing in Dublin or vice versa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

vkid wrote: »
    How much talks could it take? Its not as if he doesn't know the score with playing in Dublin or vice versa
    He has been out of game retired for a few seasons, side moving to considerably different to what he knew etc etc.
    All would take long while to decide.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Was he not talking about renewals? I think that's it in terms of signings, unfortunately.
    Over the next few weeks we hope to confirm the final players for next season and we hope to have news of possibly one or two more players coming in."

That's not renewals

Delighted to see Isa back, hopefully fully fit and rested and benefiting from the break, we will really need his leadership through next season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

vkid wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Any new signings will need to be Irish, so to be honest I think we're more likely to see something like Cillian "Destroyer of Worlds" Willis or someone like that to fill a gap at 9 during the WC, after missing out on the massive signing of Paul Rowley.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ah crap can we only sign Irish?

We'll have to made do with Murray, Henshaw and Henderson so.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ofcourse he's not leaving. You know it so I'm not sure why you're acting surprised. This isn't soccer. (sorry in advance to all soccer fans)

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Ah crap can we only sign Irish?

We'll have to made do with Murray, Henshaw and Henderson so.

Ah no we'd never be allowed sign Murray or Henderson, we'll have to live with Henshaw, Marmion and Heenan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Ofcourse he's not leaving. You know it so I'm not sure why you're acting surprised. This isn't soccer. (sorry in advance to all soccer fans)

What exactly is that last sentence about it not being soccer meant to mean exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

molloyjh wrote: »
    What exactly is that last sentence about it not being soccer meant to mean exactly?
    That rugby clubs don't change coaches on a whim?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Dunno, maybe he's saying a soccer coach is more likely to do the honourable thing and walk away when he's clearly not up to the job.

• Advertisement

Dunno, maybe he's saying a soccer coach is more likely to do the honourable thing and walk away when he's clearly not up to the job.

jaysis you'd be hard pressed to find a soccer coach that walked away from a job!

That rugby clubs don't change coaches on a whim?

It's a line that's been bandied around a lot by some people lately to suggest coaches in rugby should never be fired before they've seen out their contract. Which is just wrong in so many ways. No professional organisation would honour contracts if the employee was underperforming consistently and rugby is no different. As we've seen on numerous occasions where failure to perform has led to coaches getting the boot early (Gary Ella anyone?).

That may not be how ak means it, but that's why I was asking.

I think in soccer it's very evident that coaches can be sacked off a bad season and/or due to fan base disquiet before their contract is up.

It's a line that's been bandied around a lot by some people lately to suggest coaches in rugby should never be fired before they've seen out their contract. Which is just wrong in so many ways. No professional organisation would honour contracts if the employee was underperforming consistently and rugby is no different. As we've seen on numerous occasions where failure to perform has led to coaches getting the boot early (Gary Ella anyone?).

That may not be how ak means it, but that's why I was asking.

I'm not saying it should NEVER happen. But the attitude of MOC OUT is a very soccerish imo. Again, I don't mean to say rugby is somehow better than soccer, but the dynamics of the profession are very much different.

I'm not saying it should NEVER happen. But the attitude of MOC OUT is a very soccerish imo. Again, I don't mean to say rugby is somehow better than soccer, but the dynamics of the profession are very much different.

It's been two years at this stage.

No offence but these days the only way for MOC supporters to defend him is to claim that his detractors are soccer-ish and not 'real rugby fans' because they sure as hell can't defend him based on what actually happened on the pitch this season.

It's not premature or soccer-ish to want MOC to go. That's what the two year contract with the option of a third is there for. Are Leinster's chairmans soccer-ish as well then? My guess is the only reason he is staying put is because the board want to wait to see what coaches are available after the world cup.

Are Leinster's chairmans soccer-ish as well then?

Evidently not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Are there any sources for this 2 years with a 1 year option thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Hagz wrote: »
    I see you've changed your signature... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

It's been two years at this stage.

No offence but these days the only way for MOC supporters to defend him is to claim that his detractors are soccer-ish and not 'real rugby fans' because they sure as hell can't defend him based on what actually happened on the pitch this season.

It's not premature or soccer-ish to want MOC to go. That's what the two year contract with the option of a third is there for. Are Leinster's chairmans soccer-ish as well then? My guess is the only reason he is staying put is because the board want to wait to see what coaches are available after the world cup.

If there was a two year contract with an option for three that might be a valid point but saying something repeatedly doesn't make it true, there was never any mention of two with the option of three from Leinster.

• Advertisement

Hagz wrote: »

None that I've ever seen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement