Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

awec wrote: »
    I once saw someone drink prosecco from a plastic champagne glass there. PLASTIC! :eek:

Complete animals.

How did you know it was prosecco? You must have been close enough to read the label? It was one of your group, wasn't it?

Well at least we now know the company you keep.... troglodyte...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I once saw someone drink prosecco from a plastic champagne glass there. PLASTIC! :eek:

Complete animals.

Please tell me it was spumante at least.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

dub_skav wrote: »
    Please tell me it was spumante at least.

Think it was Cava Brut. 5 quid in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

What's an Aldi?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Neil3030 wrote: »
    What's an Aldi?

Think it's german for "peasant market"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Neil3030 wrote: »
    What's an Aldi?

The effing cheek of ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Darce not the most prolific was he?

Wonderful! An establishment dedicated to selling peasants!

Where can I find one?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/13548.php#.VUOhBdJO59M

Sam Coghlan Murray joining Nottingham in The Championship next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭UnitedWeStand

Am I alone in wishing MOC gets a new Lancaster-esque 7 year deal?

Im hoping Leinster take up a new management next season with Murray Kinsella as head with BOD and Isa his assistants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

This day 6(!) years ago was THAT day in Croke Park.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

This day 6(!) years ago was THAT day in Croke Park.

My first trip to a rugby match!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Didn't see it mentioned yesterday but the Indo have it that
    O'Connor is particularly mindful of the World Cup period which will see a huge number of Leinster players called up to the Ireland squad.
    He is targeting a scrum-half and is believed to be interested in South African Nic Groom who currently lines out for The Stormers in Super Rugby.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Not sure if this is the right thread, but Im looking for a bit of advice. Im thinking of getting season tickets for myself and the oh for next year, both as a something to do and to enjoy rugby a bit more

is it a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Stheno wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but Im looking for a bit of advice. Im thinking of getting season tickets for myself and the oh for next year, both as a something to do and to enjoy rugby a bit more

is it a good idea?

Yes I'd recommend it. You'll hear a lot questioning whether they will renew theirs or not due to a number of reasons like the quality at the minute or cost. If you can afford it go for it. It was never a question for me to renew. It's almost a ritual at this stage to head to the RDS every few weeks.
    Some games have been dire but as a fan there is nothing like heading down.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Aye, there's nothing like heading down to the rds on a sunny evening, soak up the atmosphere. Even when we don't play well it's still great to come down and watch elite level rugby up close.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Didn't see it mentioned yesterday but the Indo have it that

It was mentioned and discussed and deemed to be a non issue because I posted a few weeks ago that he would make a decent project player and the indo are just copying me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

The horror....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

You don't necessarily need a season ticket, most of the games don't sell out so you can still buy them during the week. This is for the North and South Stand which is non assigned seating, but I'm not sure at this stage if you would get an assigned seat.

Even the RCC games you can buy the tickets for them on general sale.

I think this season the home Ulster game at Christmas was the only game to sell out.

Having a season ticket does make it easier and a bit cheaper but if you miss a few games the cost works out close to the same.

I didn't renew my season ticket a few seasons ago but there's been few games that I haven't been able to go to without it.

• Advertisement

It was mentioned and discussed and deemed to be a non issue because I posted a few weeks ago that he would make a decent project player and the indo are just copying me.

deep-throat-simpsons.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I don't watch much Super Rugby and when I do it's only to watch the Hurricanes play. So I'm not really in any position to judge the Groom chap. Is he any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Posters of a sensitive disposition may wish to avoid the Sindo today. Conor O'Shea reckons much of the criticism of MOC is unfair and doesn't take enough consideration of other factors...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Posters of a sensitive disposition may wish to avoid the Sindo today. Conor O'Shea reckons much of the criticism of MOC is unfair and doesn't take enough consideration of other factors...

You'd hardly expect him to criticise any manager now would you? Also it depends on who he's refering too.

stephen_n wrote: »
    You'd hardly expect him to criticise any manager now would you? Also it depends on who he's refering too.

See, that's the whole thing about context. If he'd been put on the spot about MOC in an interview, then you could use the "what else is he going to say" argument, and I'd probably agree. Except he chose to write about it in his own column off his own bat. Would he have done so if he didn't believe what he was saying?

Edit: I'll clarify that there was no ringing endorsement from COS of how things have gone this season, no denial that it hasn't been disappointing, just that people need to take more cognisance of the other factors that are at play.

See, that's the whole thing about context. If he'd been put on the spot about MOC in an interview, then you could use the "what else is he going to say" argument, and I'd probably agree. Except he chose to write about it in his own column off his own bat. Would he have done so if he didn't believe what he was saying?

Edit: I'll clarify that there was no ringing endorsement from COS of how things have gone this season, no denial that it hasn't been disappointing, just that people need to take more cognisance of the other factors that are at play.

There's no REASONABLE argument to say everything is MOC's fault, that's not to say that some of the criticism shouldn't land at his door. If COS is refering to some of the criticism on Facebook then hell yeah it's unjustified. I'm pretty sure though even in the dying days of Deccie with Ireland COS didn't criticse him but as you day I don't think he choose to defend him either. In the end though we have had our worst season in 10 years, even if Joe was in charge the criticism would come.

stephen_n wrote: »
    There's no REASONABLE argument to say everything is MOC's fault, that's not to say that some of the criticism shouldn't land at his door. If COS is refering to some of the criticism on Facebook then hell yeah it's unjustified. I'm pretty sure though even in the dying days of Deccie with Ireland COS didn't criticse him but as you day I don't think he choose to defend him either. In the end though we have had our worst season in 10 years, even if Joe was in charge the criticism would come.

No one is saying that no criticism should land at his door, just that ALL of it shouldn't. Fair enough a lot of posters on boards acknowledge that, but still call for the coach to be dumped. A lot of posters just blame the coach and have been pretty nasty about it. That's not Facebook, that's boards.

We've had our worst league season in ten years but the league is tougher now than it has been. We did OK in Europe, better than we often did under Cheika. I'm still optimistic for next year.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass along COS' opinion. I didn't expect it to get a great reception here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

As far as I see it anyone who says MOC is the sole problem is wrong, but denying that him and the rest of the coaching team have very disappointing and a big part of the problem is also wrong

The reason I'm not optomistic about next year is that for at least 4 months of the season, we will have the same 9 10 12 problems as this season, while trying to implement the same tactics, unless Marsh or Byrne and McGrath step up to plate in a big way (I think Reid/D'Arcy at 12 will sort that), the international windows will pretty much define our season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Stheno wrote: »

is it a good idea?
    I'd recommend it too. If I didn't have a season ticket and was depending on buying just before the match, I reckon I wouldn't go to anything like the same number of games. It gets you it, it's a bit of craic and I think it helps you enjoy the rugby much more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement