Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Unfortunately sentiment goes out the window with a must win game. We have shown we could feck up against anyone so we have to play the best team tonight and try to fix this potential shambles of a season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Maguined wrote: »
    I gutted Jennings will not get any game time. No player wants their last home game to be seen from the stands. If MOC can't trust Jennings at home against Treviso I doubt he will be picked away to Edinburgh.

I doubt very much the concussion is just an excuse. Jennings came off rather suddenly in his last league match. He also made a comment around the time he announced his retirement along the lines of not putting himself up for games he knew he couldn't play. Don't recall if it was an Against The Head panel, or a pundit panel for a match. But he did say something along the lines of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

I'm pretty sure Jennings is injured.

Whether he'd be playing if fit, I don't know, probably not you'd have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'm pretty sure Jennings is injured.

Whether he'd be playing if fit, I don't know, probably not you'd have to say.

He didn't pass the concussion protocol in time apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

sullivlo wrote: »
    He's contracted to the irfu. If he goes to the world cup he won't play for Leinster again.

I don't know why but I thought he was going to cover for Leinster during the World Cup. I can't see him making the plane but you never know

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Synode wrote: »
    I don't know why but I thought he was going to cover for Leinster during the World Cup. I can't see him making the plane but you never know

He's definitely been signed with an eye on the RWC. All his comments afterwards imply that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Podge_irl wrote: »
    He's definitely been signed with an eye on the RWC. All his comments afterwards imply that.

Yeah he is hopeful but that doesn't mean much in the long run. I would imagine that he will end up covering for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Yeah he is hopeful but that doesn't mean much in the long run. I would imagine that he will end up covering for Leinster.

Slightly off topic but on Darcy .... am I the only one who thinks Darcy could actually make the world cup squad and that it would be a good call, as a squad player that could cover either centre position to a high level. Most of the squad predictions I've seen only have 2 centres, both of whom are recent converts to the position. Beyond that we're reliant on a versatile winger cum centre. Granted I've not seen very much of him playing this season but my impression (from here mostly) was that it was Madigan's goal kicking keeping him out of the Leinster team. For what it's worth I think Madigan could miss out to Jackson, strengthening the need for more centre cover, and then the 14 backs are: 3 scrumhalves, 2 outhalves, 3 centres, 4 wingers & 2 full backs

Slightly off topic but on Darcy .... am I the only one who thinks Darcy could actually make the world cup squad and that it would be a good call, as a squad player that could cover either centre position to a high level. Most of the squad predictions I've seen only have 2 centres, both of whom are recent converts to the position. Beyond that we're reliant on a versatile winger cum centre. Granted I've not seen very much of him playing this season but my impression (from here mostly) was that it was Madigan's goal kicking keeping him out of the Leinster team. For what it's worth I think Madigan could miss out to Jackson, strengthening the need for more centre cover, and then the 14 backs are: 3 scrumhalves, 2 outhalves, 3 centres, 4 wingers & 2 full backs

Not really tbh. His ability to play 13 is dubious at best, but he can still do a job at 12. The likely inclusion of Fitzgerald and possibly Earls in the squad means there is additional cover in the centre.

I think an injury to Henshaw will put him very much in contention, I think he'd be Joe's first option, but he'll either go as first-choice 12 or not at all I reckon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Considering Henshaw played every min of the 6N I'm not too sure how keen Schmidt is on Madigan at 12. I wouldn't surprised to see 2 Outhalves and D'arcy brought to the RWC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Leinster Twitter account has started to follow Peter Stringer.

Hmmmm interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Considering Henshaw played every min of the 6N I'm not too sure how keen Schmidt is on Madigan at 12. I wouldn't surprised to see 2 Outhalves and D'arcy brought to the RWC.
    Olding and McClosky also options.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Not for the World Cup they won't be, at this stage. Unless they get meaningful game time in the warm ups it will be someone who is familiar with the systems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Olding is/will be injured and McCloskey doesn't have the time to force himself into Joe's plans. D'Arcy sholdn't be near the squad, but injuries/experience/familiarity could get him the nod.

Olding is/will be injured and McCloskey doesn't have the time to force himself into Joe's plans. D'Arcy sholdn't be near the squad, but injuries/experience/familiarity could get him the nod.

#justicefordenishurley

Christ I'm cold and wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Missed the game-- did I just read that right? We scored a try? One try...against Treviso?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

19543261 wrote: »
    Missed the game-- did I just read that right? We scored a try? One try...against Treviso?

Well it's still on....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Well it's still on....

Prove it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Was the match thread closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Clegg wrote: »

No, everyone just fell asleep.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    No, everyone just fell asleep.

No no, I wasn't asleep - I just died a little inside.

"We'll miss a lot of blokes at the start of next season."

Honestly, f**k off with the excuses ALREADY.

Leinster are in serious trouble in Boss and Reddan are the go to 9's in the big games next season. Both are now well and truly past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Why are the Leinster social media doing this "Thanks Darce" stuff. He's around until next October sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

"We'll miss a lot of blokes at the start of next season."

Honestly, f**k off with the excuses ALREADY.

I nearly threw my phone at the tv when he said that. I was expecting him to explain why 2016 6n is going to be problematic too for leinster in the pro12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Teferi wrote: »
    Why are the Leinster social media doing this "Thanks Darce" stuff. He's around until next October sure.

In case he goes to the world cup

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Clegg wrote: »

For a little while, yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

If MOC's coaching style is to give the players more freedom and let them play what's in front of them, at what point is he going to see that it isn't working and change his tactics? That was a strong team out tonight and we looked absolutely clueless in attack. Again. For the umpteenth time this season. Please God can we try changing the coaches. It's getting tougher and tougher watching Leinster

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The 9, 10, and 12 were clueless with the ball too, in general the players looked like they wanted to be anywhere else tonight.

I'm beginning to think is it best for both parties (MOC and Leinster) to part at this stage. It's getting like Moyes at United where he's just not going to be able to win as it's all going against him.

• Advertisement

Didn't realise Healy had a neck problem. Thought it was his shoulder. Had surgery today, but there's no time frame for when he'll be back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement