Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm looking at getting tickets for the SF. The cheap seats are already on sale but did anyone know yet where the Leinster fans will be sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I assume Leinster will be allowed to field their strongest side for Dragons? I think they'll need to have a consistent selection with a view to Marseille.

Why wouldn't they be allowed? There's no restrictions on the internationals for the rest of the season is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm looking at getting tickets for the SF. The cheap seats are already on sale but did anyone know yet where the Leinster fans will be sitting?

Leinster are selling tickets from 10 a.m. this morning. Any STH will be able to tell you where the tickets are being sold and there is sure to be discussion here as people buy.

It'll be interesting to see how many travel - I went to Toulon last year, but it was such a damp squib that I would find it hard to get the enthusiasm to go again this year.....in any event, I don't think I could make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

The two week turnaround is a pain in the nuts for organising travel.

Paddy Power have Toulon as eleven point favourites.

Same day return flights were €550 with Aerlingus yesterday before Toulon had won the game, they're probably about €700 by now.

• Advertisement

I assume Leinster will be allowed to field their strongest side for Dragons? I think they'll need to have a consistent selection with a view to Marseille.

Yeah there won't be any restrictions but O'Connor has a call to make as to whether he plays everyone this week, then again in Toulon, then a five day turnaround to the Ulster game.

Personally I'd play the strongest team possible at Dragons, we need to build more cohesion, especially in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

stephen_n wrote: »
    Same day return flights were €550 with Aerlingus yesterday before Toulon had won the game, they're probably about €700 by now.

Saturday - Sunday is €336.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm thinking more the 33 or 16 euro seats given this months budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm thinking more the 33 or 16 euro seats given this months budget.

The prices are typical really from what I've seen. The cheap seats are very cheap but the most expensive are insane!

http://www.digitick.com/rc-toulon-leinster-sport-stade-velodrome-marseille-19-avril-2015-css5-rct-pg101-ri3156986.html

Saturday - Sunday is €336.

My dad was checking during the toulon match but was maybe only checking Saturday but was definitely €550, did they lay on extra flights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,229 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Really interesting and candid interview with Keith Gleeson here:

http://www.the42.ie/keith-gleeson-leinster-2029062-Apr2015/

Surprised how blunt he is about Leinster's shortcomings in the two seasons between Williams and Cheika. He's quite cutting about Ella and Kidney, particularly GE. He also talks about being disappointed with Ireland's play in large parts of the 6N.

Pointed out on LF, quite correctly, that Garces really should have awarded a penalty and possibly more for the tackle that knocked out McFadden. Eastmond was high, didn't wrap and led with the shoulder straight into his head. The replays confirm it wasn't a case of McFadden slipping or particularly ducking into the shoulder either. It was a bad tackle and one that he should have been pulled up on.

It's unlikely that McFadden will be with us next weekend now and possibly out for the Toulon game. He was one of the few to really stand out when we were there last season and his physicality will be missed if not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,752 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

stephen_n wrote: »
    My dad was checking during the toulon match but was maybe only checking Saturday but was definitely €550, did they lay on extra flights?

They put up 2 flights at half time and then changed it all around when the date and time was announced. We got flights out on Saturday and back on Sunday for 319. Booked the Novotel then right on the team line by the port for 89 per room.

We've bought our tickets for block O and will probably just get the OLSC bus back to the airport after the game. All sorted. And around 100 cheaper than the JWT option.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Buer wrote: »
    Pointed out on LF, quite correctly, that Garces really should have awarded a penalty and possibly more for the tackle that knocked out McFadden. Eastmond was high, didn't wrap and led with the shoulder straight into his head. The replays confirm it wasn't a case of McFadden slipping or particularly ducking into the shoulder either. It was a bad tackle and one that he should have been pulled up on.

It's unlikely that McFadden will be with us next weekend now and possibly out for the Toulon game. He was one of the few to really stand out when we were there last season and his physicality will be missed if not available.

Thought I was alone there, even if he didn't knock him out he wasn't wrapping his arms, atleast a penalty for me.

Buer wrote: »

I thought so too at the time but watching the game back I'm less convinced. I think Eastmond made a reasonable effort to wrap and McFadden's head hit his shoulder rather than vice versa. Hopefully he's OK though because we really need him for Toulon.

Overall though Garces was excellent I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

I thought so too at the time but watching the game back I'm less convinced. I think Eastmond made a reasonable effort to wrap and McFadden's head hit his shoulder rather than vice versa. Hopefully he's OK though because we really need him for Toulon.

Overall though Garces was excellent I thought.

Swings and roundabouts. McFadden got away with not wrapping his arms in a big tackle just before half time if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fadofado

Korat wrote: »
    Ian Madigan is our Campese.

you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fadofado

Will they have Halfpenny,giteau and Habana back?

Did Watson get cited for the challenge on Kearney, definitely felt at the time that should have been a red.

fadofado wrote: »
    Will they have Halfpenny,giteau and Habana back?

Giteau was already back yesterday on the bench. Halfpenny will be back. Habana is unsure but should be back as should Juan Smith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Half tempted to nab the Ryanair Sunday morning flight from Stansted to Marseille, getting home shall be the problem though

edit, booked, catch ye in section O and the 9:40 flight back to Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

If I'm honest I'd rather Dave Kearney on the wing than McFadden anyway these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Right guys, with us maybe getting Nacewa this might be redundant, but because Ulster got Piatau, and Munster got Saili the great Irish raid of Auckland is in full flow and it's our turn. Which Blues player do we most want.

I'm thinking Frank Halai?

errlloyd wrote: »
    Right guys, with us maybe getting Nacewa this might be redundant, but because Ulster got Piatau, and Munster got Saili the great Irish raid of Auckland is in full flow and it's our turn. Which Blues player do we most want.

Frank Halai has signed for Wasps if I'm not mistaken. How about an ex-Blues player - Rene Ranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Hagz wrote: »
    Frank Halai has signed for Wasps if I'm not mistaken. How about an ex-Blues player - Rene Ranger.

Wow, will the Blues even have a team next year, how about Patrick Tuipulotu, he'd fit right in.

Actually Ranger is heading back to the Blues for family reasons. Paddy Tuipulotu would be an awesome signing.

My favourite NZ player is Hurricane's Cory Jane. It would be a dream come true if Leinster had Fitzy on one wing and Jane on the other. But Jane has committed to NZ until 2017. Seems likely to end his career at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

errlloyd wrote: »

Jerome Kaino would be nice, but I suppose we have plenty of backrows. Ihaia west for me. Or Luatua to play second row.

In my most exciting dreams we get our hands on Julian Savea somehow. The man is head and shoulders the best wing in the world.
    That Hurricanes backline is sensational.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

We got Te'o signed for this season so maybe that's out lot.

A 10/12 would be good to get though.

• Advertisement

We have Sexton returning. I'd say he's our lot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement