Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for those who own a sub-ohm tank and a nautilus mini.

• 31-03-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭

I'm tempted by a sub-ohm tank for my istick 30w, but I've read that they're too airy for mouth to lung vaping.

How does a sub-ohm tank on it's tightest air setting compare to the draw on a nautilus mini ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I went from the Nautilus to the Atlantis, and finding the opposite effect - finding my Nautilus, both standard and mini, too tight now :D Just gotten so used to the Atlantis, and I use that wide open.

Just tried it right here on the smallest hole, and with a standard drip tip - mouth-to-lung, as they say - and still getting a better vape than I would on the Nautilus! The second to smallest is much better again. Pass that, and you're on the wide openings, and would have to lung inhale really, and you'll get plumes!

I think the Atlantis is a better quality tank overall, the coils are far better, [the juice intake holes are far bigger too, which helps a lot, it can take far thicker juices], the build is better overall, and you have more options available with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Thanks for the reply, not a big fan of lung inhales myself, but maybe with a tank with better airflow I might have a better experience.

Thinking of picking up an eLeaf Lemo for myself, seems to get good reviews.

One other question - should I go for a lower nic strength for lung inhales and what sort of pg/vg mix works best ?

The Lemo is a rebuild tank afaik? Not the easiest use. There is the Eleaf Melo, which is much like the Atlantis, but cheaper.

I dropped from 12mg to 6mg for the sub ohm, lung inhales. And I'm using mostly high VG juices. 20/80 or 30/70 but have also tried 60VG/40PG and it was fine too.

Meant to say the Melo :)

Thanks for info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

I just traded up from my mini nautilus to a sub tank mini. Lung hits is all I'm doing now. I find the airflow St the smallest setting to be only a little airier than the widest on the mini nauty but ideal for mouth to lung. Not noticing much in the difference in vapour production between the smallest and widest airhole. But that could be down to my 50/50 juice aswell :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, not a big fan of lung inhales myself, but maybe with a tank with better airflow I might have a better experience.

Thinking of picking up an eLeaf Lemo for myself, seems to get good reviews.

One other question - should I go for a lower nic strength for lung inhales and what sort of pg/vg mix works best ?

Its a bit more pricy but the genuine Kayfun Lite Plus is by far the best tank Ive used for mouth to lung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Trond wrote: »
    Its a bit more pricy but the genuine Kayfun Lite Plus is by far the best tank Ive used for mouth to lung.
    Or he could get one of the clones for a fraction of the cost but the same performance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Taifun GT clone is great for mouth to lung hits and is much easier than the Kayfun 3.1 to build on. I haven't tried a kayfun lite plus but I'd like to. I might pick one up next time I see it in the for sale thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

The only two tanks I use and have been using for 2+ years are 2 genuine kayfun lite plus tanks. I've always used mouth to lung and these tanks suit me right down to the ground. I've never used a kafun clone but can't comment on those, but if they are as good as the real thing then I don't see why not.

As far as rebuilding is concerned, I only replace the coil every couple of months. I just swap out the cotton and clean the coil by dry burning and running it under a tap to get rid of the charred black stuff. Repeat that a few times, stick a new bit of cotton in and it's good to go again. Takes about 10 minutes.

I tried a lemo but I couldn't get on with the direct to lung approach at all.

Can you adjust the airflow on the kayfun lite plus until it's suitable for direct lung hits? The airflow control on the kayfun 3.1 clone and taifun gt clone are absolutely ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Stick a tiny piece of cotton in the airflow and adjust to your preferred tug and bobs your uncle.

Can you adjust the airflow on the kayfun lite plus until it's suitable for direct lung hits? The airflow control on the kayfun 3.1 clone and taifun gt clone are absolutely ridiculous.

the kayfun lite plus has an airflow control screw. Removing it entirely won't get you enough draw for direct to lung.

OP is talking pre-built coils I think, not sure why the recommendations for the likes of the kayfun?

OP is talking pre-built coils I think, not sure why the recommendations for the likes of the kayfun?

He doesn't specifically mention that they need to be pre-built.

Saw the Joyetech Delta 2 first-hand today. I reckon it blows the Sub-tank and the Atlantis out of the water. The premaid Coils seem far more robust as well.

TinCool wrote: »
    He doesn't specifically mention that they need to be pre-built.

I'd prefer something with a pre-built coil to be honest, but not overly adverse to learning to rebuild. Looking into some kayfun clones now.

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    I'd prefer something with a pre-built coil to be honest, but not overly adverse to learning to rebuild. Looking into some kayfun clones now.

Id recommend the Eh-Pro Kayfun Lite Plus clone. The 2nd generation one with the bigger air hole isn't to far away from the real thing.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kayfunlite.htm

Trust me, I'm the least likely person to be able to do anything useful with my hands and even I can easily rebuild on a kayfun, but the Taifun GT is even easier due to the larger screws that hold the wires in place. The first one took me an hour to learn and all subsequent single coils with no fancy additions take abiut 10 minutes tops. So cheap and satisfying compared to the hit and miss nature of 2 euro coils.

Saw the Joyetech Delta 2 first-hand today. I reckon it blows the Sub-tank and the Atlantis out of the water. The premaid Coils seem far more robust as well.

I tried both when deciding, the Delta 2 and Atlantis. Personally I just about preferred the Atlantis. The Delta looks nicer, but it whistles a lot! that would get on my nerves, lol

Advertisement