Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTS general discussion

Options
  • 31-03-2015 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Thought I might start an RTS general discussion thread. I've been trying to get into Grey Goo but while I've played a lot of RTS games with friends or at LANs in the past I've never really taken one online before. Any general tips to help myself embarrass me less online? Any specific tips? The only faction I really have a handle on are the Beta. Humans and Goo are just so damn weird.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Never ever heard of Grey Goo.
    Was gonna redirect to the RTS forum, but then realised we got rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Never ever heard of Grey Goo.
    Was gonna redirect to the RTS forum, but then realised we got rid of it

Made by the same crowd as Universe at War (lot of ex Westwood people) and it's ridiculously asymmetric. Humans have to have all buildings connected to a grid in their base but can teleport buildings at will. Beta can drop buildings anywhere they can currently see on the map. The Goo has no base our resources they just have blobs of Goo that gain health by sitting on resource points or eating enemies and then split up to produce units and build practically instantly. There are no builder units either though humans and beta have resource gatherers

Advertisement