Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Macbook Air 13" 2012

• 31-03-2015 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I am just putting some feelers out for an issue I have come across.
    I had removed the back cover to clean out some dust from the fan and I noticed some small bits of plastic that came off with the cover. On closer inspection I noticed that where the battery pack was screwed to the chassis, there were cracks near all screws and the middle screw surround was completely missing. This macbook has never been dropped and if it had been dropped by someone then the case would have been damaged also or so i think.
    Has anyone come across anything like this before and would it be worth ringing Apple?

cheers

bp.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Throw up some pics here pls

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Does the battery itself look okay? i.e. not warped or swollen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Does the battery itself look okay? i.e. not warped or swollen?

Battery looks fine and works as normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

biko wrote: »
    Throw up some pics here pls

Here you go, notice cracks around screw holes.

Advertisement