Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Voicemail

Options
  • 31-03-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

So I get a message to say that I have a voicemail but my call log shows no call.

The message is various background noises & conversation. No one leaves a message.

Has anyone had this before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Discodog wrote: »
    So I get a message to say that I have a voicemail but my call log shows no call.

The message is various background noises & conversation. No one leaves a message.

Has anyone had this before?

If your phone is out of coverage that can happen that you wouldn't have a missed call but you'd get a VM. As for the contents of the message, well it was probably someone who just forgot to hang up. You could ring back 171 and it usually gives you the option to call back the caller after listening to the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Someone could have put a 5 after the 08- bit.
    Example: If your number was 0872222222 and I wanted to leave you a voice message, I'd dial 08752222222.

The person obviously didn't want to leave the message in the end, so the noise you heard was just whatever background noise was in the place they were at.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

fussyonion wrote: »
    Someone could have put a 5 after the 08- bit.
    Example: If your number was 0872222222 and I wanted to leave you a voice message, I'd dial 08752222222.

The person obviously didn't want to leave the message in the end, so the noise you heard was just whatever background noise was in the place they were at.

So it could of been a miss dial, a wrong number that coincidently matched my voice mail number.

I didn't know that you can leave a direct voicemail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Discodog wrote: »
    So it could of been a miss dial, a wrong number that coincidently matched my voice mail number.

I didn't know that you can leave a direct voicemail.

Yeah; not many people know about it for some reason, but I remember how to do it from when I first got a phone :)
    Don't worry about it; if someone really wants you, they'll ring you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

fussyonion wrote: »
    Yeah; not many people know about it for some reason, but I remember how to do it from when I first got a phone :)
    Don't worry about it; if someone really wants you, they'll ring you back.

You could also listen to people's voicemail by entering the default password. Not that I'd do that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

You could also listen to people's voicemail by entering the default password. Not that I'd do that :)

And change their voicemail greeting message too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

.red. wrote: »
    And change their voicemail greeting message too!!

Ideas, ideas...

Advertisement