Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA/ Motoring conviction/Administrative filter.

Options
  • 31-03-2015 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

I have searched the forum with no real answer so forgive me I’m just looking For some pointers.
    So, basically hoping to travel to USA for the first time October 2015.
    About 15/16 years ago I was in court for driving without insurance.
    I wasn’t arrested and I wasn’t disqualified but I did pay a fine.
    It was my one and only time ever getting into trouble and it’s never happened since.
    Now looking at what I need to do before travelling to USA.

should I apply for a full visa to travel to US?
    Will the new administrative filter not disclose my conviction.

http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/Garda%20Vetting%20Procedures%20-Aministration%20Filter%20revised.pdf )

Should I just apply for a police cert and see what’s on it just in case?

Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Just answer the ESTA questions honestly and see what the result is. If you're turned down it will advise you to apply for a visa.

Do not lie (for your own benefit).

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

You were never arrested so you are fine. Getting a summons to court and paying a fine is nothing. Don't worry.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

In case you need a second answer, Palmy has it right. You need to have been arrested for a fairly serious crime in order to be at risk (generally crimes that involve harming others).

Advertisement