Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research on Bipolar

Options
  • 01-04-2015 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello , its my first time using boards so I hope I get it right!

I am a mature student doing a Masters in Psychotherapy and have also completed a Masters in Psychology. As part of my Psychotherapy masters I am doing a thesis called : Two Sides of the Same Coin - The Male Experience of having a Spouse/Partner with Bipolar . As you have guessed I am looking for males in this situation to talk to me about their experience. It would mean a recorded interview using an assumed name which I can later analyse. The research has full Ethical Approval from ICHAS and confidentiality is guaranteed.

This is an area not yet researched in Ireland and I hope to devise specific supportive therapy for the male partners ( and eventually the female partners) to support them as they support their partners. I have had no problem getting women to talk to me on this issue but am having difficulty getting Irish men to talk to me on the subject . I would really appreciate any help on this as it is looking at a group , in this case males , who are doing fantastic work without any form of support. Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Please read the forum charter. It's stated clearly that prospective posters should contact a moderator if looking for research volunteers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement