Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Honda Steed 400

• 01-04-2015 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I can get a Honda steed manual, I have been told its the same as a 600 is that right, just got a 94 Steed and cant get the front head light to work, although the rear brake light comes on when I turn on the key, do I need to start up th bike???? first, I need the tank painted as well loads of work to do.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Have you replaced the bulb? And Checked all connections between the switch and the bulb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

My God your up late,and thanks for the reply, answer no but I did open the head light it looks ok, I did get a meter from a mate in work to check the wires but I am lost on wiring, I am dying to here it going.

Have you replaced the bulb? And Checked all connections between the switch and the bulb?

Have not a clue where to start,last time I was on a bike was in the 70's I am 55 now and loving this but need the help of other lads and girls that have bikes now. my days bikes had points ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Tawny Owl wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where I can get a Honda steed manual, I have been told its the same as a 600 is that right, just got a 94 Steed and cant get the front head light to work, although the rear brake light comes on when I turn on the key, do I need to start up th bike???? first, I need the tank painted as well loads of work to do.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'd paint the tank last if it was me. Get her up and running first.

As per minidazzler try a new bulb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If it's a US import then the headlight won't come on until the engine starts.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Fuses could be something to check as well ?

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Fuses could be something to check as well ?

Fuses all checked there ok

Thanks.

If it's a US import then the headlight won't come on until the engine starts.

Its from China / Japan Asian market, I am told I cant get a manual as its not in English, thanks for the reply.

Lights all working, indicators are a problem now, wiring is cat.

Working on getting the bike turned over now. nothing happening as in not firing up, even though there's a small amount of fuel in the tank, whats enough so it can be pumped to the carbs, also I took of the caliper on the front brakes off and there in a terrible state, need new seals and then on to the fork seals,

enjoying the small problems cant wait to hear her running.:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Tawny Owl wrote: »
    Working on getting the bike turned over now. nothing happening as in not firing up, even though there's a small amount of fuel in the tank, whats enough so it can be pumped to the carbs, also I took of the caliper on the front brakes off and there in a terrible state, need new seals and then on to the fork seals,

enjoying the small problems cant wait to hear her running.:D:D

"Enjoying" wouldn't be the adjective I'd use :D

If that fuel has been sitting there for a few months or more, throw it out.

The fuel level might be below reserve, with the fuel tap not set to reserve. Or the reserve line could be blocked. Split vacuum hose if it's a vacuum fuel tap, or broken fuel pump if it has a fuel pump (but I doubt it does.)

Scrap the cap!

If that fuel has been sitting there for a few months or more, throw it out.

The fuel level might be below reserve, with the fuel tap not set to reserve. Or the reserve line could be blocked. Split vacuum hose if it's a vacuum fuel tap, or broken fuel pump if it has a fuel pump (but I doubt it does.)

Thanks I had a plastic container do you know the small ones with the spout and it was about a 3rd full I put this in my empty fuel tank, but I don't think its enough fuel, I did not want to fill too much in case I need to take the tank off again, to check the carbs I am hoping the floats are not stuck, and thanks for your tips.

How long since it ran last?

Scrap the cap!

How long since it ran last?

It ran 2 years ago, as I rode it on private land in around a yard, it has not been taxed since 2008. it was a mates bike as he got a chance to buy the bike and get it all done up and running, but lost intrest, me been a biker from the late 70's like a fool said I would buy it from him and give myself some hearth ache in trying to get it back on the road, dont like seeing a bike rot away in a shed and not been used, If I get it going and I dont go back on the road, I can give it to someone in the family, at least it will be uasable again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'd say a good carb clean would do wonder for it.
    If you take the carbs off and find a place that does ultrasonic cleaning and get them to give it a run it will remove all the crap that builds up in the passages.
    It looks like a variant of the Transalp 400/Bros 400 that were out at the same time.

Advertisement