Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Licence

• 01-04-2015 2:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

I have not had a bike since. we say the 70's. I am now 55 and have a thread going here on a 400 Honda Steed, the bike was running 2 years ago , and I did ride it on private land, it has not been taxed since 08 and has sat for a while, I now have no licence, as I let it expired when I was 20. what do I do to get a motorcycle licence, and is this bike legal learner if I get it going, will Insurance be very expensive at my age and how many lessons do I need, so sorry about so many questions, But I am flying cant wait to get it motoring again, the bike looks like a 600 or 750 nice bike and would be nice too see it running again after it been off the road so long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Brasso

Hi,
    I think you will need to start the licence process from scratch so do your theory test, apply for learner permit and then do ibt. As you're over 24 you can apply for full A category learner permit and you'll be able to ride any road legal bike you can get insured on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

I was off bikes for 25yrs.......went back and did my IBT and A licence. Takes lots of hard work and graft.....I'm nearly 50 now and been back biking 3 yrs. Best decision I ever made.

Advertisement