Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to put cash away?

Options
  • 01-04-2015 5:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to go on a trip to the USA next year, and I'll need to start saving for that. Judging from what I can afford to put away, I should be able to save the cash I need easily enough. But I'm looking for a way I can put it away and make it hard or impossible for me to access it until I need it, to avoid spending it on a whim.

I need to save up about 1,500 between now and November, can I set up some kind of savings account that won't allow me to withdraw it until then? Or even an account that isn't linked to my card, to make it harder for me to withdraw cash? I'm open to suggestions that aren't the bank, I'm happy with anything that will make the money impossible or hard for me to access.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Give it to me, I promise not to give any of it back to you ever until November.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

2 options worth considering, include a KBC regular saver account and a Nationwide UK regular saver account.

KBC pay 3.50% AER and allow you save between 100 EUR and 1,000 EUR per month. Instant access but not 'ATM easy access'.

NUK pay 4.00% AER and allow you save between 100 EUR and 1,000 EUR per month. Instant access but not 'ATM easy access'. This is a 15 month account.

Advertisement