Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nicotine hit from non inhalation possible?

• 01-04-2015 5:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Here's the deal, I've regular or high PG juices which for some reason just aren't agreeing with my throat and lungs and the high VG juices like 80% or more seem to make me "chesty" or somewhat wheezy at times.

It's really frustrating because vaping has helped me completely give up the rotten smoking.

I'm not going back on the smokes regardless but I'm asking if anyone here feels they do or would get enough of a nicotine fix from just inhaling to mouth only and letting it sit there for a few seconds without inhaling?

Kind of like cigar smoking I guess, where you never really inhale.

I've been trying it and even opening my mouth and inhaling through the nose from what slowly escapes the mouth. It's feeling ok as a method but just wondering what others thoughts are or if anyone does similar.

For what it's worth mentioning also, I'd put my chest/throat reaction and any wheezing down more to the years of smoking than the actual vaping and my lungs still trying to recover after coming off the smokes.

I'm just trying to find a happy place with the vaping while my lungs recover from the smoking.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

If you're getting a 'high' from just a couple of hits of a juice I'd say the nic is too high for you.
    I'd get a nic 'high' (dizziness, even mild nausea) if I vaped an 18mg nowadays, even some 12s kill me, because I'm almost totally a 6mg man now.
    Try dropping down a level and you should be able to mouth to lung, or direct lung, without the side effects.
    I doubt its the PG or VG content doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WarmT

I don't get a high at all from nicotine, never did.

I can "feel" the sensation and harshness of the higher nic though.

I'm sticking with 12mg or less now and I'll pick up a 6mg and see how it feels but the higher PG liquids are definitely too much for my lungs regardless.

Anyway, apparently the majority of nicotine from vaping is absorbed in your mouth and gums before it would even hit your lungs so I guess I'm fine not inhaling at all.

I'll pick up a decent 6mg, high VG liquid, and see how it goes for the feeling of a nice lung hit from a warm vape, maybe even a zero nic, see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

There is always the likes of the Nicorette spray. I tried that before immediately jumping to vaping, as I found it awful :/ but ... it is a spray into the mouth, and works like you say. You spray it on the inside of your cheek and it slowly releases the nic. But I found it hot, peppery and unpleasant. It's probably worked for others? it's still being advertised 2 years later anyway. Maybe something like that, or patches? for the nic, and vape 0 nic juices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WarmT

Cheers, yeah I know about the spray, not a chance in hell I'd even try it though, happy to continue with the vaping.

Been chatting with others and reading up on it some more, what I want to do is fine.
    I'm going to grab a few 6mg nic bottles today online and take it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'm on 6mg myself now, since I tried sub ohm coils. Last year I was on 24mg! - dropped to 18, then 12 over time, now 6. Who knows? Might even give 3mg a go soon. I'm not feeling any urges for dropping down, but then I did pretty much the same when I smoked. Went from 0-40 JPB a day, to silk cut purple, to under 20 silk cut blue. I think it's the only way for me, gradual steps.

And yeah, that nic spray would be a lat resort. It's really not good. It's a way to get nic into your system, that's about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement