Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whistle blowing part deux

• 01-04-2015 7:54am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Dear forum users,

Im writing this as I feel I have to vent about the way things are done around here.
    Firstly after this post Im either going to be de-modded or site banned or possibly both so good luck to everyone in the future.

The reason I haven't been posting in a while is because I don't agree with my co mods style of modding especially the holier than thou attitude from them.
    They think like they know everything about all things animal related when in reality they are just on power trips.They have no fears in telling users how to post yet they are just as bad at bitching about some users in the mods forum.Some users here have multiple page long threads about them where my fellow mods bitch and moan about these users.These super secret mod forum threads aren't allowed to be discussed outside the forum and I think these users should know whats being said about them so if anyone wants to know pm me and Ill send the info on as Ive saved scrren shots of everyones threads.
    In particular I really don't agree with DBBs latest sticky.In my opinion that should really be stuck where the sun doesn't shine.

Shes goes on about users being "nice" to each other when really there are some people here who shouldn't own a gold fish never mind a dog or cat.These users need a good kick up the arse -- its animals lives that we are talking about here.Being nice wont save a dogs life.

Then theres adrenalinjunkie that backs up DBB at every opportunity.Get a room FFS you two. Get your own opinion AJ.

It just feels like Im surrounded by idiots...When I was modding the forum on my own it was a lot better.There was no bull****.If you broke the rules that was it..none of this "lets all be friends" and post in bold crap.

So there you have it...its not all lets try be nice in the forum.Theres more going on than you lot know and mods are back stabbing users where they cant be seen.

So that's it--been nice knowing you all..Ill be back as a re-reg in the future if I do get banned.

Oh yeah and Dbb and Aj--You wont be able to delete this thread or any posts in it as Ive just changed the admin password so if you have anything to say,you`ll have to say it in thread.

I got demoded for this post last night.
    So Im demanding that I get my mod powers back.

Im almost 20 years here and haven't even gotten one infraction...its the other idiot mods that should be removed.
    As for Dav--community manager---I wouldn't let him a community centre.
    Another gob****e.Thinks hes god.

Oh yeah and another thing--remember the last mods beer..Remember the pictures of what some mods got up to??

Yep I kept the dodgy ones....Ill post them all over boards if I have to.

Assholes the lot of ye.

My offer stands if anyone wants to see whats being said about them in the mods forum--just pop me a pm.
    Ive terabytes of stuff here of copy and pasted threads.

Who is the biggest a**hoole 2 votes

DBB
    0%
    Adrenaline junkie
    50%
    bucketybuck 1 vote
    Dav
    0%
    All of the above.
    50%
    ibarelycare 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I'm not sure what it is you're trying to do and why on earth you think the way you're doing it is the right thing, but it's not.

You've been demodded, that is unlikely to be reversed.

We will talk about this tomorrow as I am on my way to bed. Very disappointed that you'd do this and not either talk to your CMods or the Admins or Niamh and I first.
    I don't know what's going on, but I spotted something elsewhere on the site that directed me to some sort of mess going on in your forum.

Hellrazer (included in this PM) has been demodded effective immediately whilst I review what's going on. I've done this purely because of the post made and the fairly outlandish and wild claims about admin passwords and all the rest. I won't have anyone making that sort of ill informed noise that gives an impression of lax security policies. That any mod would make such a post suggests they need to step away.

I am going to bed. I strongly urge the rest of you to sleep on whatever is causing this mess and we will all discuss it in the morning.

Dear Hellrazer,

You have been permanently banned from Animals & Pet Issues for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Dav

Davs pms--See asshole.Thinks hes god.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Bloody hell Hellrazer. Could you not have discussed this in private? This is just lunacy.
    Folks, sorry about this. HR obviously still has access to some admin tools and has locked us out of being able to delete or modify this thread. I'm trying to contact Dav or HQ as I type.
    I'm so sorry, this is quite embarrassing.
    Hopefully normal service will resume soon :(
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Tbh there is alot of truth in what he is saying aboit the way tue forum is run, its gone to the dogs the past while with mod power trips and if what he says is true maybe you and AJ should step down....

aaakev wrote: »
    Tbh there is alot of truth in what he is saying aboit the way tue forum is run, its gone to the dogs the past while with mod power trips and if what he says is true maybe you and AJ should step down....

Pipe down, will you. Do you not think we've enough to be dealing with here?
    You needn't post in this thread again.
    Thanks,
    DBB

DBB wrote: »
    Pipe down, will you. Do you not think we've enough to be dealing with here?
    You needn't post in this thread again.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Pipe down? Excuse me im not a child :rolleyes:

Your dealing with something you had a hand in causing amd that should be discussed in public so no, i wont pipe down....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Maybe I could be category mod for a day? I'd fire the lot of yez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Tbh I stopped posting in this forum a long time ago due to a sucession of mods who were hysterical megalomaniacs, no idea what the current lot are like but hellrazer was always decent and if he's saying its gone to bits in here then you can take it that it has, in fact, gone to bits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

the horrible part about this is the allegations that are made in the thread and the way that mods overview people in general and hold, in the view of the poster that their is an underbelly that holds sway and control over actions of mods

• Registered Users Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Would it be cheeky to ask for a link to part 1??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

padd b1975 wrote: »

I'd imagine Dav or an admin deleted it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Bloody hell Hellrazer. Could you not have discussed this in private? This is just lunacy.

If you don't like the post use the report button!
    ;)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Hellrazer, surely it hasn't taken you this long to figure out how bad this place can be. There's no surprise so many people step down as mods and withdraw from the site. For better or for worse, this place is nothing like it used to be.

padd b1975 wrote: »

Part 1 is the pasted bit at the start of this thread

Rather than telling people to pipe down, you could actually address the questions raised by HR. Of only the allegations are partially true it would still be quite concerning.

Look, HR is clearly not himself this past while. He has been coming out with weird stuff in the mod's forum. This is an unprecedented incident and there's nothing we can do until this thread is responded to by head office. We're doing our best here so you'll excuse my being a little irritated about it for the time being.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Adrenaline junkie
    Look, HR is clearly not himself this past while. He has been coming out with weird stuff in the mod's forum. This is an unprecedented incident and there's nothing we can do until this thread is responded to by head office. We're doing our best here so you'll excuse my being a little irritated about it for the time being.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Sounds like there is a lot of stuff going on in the mod forum. I imagine quite a few will be irritated by that.

Fcukers.

Fcukers.

Ah now, there's no need for that.
    Lads, just because we can't mod this thread as normal doesn't mean ye can take liberties. We will eventually get admin control back, so I'd suggest ye mind what you're sayin.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Tbh, based on DBB's posts here, I can totally see where HR is coming from.

Nothing but a nasty attitude, telling people to 'pipe down.' Seriously? Is that really how a mod should be speaking to someone who is voicing concerns about the forum?

Seems the mask has slipped, and the nasty attitude displayed in the mod forum has spilled over into here...

Ah now, there's no need for that.
    Lads, just because we can't mod this thread as normal doesn't mean ye can take liberties. We will eventually get admin control back, so I'd suggest ye mind what you're sayin.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Pft. I'll take the ban. Based on your posts in here, I wont be lurking or posting anymore here anyway.

Pft. I'll take the ban. Based on your posts in here, I wont be lurking or posting anymore here anyway.

Based on your behaviour here, I'm quite pleased about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS58x5ZUeRj0aPTkltWY5867cYZUFRVKSi25iC5El5NzpNzqAbX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Can people stop posting in this thread please till we get this mess sorted out.

Thanks,
    AJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well tattoos and piercings shouldnt be aloud anyway, their just rong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Thanks,
    AJ

I think I will vote for you so :pac:

Thanks,
    AJ

What's it like to not be able to power trip here? :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thanks for the support everyone.
    DBB / Aj--you two should stop posting in this thread and let people vent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,342 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG???

Thanks,
    AJ

AJ, I'm not sure if you got my pm but could you leave this to me?
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Won't somebody think of the animals? For the love of god, somebody please think of the animals!

• Advertisement

aaakev wrote: »
    Based on your attitude towards posters i reckon your fast loosing what little respect some people may have had for you, please keep going

Wow. Such fighting talk.
    You can take it that you're getting a forum ban when this is all sorted.
    You'll not be alone either.
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement