Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dressed Fries Idea's

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ken1971

fry 1lb of mince 2tsp chillie powder, 1 1/2 cumin, 1/2 paprika, 2 oregano, 1 garlic powder,1 salt, and 500 to 800 tomato pasatta, cook it up then fry your skinny chips put them in a bowl cover with mince then squirt " lynch taco sause "you can get it in dunnes "3.60e" then sprinkle some grated cheese over the top and put it under the grill to melt cheese and let it cool for 10 mins and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I like beef gravy, I sometimes add in chilli powder or franks hot sauce. Some think its odd but chips are pretty similar to roast potatoes and most would think nothing wrong with having gravy on them.

I like chinese BBQ sauce, there was a good recipe in a long thread here. My local chinese does a large sauce for just a little more, not on the menu. I buy them and stick it in a jar.
    Sarsons malt vinegar & Saxo table salt.
    Some chippers sell decent vinegar. I have been meaning to make powdered salt in a blender, to cover more evenly.
    Tarzana2 wrote: »
    But then you miss out on the delicious bread, one of the best things about a good kebab.
    Most chippers are just using bog standard pittas, while their chips are proper cut chips. It is far easier to eat kebab trays mess wise, as they give you a fork. Some people want a few chips but a full bag is usually too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

rubadub wrote: »
    Most chippers are just using bog standard pittas, while their chips are proper cut chips. It is far easier to eat kebab trays mess wise, as they give you a fork. Some people want a few chips but a full bag is usually too much.

I only eat kebabs at proper kebab places though, and the bread tends to be great. Kebabs from regular chippers tend to be rank whether bread is involved or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    I only eat kebabs at proper kebab places though,
    Right, but the guy you quoted was talking about chippers. I doubt you get kebab trays with in "proper kebab" places, if you can I doubt their chips would be as good. I would rather have chipper chips than a bog standard pita.

Some chippers do a "tasty tray" which is usually bacon & cheese and garlic sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

My favourite chips -
    With bernaise sauce.
    Or chipper vinegar.

I recently had sweet potato wedges in the Woolen Mills in Dublin - served with cottage cheese, scallions and paprika. Really great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

slice up some polish sausage,any supermarket these days..the pork one.. slice some spring onion,mushrooms,babycorn,sugarsnaps..throw them in a pan on high and add some smoked paprika, when almost done add a dash or two of reggae reggae sauce ..lob onto your crispy chips ...delish

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Isn't there a Canadian dish that serves it with gravy and little lumps of cheese? Can't remember exactly what its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

beertons wrote: »
    Isn't there a Canadian dish that serves it with gravy and little lumps of cheese? Can't remember exactly what its called.
    Poutine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I was in TacoTaco in Odessa on Saturday and they are serving Poutine Fries. Their version is fries with black pepper sauce,bacon and mozzarella. Beautiful!

cee_jay wrote: »
    I was in TacoTaco in Odessa on Saturday and they are serving Poutine Fries. Their version is fries with black pepper sauce,bacon and mozzarella. Beautiful!

\salivates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

beertons wrote: »
    \salivates.

The only problem was we were too full from the tacos and nachos we couldn't finish the fries :'( I want to go back - just for the fries!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Alun wrote: »
    Poutine.

Delightful, so it is.

The only problem was we were too full from the tacos and nachos we couldn't finish the fries :'( I want to go back - just for the fries!

Fries first, nachos second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

That's not poutine at all though, it's just fries with bacon, pepper sauce and mozzarella, as nice as it sounds.

Poutine = gravy and curd.

Advertisement