Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Electricity Usage

Options
  • 01-04-2015 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend the best gadget for this..one you just leave on the mantle piece, and tells you how much electricity is being used at any one time. Our bills are gone expensive, and maybe when herself sees how much it costs, she might stop using the dryer constantly:D:D Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Something like this will do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

slookie wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend the best gadget for this..one you just leave on the mantle piece, and tells you how much electricity is being used at any one time. Our bills are gone expensive, and maybe when herself sees how much it costs, she might stop using the dryer constantly:D:D Any help appreciated.

Tumble dryers can consume huge amounts of electricity, we replaced ours from 2.7Kw to 1Kw by going for a Siemens Heat pump dryer.

Electric heaters also cost a small fortune to run as well.

If you want to make a house warmer.... you cannot beat insulation and good air tightness of the house (excluding draughts etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

£23.99 today: >> http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001Q1G4WK

Or ask electric ireland about a pipit meter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Could anyone recommend a more modern version of the ones linked above? I would guess the newer they are the more accurate but open to correction. I can't see whether or not the models I'm looking at on ebay have the euro sign, they all seem to be in pounds on the device and do not mention if it can be changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Could anyone recommend a more modern version of the ones linked above? I would guess the newer they are the more accurate but open to correction. I can't see whether or not the models I'm looking at on ebay have the euro sign, they all seem to be in pounds on the device and do not mention if it can be changed.

They wont really be any more accurate> They are not true wattage meters, but are close enough.

The pounds sign wont make a difference. Put in 20p per kw hour in settings and simply read whatever value is on the screen as if its euros if the symbol cant be changed.

£2.51 will be €2.51 for example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I have the owl and the myhome4u/energenie.
    Cant rely to be too accurate either...

The owl is adding the PV generated electricity and at night i have constant PV generation,giving false readings.
    Consumption on the mains is off the real values from the meter.

Owl does very nice reports and graphs.
    Energenie is not doing historical graphs for a longer period of time.

Advertisement