Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch - disable Communications failure warning?

Options
  • 01-04-2015 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I recently moved into a house with Phonewatch alarm installed. I rang the company to find out about the costs etc. and they told me the previous owner was in a contract for another two years and they remained liable for the cost. He was even very vague about how much the service does cost!

Anyway, he said as long as the previous owner kept paying the bill, our alarm was monitored. This changed in the last few days however (as I expected would eventually happen) and now there are nightly warning beeps about a communication failure. So I suspect the owner has (rightly) stopped paying.

I am not interested in the paid monitoring service myself so can anyone help me update the system to stop the communication failure? I understand from other threads that I can update the number to contact my own phone instead of Phonewatch?

The model is Interlogic Eircom Phonewatch.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

a_leno wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently moved into a house with Phonewatch alarm installed. I rang the company to find out about the costs etc. and they told me the previous owner was in a contract for another two years and they remained liable for the cost. He was even very vague about how much the service does cost!

Anyway, he said as long as the previous owner kept paying the bill, our alarm was monitored. This changed in the last few days however (as I expected would eventually happen) and now there are nightly warning beeps about a communication failure. So I suspect the owner has (rightly) stopped paying.

I am not interested in the paid monitoring service myself so can anyone help me update the system to stop the communication failure? I understand from other threads that I can update the number to contact my own phone instead of Phonewatch?

The model is Interlogic Eircom Phonewatch.

Thanks.

With the Interlogic you need to make sure it has a domestic dialer.
    If not a genetic one can be added that is triggered by the bell output off the system. This is my opinion is the better option.

I have sent you a P.M. re the code you need to at lease stop it beeping now the monitoring is switched off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 a_leno

altor wrote: »
    With the Interlogic you need to make sure it has a domestic dialer.
    If not a genetic one can be added that is triggered by the bell output off the system. This is my opinion is the better option.

I have sent you a P.M. re the code you need to at lease stop it beeping now the monitoring is switched off :)

Hi, thanks for the reply altor. I'm a bit of a newbie with alarms. How would I know if there is a domestic dialer in place already. Is that normally part of the alarm install of the interlogic? I cant see what cables are connected to it. And i use UPC for telephone so dont think the alarm uses that.

Hi, thanks for the reply altor. I'm a bit of a newbie with alarms. How would I know if there is a domestic dialer in place already. Is that normally part of the alarm install of the interlogic? I cant see what cables are connected to it. And i use UPC for telephone so dont think the alarm uses that.

You need to go into engineer mode when you get the engineer code and check if the domestic dialer is there.

You would need to find out which way the previous owner had the system monitored also. If they too had UPC then there may be a GSM installed. You then have a choice or running a cable from the UPC to the alarm or use a ready to go sim card in the alarm if a domestic dialer is there. If not all is not lost as you can add a voice or text dialer to the system to self monitor the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 a_leno

altor wrote: »
    You need to go into engineer mode when you get the engineer code and check if the domestic dialer is there.

You would need to find out which way the previous owner had the system monitored also. If they too had UPC then there may be a GSM installed. You then have a choice or running a cable from the UPC to the alarm or use a ready to go sim card in the alarm if a domestic dialer is there. If not all is not lost as you can add a voice or text dialer to the system to self monitor the alarm.

Thanks Altor. Will check those out. I might be back to you again! a_leno.

Thanks Altor. Will check those out. I might be back to you again! a_leno.

That is no problem a_leno, always happy to help :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement