Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    Pikmin on 3DS. Good God, throw the Wii U a bone. How many games have they announced today for 3DS?

It was supposed to be a 3DS centered Direct.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Banjo wrote: »
    @ Sligeach - didn't they say this was a 3DS-only direct? Doesn't excuse it but it does explain it :D

They said it would be 3DS "focused".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pikmin on 3DS. Good God, throw the Wii U a bone. How many games have they announced today for 3DS?

It was a 3DS only direct. Liked that they showed Yoshi and when they said Poochie I lol'd, Pikmin was weird as a side scroller but I'm interested. Such a pity Mario Maker has no online. Like WarioWare DIY it's going to be a lonely experience.
    Finally get off the sun beds Reggie, jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

They said it would be 3DS "focused".

CrQpfUpWEAA_uuB.jpg:small

It was a 3DS Direct, stop being pedantic and negative for the sake of it.

See they've ported over Wii U games to 3DS but none the other way. They could have ported some games for the Wii U.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

See they've ported over Wii U games to 3DS but none the other way. They could have ported some games for the Wii U.

That Mario Sports mix would be ideal....but I bet Nintendo is just saving all of them to be ported to NX.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Why would they waste time developing specifically for the Wii U at this stage, when they're obviously busy developing for the NX, and continuing to produce games for the 3DS?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

What could they have possibly announced for the Wii U at this stage that would satisfy people? Hardly worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Pikmin
    Port of Yoshi's Woolly Word.
    Cut down port of Mario Maker.
    Some Tank game.
    That Forever Oasis game they mentioned previously.
    Some street pass related rubbish.
    That Mario sport thing.

Mentioned others that will be available for pre-order sometime but I wasn't paying attention.

Pokemon sun / moon
    Ace attorney SOJ
    Shin megumi tenshi IV: apocalypse

just started SMTIV this week and lovin it looks like ill be pickin up the sequel too. September is gonna be an expensive month for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is it an existing Pikmim on 3ds or a new one?

Either way, i'm having it.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    It was a 3DS Direct, stop being pedantic and negative for the sake of it.

They've had 3DS Directs before and had Wii U stuff included. They had a bit today as well but it was pitiful. Wii U owners need games too. It's not good for them to let us starve while 3DS gets loads of games but then be like next year "here's our NX, buy it! Forget about how we forgot you".

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Is it an existing Pikmim on 3ds or a new one?

Either way, i'm having it.

It's very different from normal Pikmin. It's a sidescrolling platformer with Captain Olimar firing out Pikmin to use the Pikmin's unique abilities to overcome objects and puzzles.

They've had 3DS Directs before and had Wii U stuff included. They had a bit today as well but it was pitiful. Wii U owners need games too. It's not good for them to let us starve while 3DS gets loads of games but then be like next year "here's our NX, buy it! Forget about how we forgot you".

You were told it was a 3DS Direct, that's what it was.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It's very different from normal Pikmin. It's a sidescrolling platformer with Captain Olimar firing out Pikmin to use the Pikmin's unique abilities to overcome objects and puzzles.

Kind of reminded of Lemmings on the Amiga.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Amiibo support for New Leaf has me intrigued. Not sure why though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

See how they said if you preorder dragon quest 7 you'd get a free theme ? Is that only if you buy off the eShop?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Usually so. Will be in Smyth's tomorrow so I'll ask if any preorder bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Changed my mind. Not having that.

What could they have possibly announced for the Wii U at this stage that would satisfy people? Hardly worth it.

Metroid Prime: Federation Force 2. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Changed my mind. Not having that.

Yeah, could be a bit like the Chibi Robo series.
    Started on a high, with the magnificent original on the GameCube, followed by a still good but not as good sequel on the DS, a forgettable mini game on the 3DS and lastly a pitiful effort on the 3DS, but this time at least with a nice Amiibo.

Pikmin has at least has had three games that have only gotten better, but a 2D title could be just as hopeless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Usually so. Will be in Smyth's tomorrow so I'll ask if any preorder bonus.

Preordered mine off Smyth's website,let me know if you got a preorder bonus,the guy in store didn't even know what dragon quest was

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

giphy.gif
    I'm so excited for the amiibo, I squeed, I wanted a something with him on it for ages. I loved Tetris Attack. Didn't get to Woolly World I've no Wii U yet.
    Glad to see Pikmin and a bit more on the updates for New Leaf.
    I saw you can get a 100 street passes instead of 10 if you're premium (I think)

Fire Emblem Direct tomorrow at 10pm Irish time.

Looks like it may be about the mobile Fire Emblem game but Fire Emblem Warriors may be mentioned.

C2YLbmjWIAAOylC.png

Fire Emblem Warriors is definitely being shown tomorrow.
    C2YLTUQWgAEIBzs.jpg:small

It'll be multiple Fire Emblem games.

I think fire emblem warriors will be out for 2017 now.

There's also rumours of a Fates: Revelation port to Switch with all the DLC content included. I'll find the story and drop it in here.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=228518482

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's also rumours of a Fates port to Switch with all the DLC content included. I'll find the story and drop it in here.

That I would love to see.

Couldn't care less about any more Musou games, no matter what skin they wrap them up in.

That's the thing about it been found in the source code right? Could just be a mistake but we'll see.

Nintendo direct April 12th! 11pm! Mainly focused on Splatoon 2 and Arms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Nintendo direct April 12th! 11pm! Mainly focused on Splatoon 2 and Arms.

ohhh i really hope they're announcing an early summer release date for splatoon, but i think Arms is meant to be out before splatoon. Proabably riding off the back of splatoons popularity by having it in the same direct for a new IP launch

Advertisement