Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

No Switch 2 talk eh … Silksong shadow drop confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

40 minutes. I wonder are they going to pad it out with extended footage of a few games. We'll find out this time tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

That would be fantastic (although unlikely).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wouldn’t super surprise me if it makes an appearance now considering it’s skipped several major shows in a row… but a shadow drop during Elden Ring DLC week would be a risky move given the overlapping Venn diagram for fans of both games 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ThePandazorian

I'm skeptical about Silk Song being shown let alone dropped. With Microsoft seemingly picking it up for day-1 on Gamepass they might the exclusive release announcement rights. But you never know. Microsoft care less about being a traditional "first party". If it got people to play the game on Gamepass they won't care who got to make the announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Deadpool just how will Nintendo break your heart tomorrow.

I'll go niche on this one,

No Faxanadu shadow drop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Supposedly Darkest Dungeon 2 has been spotted as rated for Switch, so might be one for the Direct tmw; I believe it didn't review as well as the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will see if can avoid the news until I get home tomorrow evening and watch it then.

One thing we know will be there is the new Among Us thing since that's the reason people expected the Direct tomorrow.

There were rumours of a Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, but Pyoro has said that's not what they were hinting at.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/1dionxf/pyoro_says_that_the_game_isnt_mario_and_sonic_at/

It's not a 1st party game. Even if it's not what they're talking about, it would be a good guess that there will be a Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, regardless.

• Advertisement

Brothership looks FANTASTIC!

Mario & Luigi: Brothership.

Launches 7th November.

Fingers crossed that Metroid Prime 4 isn't here. 🤞

Very underwhelming update to Switch Sports.

Donkey Kong Country Returns HD. Includes the levels from the 3DS version. Launches 16th January.

… and there's Darkest Dungeon 2 anyway.

Nice update to NSO today. Four Swords Adventure, Metroid Zero Mission, Turok and Perfect Dark.

Perfect Dark is coming to NSO.

Super Mario Party Jamboree.

Play as Zelda?!!!!

Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom.

September 26th 2024. NICE

• Advertisement

Wow!

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom. I thought that was a trick alright, and roles would be reversed.

It looks interesting and looks like it's using the Link's Awakening HD engine. Launches in September.

That's a really neat game mechanic in the Zelda game: I wonder how expansive it'll be; seems like it could have a lot of really creative uses but I suspect it won't be as freeform as the BotW games were with their physics & Ultrahand mechanic.

Hopefully they fix the engine from the Links Awakening port. It's still sluggish enough 2 years later.

Stray! Lovely!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Great to see a playable Zelda, although it would be very funny if they called it The Legend of Link.

They've smashed it, in fairness. Fantastic direct. Could we hope for S******g as the "one last thing"?

Blowing a new Zelda with 10 minutes left…..could be something bigger left to close?!

METROID PRIME 4: BEYOND!!!!

Mad bastards actually did it!

Coming 2025!

• Advertisement

Ah damnit anyway!

Advertisement