Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options
1101102103104105107»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus, that's one to end on. 😮

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ok my immediate question about that Metroid Prime 4 trailer is how that chimes in with the worst-kept secret in Nintendo & the Switch 2: if Prime 4's due 2025 can we expect this to be a cross-platform game as BotW was fadó (Wii + Switch?)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd say cross-gen is near guaranteed. To my eyes that trailer looked distinctly Switch quality - very much of a piece with the remastered MP1 aesthethics.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Metroid Prime 4 is definitely a cross platform game. I'm disappointed, as I wanted it exclusively on Switch 2, to make the most of the new hardware.

But, Nintendo did promise it to Switch owners, it's a niche franchise and they've got a ready made user base of 130+ million, so they weren't going to ignore that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭geotrig

its ok sligeach it'll be in the switch pro 😉

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I do have to give Nintendo credit: in an age where many game trailers are pre-rendered or 'in engine' cinematics, Nintendo shows off its biggest upcoming games clearly running on actual Switch level hardware even if it isn't as flattering as the likely next-gen versions will be. No doubt that Metroid Prime 4 will look very close to that running on a standard Switch, even if it's likely going to have a significant resolution upgrade for the successor console.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Nice! Fun, colourful, timeless videogames, competing on art style, gameplay, small budgets (because there is only so much you can do on a Switch), and appealing to a wide audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ThePandazorian

Yeah that trailer was running on Switch(1) hardware. Nintendo almost never shows gameplay made to look better than the final result. Metroid Prime 4 looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Aonuma looks fresh, like they have given him a few weeks off after TOTK. 😁

I'd say 20 more years of Zelda stewardship from him.

Hopefully he steers clear of the movie, theme park side of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just saw in the American stream that there as a collector's edition of World Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ya, that was announced a month ago, Europe is getting it too. I remembered there was a difference between some of the regions in the collection, but had to look it up to remind myself .

Japan gets a pair of NES controllers, but Europe and America doesn't.

Advertisement