Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

More Amiibo announced than games. All the switch games were for children.

Fire Emblem on 3DS the only thing that appealed to me (also secretly want the Majora Link amiibo :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

ShaneU wrote: »
    All the switch games were for children.

Not exclusively for children. Also, Payday 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is RPG Maker Fes going to be much use?
    I saw a trailer on YouTube & it interests me. Got great use out of Warioware DIY when it came out a few years back kinda reminded me of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

What the hell were some expecting? Some of the over reactions to Directs are always a little bizarre really, even when told what they'd mostly be about and with E3 around the corner. How many games did people think would be announced in a Direct, not far from E3, and in a Direct that was itself only announced a few days before? It was mostly round out the dates of Arms and Splatoon 2 and a few 3DS stuff. To be honest there was a lot more information in it than I was expecting.

Direct's are information throwers, not mini E3's that I think some expect. I like the new 'news scroll' method too, quick and snappy and didn't linger too much on lower level announcements. Payday 2 was an interesting announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

That was a good Direct. I like the 'headlines' style too. Koizumi is a great replacement for Iwata as well. Arms is looking really excellent, day 1 purchase definitely.

Mario Kart, Minecraft, Arms and Splatoon 2 in the next 4 months as well as smaller games in that time is a cracking line up.

Suprised and a little amused that a direct announced to be mainly about Arms and Splatoon 2 has people disappointed that they mainly showed Arms and Splatoon 2.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    How many games did people think would be announced in a Direct,

There were a lot more game announcements than i expected, that's wasn't the issue. It was more that the games announced weren't particularly interesting. They have a potentially hugely successful console at the moment, but announcing third party games like Payday 2 and Namco Museum is not going to win over anyone.

There's no reason not to come out all guns blazing at this point, if they have games, even a teaser would be wise. If they don't, then they won't by e3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

I'm happy they announced new game releases (nicely spread out). Back in the bygone years I was lucky if I could afford one NES game a year, do I don't see a drought if I have a 2-3 month wait between the games I want.

There are so many different gamer types these days, that while the line up may seem weak to one person, there may be a hidden gem for another.

The release of minecraft will be a major selling point to some parents. (Forget kids the parents are the ones shelling out the cash).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

wtlltw wrote: »
    I'm happy they announced new game releases (nicely spread out). Back in the bygone years I was lucky if I could afford one NES game a year, do I don't see a drought if I have a 2-3 month wait between the games I want.

There are so many different gamer types these days, that while the line up may seem weak to one person, there may be a hidden gem for another.

The release of minecraft will be a major selling point to some parents. (Forget kids the parents are the ones shelling out the cash).

same on you 1st point i was the same only got new games at xmas and played what i had to death !!! I dont see any issue with the amount of games so far...either way im still nowhere near clearing zelda !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

E3 is less than 2 months away. It kinda makes sense to get those relatively boring 3DS bits out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Probably announced more than I expected but like others, I'm not really feeling Arms yet. Think I'll hold off on that one for a while.

I think a lot of the Nindies from the last Direct were more exciting than the 3rd party stuff announced in this one.

I think an issue they have now with still supporting the 3DS is that it kinda feels that all of those games should be on the Switch too. I know they have a huge install base with the 3DS but I couldn't help but feel that Pikmin game would look great in HD on the Switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The thing I always wonder coming out of these Directs is do all those games sell? Like there seems to be loads of new RPGs announced each direct. Do they sell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Regarding the 3rd party situation, I came across this comment which I've slightly altered and is very valid.

Wait for the January Direct.......oops
    Wait for the launch, Nintendo must be up to something....oops
    Wait for the April Direct.......oops
    Wait for E3, Nintendo must be saving up for it....okay.

There's nothing to wait for. If they have something they should be showing it like yesterday(both literally and metaphorically). There's nothing to gain by waiting until E3 and do people not remember all the recent E3's? They've been terrible.

Well I mean 1st party stuff for E3, not 3rd party. Although I bet call of duty will be on the switch this year.

For first party stuff at e3, i see then meaning very heavily on Mario Oddysey. I'd be surprised to see much we haven't heard of. Zelda DLC will probably be explained also.

I hope I'm not coming across very negative, i love the Switch. But if they want another Wii rather than a Wii U, first party stuff and 360 ports won't be enough to convert the masses!

Thing is E3 is still before Arms and Spltoon release so they will have focus on them still

Neogaf detective work has uncovered evidence of a possible direct within a week or two! Linked into the rumours of imminent announcement of Pokemon Stars and Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga DX.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1367398

Seems strange having one a month out from E3. Maybe it's to talk about the Zelda DLC or more about Street Fighter or Arms

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I think Nintendo don't really give a **** about e3, much to my chagrin, because I'll be at it. All the same I think it's understandable, **** gets lost in the shuffle at e3, and there's little really positive publicity it's mostly the negative stuff that goes down in infamy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had chagrin once, but I prefer a nice Pinot Noir....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Bet that direct is for SwitchFit, and all that talk about peripheral backwards compatibility was the balance board and wiifit meter.

Although, portable wiifit isn't a bad idea... And there's the option for a subs based model...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm waiting for a decent golf game on the Switch, it could work well, with a controller in each hand, and the HD Rumble tm giving good feedback.
    Pity though that you can't have the experience of the golf portion of Wii sports resort on the WiiU. That was very nice indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

mayordenis wrote: »
    I think Nintendo don't really give a **** about e3, much to my chagrin, because I'll be at it. All the same I think it's understandable, **** gets lost in the shuffle at e3, and there's little really positive publicity it's mostly the negative stuff that goes down in infamy.

Nintendo have a large amount of floorspace reserved for E3, I don't think you'll be disappointed. My own personal view is that from a marketing viewpoint Nintendo have mostly nailed it since the November(?) reveal of Switch. I'm looking forward to what's on show at E3, but goddammit Nintendo, whether at E3 or the next Direct, show us what's happening with Virtual Console!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Banjo wrote: »
    Bet that direct is for SwitchFit, and all that talk about peripheral backwards compatibility was the balance board and wiifit meter.

Although, portable wiifit isn't a bad idea... And there's the option for a subs based model...

I'm looking forward to it. I still have 5000km to finish on the WiiU. 10km a day doesn't even dent the game lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Arms Direct coming tomorrow, new Splatoon trailer to air also.

11pm our time.

http://nintendoeverything.com/arms-direct-announced-for-tomorrow-will-include-new-splatoon-2-trailer/

I see Stars...

New Pokemon Direct tomorrow. Stars incoming?

DBkBJxdWsAEu9O_.jpg

Pokemon Go update. :)

So Stars would be a big deal for the Switch? More than Monster Hunter? Not a Pokemon player myself

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Pokemon Go update. :)

So Stars would be a big deal for the Switch? More than Monster Hunter? Not a Pokemon player myself

I'm not a Pokemon player either but the rumoured Stars game would be enormous no doubt. Bigger than Monster Hunter for sure I think, definitely globally.

Pokemon site says 'Big News'

Xr8drnL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pokken Tournament for Switch & Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon for 3DS like Black/White 2.....erm ok I guess. I never bothered finishing Sun tbh.
    Gold & Silver coming to 3ds September 22nd is more exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pretty disappointing that there nothing but a fighting game port for the Switch.

Advertisement