Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Comments

Anyone know what the multiplayer is like in this? Good as far as multiplayer shooters go?

It's much improved from first launch. Fun but nothing groundbreaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's much improved from first launch. Fun but nothing groundbreaking.

I wonder what the online community will be like for Switch though? I've played some mario kart online but tried a few times to play NBA playgrounds online and could never get a match up.

I wonder what the online community will be like for Switch though? I've played some mario kart online but tried a few times to play NBA playgrounds online and could never get a match up.

I suspect it will sell well initially for sure and especially for anyone who hasn't played the campaign (It's one of the best FPS campaigns in a decade IMO).
    Expect high number of users at XMAS online but I wouldn't bank on it lasting beyond 6 months...it's Peer 2 Peer connectivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember someone saying Call of Duty on Wii U had a pretty decent number of people online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is a new Nintendo Direct this week to announce Animal Crossing Mobile.

4am UK / 5am CEST on 25th October in Europe.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/animal_crossing_for_mobile_is_all_set_for_a_nintendo_direct_reveal_this_week

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/922432707635822592

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tom Nook goes mobile

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tom Nook goes mobile

That thieving git gets everywhere!

I hear he is taking over as director of the Central Bank!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Tom Nook goes mobile

Watch those permissions carefully when installing! Sometimes it's a blessing we don't have many Bill To Carrier providers in this country :D

Thanks Much

Xenoblade 2 Direct Nov 7th @ 2pm

• Advertisement

Wonder if there'll be a pokemon one for ultra sun and moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Zelda direct on December 12th. Presumably will have more to say than just the BOTW DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Zelda direct on December 12th. Presumably will have more to say than just the BOTW DLC.

Must be substantial DLC if its getting its own direct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I posted this in the Zelda: BOTW thread a couple of days ago.
    sligeach wrote: »
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild livestream scheduled for December 12th (Japan)

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/legend-zelda-breath-wild-livestream-scheduled-december-12th-japan/

Don't get too excited excited just yet about seeing the DLC on that date. The story explains why and that we may see it even sooner at the Game Awards which are on next week. I'd say that's a very good possibility given that we seen the first gameplay of the game from the show back in 2014. They will be on the 8th, Friday at 1.30am, our time.

It's not a Direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I kinda doubt it. No need for it - Switch is on fire and will probably be sold out all around for Christmas. Would make more sense to hold out til January for other content announcements. Including virtual console presumably

This is entirely rumour and should be taken with a lorry load of salt and scepticism.

olgyt19.jpg

SBlUH0r.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sounds very plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Sounds pretty good all that. We'll find out within the next 2 or 3 weeks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I don't believe it purely for that 'His Golden Eyes' stuff. That just sounds bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Corholio wrote:
    I don't believe it purely for that 'His Golden Eyes' stuff. That just sounds bizarre.

It does sound pretty similar to Goldeneye: Rogue Agent for the Gamecube.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Would love to see that tokyo mirage sessions port. Please be real!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Have seen that Mario Sports pop up several times in BS Direct "leaks".

And even if its real, if that "SNAP!" game isnt retro-fitted into a Pokemon Snap 2 game then...come on Nintendo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    And even if its real, if that "SNAP!" game isnt retro-fitted into a Pokemon Snap 2 game then...come on Nintendo!

Pikmin snap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Star Lord wrote: »
    Pikmin snap?

Maybe...like some crazed "Wheres Wally!" or one of those "hidden item" games: you have to try zoom in and find the Pikmins as they appear and vanish behind leaves/rocks.

Looks like the 11th January is now a strongly rumoured date for the Direct.

Reddit rumours. Don’t believe these myself personally, Red dead redemption remaster is apparently next to impossible since the code is a mess.
    NOTE: Not everything in this section is going to be or meant to be announced in the January Direct. Only expect the things that are specifically noted to most likely be a part of it. Ok? Ok.

The Switch's Virtual Console not being like how it currently is known to be like, as there's some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works, and how online and rewards will work now too being part of that Direct.

Metroid Prime 4 as I've said before has Bandai Namco's involved in the development. It will have some presence in the Direct.

As I said in the original Leakileaks post, there's some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too, with an update I have about that being that it should be out around Q3 at the latest it sounds like, which should be covered in the Direct.

Pokemon Gen 8 should get covered and some kind of highlight in the Direct since I keep hearing there's very real pressure on them to get the game out by late 2018. It was brought to my attention that this may be less likely to happen based entirely on the fact that The Pokemon Company has (as of this writing) hasn't announced mainline Pokemon games during any general Nintendo Direct or E3 presentations. Unless they're breaking the trend for this game. Keep that in mind, but don't let the (probably realistic) possibility of it not being a part of the January Direct if it isn't convince you Gen 8 is not in the works, or that it's likely to be pushed for a release by the end of 2018.

Mother 3 has a realistic chance of being released next year I heard. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I've heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in, to not conflict with other releases or cannibalize sales. But they should have some open spaces next year from what I hear, so it's actually looking pretty good for Mother 3 next year.

I haven't heard anything specific about Fire Emblem 16 yet other than it might be out around Q2 to Q3, with a May release date even. Which is way sooner than I'd imagined for it. But just sharing that's what I heard.

I heard about a new Wario months ago, and the update about that that I heard is that it'll be on 3DS. Which is kind of disappointing, but I guess the handheld needs a bit of a first party sendoff.

Speaking of sendoffs, this is something I only recently heard something more about, and I still find it kind of out there and questionable, as I originally didn't hear anything nearly as specific until yesterday, but I heard a while back rumors of a Link's Awakening remake-ish game inspired by it (something kind of like how A Link Between Worlds was to A Link to the Past was how it was described to me). But that was the extent of it. The update on what I heard yesterday is that it would be for 3DS and "is supposed to be the most impressive Zelda on the 3DS yet." If it is indeed happening, then they're absolutely using that game as the 3DS sendoff game when it comes to first party Nintendo games.

GTAV having a Switch port release and likely around Q3 and highlighted in the Direct is something I heard. And I also heard Rockstar has something else planned for Switch outside of GTAV coming to it, which sounds like it may be a Red Dead Redemption remaster.

Killing Floor 2 is something I heard is coming to the Switch, but the release date up in the air and not something my contacts know as definitive just yet, but is most likely coming to it sometime in 2018.

Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch as I've said before. I'm not sure when exactly this will be announced.

An Injustice 2 port is in the works for the Switch.

I heard about Ace Attorney ports coming to Switch before Kotaku UK even posted about it (though I didn't share info about it since I was waiting for some more substantial info) with it most likely being a compilation or compilations (Kotaku UK said the same) and what they heard was Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Justice for All, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Trials and Tribulations. And the second a compilation of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Dual Destinies, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Spirit of Justice. They'd said both compilations are due out between April 2018 and October 2018. My source says the same. There's also a new Ace Attorney in the works as well for the Switch (exclusive to it) that should be out before the end of 2018 at earliest, early 2019 at the latest.

I heard about Wonder 101 on Switch, though am not sure if a port or a sequel, but it sounds like a port from what I've heard.

There are murmurings of NieR: Automata on Switch in regards to Nintendo really wanting it a port of it, but I'm not sure about how the console exclusivity is with Sony. If it was timed exclusive or what. If it was only a timed exclusive, then I can absolutely see it coming over eventually.

Dragon Quest XI should be appearing during the January Direct. It should be the first showing and information regarding the Switch version and the game's localization since they were supposed to share information back in the fall, but never did and still haven't in regard to its localization. So they should be doing a double-whammy and talking about and showing off the Switch version finally, and the game's localizaton, possibly release date. The Switch version launching in Japan might wind up dropping at the same time the game comes here in general here in the west.

As you've probably seen me say back when I first said it 4 months ago, Dragon Ball FighterZ coming to the Switch. I keep hearing it won't be out until Q3 or Q4 of 2018, too.

The Dark Souls Remaster is happening, but I never heard for sure if it's exclusive to Switch or not though.

Some things I've heard yesterday, but I'm still a little shaky on is next year's Call of Duty also coming to Switch and supporting HD rumble, Undertale coming to Switch and being announced in the January Direct, Fortnite coming to the Switch sooner rather than later if possible, and Hello Neighbour coming to Switch (and PS4) and tinyBuild porting a few other of their previous titles to Switch in 2018.

Also apparently Nintendo put up a listing for Star Fox Switch accidentally on their website for a brief moment. New title or just 0 port?

0 is hot trash so I hope it’s not a port.

Star Fox Zero is decent, not wonderful or anything but still decent enough. I can't see them porting it over though with the changes that have to be made to the controls, I doubt there is a new one in development either. Seems like it came from some random guy on Twitter?

I think every Wii U game has been guessed as a port at this stage. Broken clock is right twice and all that :P

I was going to say GTA V in Q3 is stupid, but to be honest, the game is a regular in the charts and hasn't gotten much cheaper since release, so it would probably sell well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:
    I was going to say GTA V in Q3 is stupid, but to be honest, the game is a regular in the charts and hasn't gotten much cheaper since release, so it would probably sell well

I imagine they might release it around the same time as RDR2 on other systems.
    I have zero interest in a Star Fox Zero port

Advertisement