Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Corholio wrote: »
    She also said this in between those 2 posts, in reply to whether it was good 3rd party content:

'It is.

Nintendo has done a really good job securing third party content for Switch. But don't expect to hear about all of it in a single Direct. There will be announcements throughout the year'

Yeah, I got the hidden meaning. Red Dead Redemption 2 has been cancelled for Xb1 and PS4, and its now a switch exclusive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Yeah, I got the hidden meaning. Red Dead Redemption 2 has been cancelled for Xb1 and PS4, and its now a switch exclusive!

And here's some exclusive in game footage!

0043.gif

In the first NoA tweet that started all the conspiracy theories, the "New Donk City Festival" billboard is partially obscured so all you can see is "NEW FE."
    Earlier today, NoA tweeted an image of Chibi-Robo on fire.
    Soon after that, Nintendo NY tweeted a Tomadachi Life render of a Mii wearing a hot dog outfit. Fire = hot.
    Edit: u/Baraklava pointed out that the UK Super Mario Twitter posted a screenshot of Mario in the Luncheon Kingdom dodging a Fire Bro's projectiles. (Thread) Cooking Mama Switch confirmed.
    The Switch Fire Emblem game was announced in a series Direct before Switch even launched, almost a year ago at this point. It's the only confirmed 2018 game we haven't seen or heard of yet. When a Direct inevitably happens this month (but not necessarily this week), Fire Emblem Switch will likely be revealed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7pi0gz/the_teases_from_nintendo_are_probably_about_fire/

I honestly never even thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's picked up so much that the Chibi Robo tweet got replies from MegaMan, Sonic, Doom, Assassin's Creed and Obsidian accounts all replied with fire/burning characters

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mass group suicide if no Pokemon or Animal Crossing for Switch I've got some hemlock from my hill walking recently I am willing to share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Various 3rd party companies replied to Nintendo's earlier Tweets, including Sonic, MegaMan and DOOM. All games on Switch. But then so did Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed.

Wouldn't it be a bit trollish to do this if the game has no chance of being on Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It's picked up so much that the Chibi Robo tweet got replies from MegaMan, Sonic, Doom, Assassin's Creed and Obsidian accounts all replied with fire/burning characters

Sounds all so coordinated so as not to be a coincidence, eh? Assassin's Creed on Switch then

It's not impossible Assassins Creed could make its way to switch. It's been on Wii U and DS before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Seen some priceless gifs and images in reaction to Nintendo’s earlier Tweets. Variants of this are my favourite.
    oeCUOLs.gif

Upk_Cw_Ks.gif

If this direct is gonna stealth drop out of nowhere, gotta be today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

It's not impossible Assassins Creed could make its way to switch. It's been on Wii U and DS before.
    Apparently the PS4 and XBoxOne are getting a HD remaster of Rogue (originally last-gen only) so maybe a Switch version of that?

According to multiple sources, both in development and retail, in the next few hours Nintendo will announce a Nintendo Direct Mini to air shortly afterwards showing 2018 software for Switch. As part of this Nintendo Direct, Dark Souls Remastered will be revealed, updating the original game to be playable portably for the first time. Our sources say this is the closing announcement of the direct.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/01/11/report-dark-souls-1-remastered-for-switch-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-being-announced-today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

With it being a non-advertised before Direct now it seems, expectations should definitely be tempered in proportion. I guess just the leak of the Direct happening was already a good bit ago so everyone was expecting a 1 or 2 day notice for a full Direct, instead of what seems may be this 'Mini' Direct. Should still be interesting though, any new releases or new info on known releases is good.

Apparently this direct is a lot of ports. I'm pretty down with that, getting Dark Souls on Switch is so exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I'm looking forward to seeing the knee jerk reactionary posts from all around the internet. Nintendo hype is something else, it just builds and builds and leads to inevitable disappointment for many. There's bound to be some outrageous NintenDOOMED posts about somewhere over the next couple of days if this direct is full of ports :)

For me, I would't mind seeing some Nintendo Gamecube/Wii remasters, Wii U ports and recent enough 3rd party ports along with Kirby, Yoshi and Fire Emblem for this year. Seems decent enough.

Keeping big games like Bayo 3, Smash, Metroid, Animal Crossing and Pokemon until next year is fine by me. 2017 put a dent in my wallet like no other year in gaming, so giving it a chance to recover is cool by me.

To be fair, who will be watching the Direct apart from us and those like us. So everyone who would be watching will see it when it goes live, with or without an announcement. It's not like it's something that has to be seen live.

Given its port heavy (apparently) I'm gonna with (15 minutes is short, but Nintendo don't waste their time in directs these days)

Yoshi Switch gameplay/title/release date
    Kirby Switch gameplay/title/release date
    Project Octopath gameplay/title/release date
    Dark Souls (Yay!)
    Wonderful 101 Port
    Mario Maker port.
    GTA V (bit of a long shot)

edit - I literally could not have been more wrong apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

The World Ends with You. Nice one, loved that on the DS.

See? No announcement yet still posted here within a minute of being released. :)

• Advertisement

The World Ends With You Final Remix for Switch!
    Kirby Star Allies on March 16th!
    Hyrule Warriors on Switch!
    Mario Tennis Aces on Switch!
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze on Switch!
    Dark Souls remaster on Switch on May 25th. (hooray)
    SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy Announced for Switch
    Fe and Celeste (Nindies)
    Ys VII (RPG?)
    New Mario Odyssey content!
    New Mario Rabbids character (Donkey Kong)
    Aegislash is being added to Pokken Tournament.
    Something boring about a Payday 2 character.

Thats only up to May mind, E3 is June obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

There was a game called Ys VII also

I have a suspicion Sligeach will be very unhappy about this direct.

Happy the greatness that is Tropical Freeze is getting re-born on Switch, it much deserves to. Hyrule Warriors with everything is a nice addition, and probably appeals more than the Fire Emblem one. The Mario Tennis game though, it looks actually quite good. The Story mode looks really cool, it could hopefully revive Mario sports games poor showing of recent years. The World Ends with You is a really nice addition, it's always been highly rated but perhaps a lot of people didn't get to play it. Dark Souls, now confirmed, will be a great title for the Switch I think, another sign of Nintendo to change shift in types of games it want's on their system.

Nice little Direct, will probably disappoint some perhaps as they still need to outline stuff like Online, VC etc, but I'm sure that will come soon. The great thing about Directs, and maybe this mini-Direct will become a thing, is that they can be dropped anytime.

Edit: Nintendo have confirmed that Dark Souls will have 'improved framerate and resolution' and will also include the Atorias of the Abyss DLC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Queue moaning nonsense in 3, 2, 1....

The Y's title showing up is a bit interesting as well. I didn't expect to see a Falcom title on Switch this year, considering what they have said in the past.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I live, and die quite a bit, for Dark Souls, this is going to be epic.
    It will also be my triple dip on the title!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ah. Right.

So, being an almost strictly Nintendo player, I now have no excuse for cowering away from that Dark Souls yoke. That's the one that's super good, but you get your ass kicked every five seconds, right?

Boooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Extra large foam Switch protectors have suddenly shot up in price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I live, and die quite a bit, for Dark Souls, this is going to be epic.
    It will also be my triple dip on the title!!

And I will probably end up buying the PC remaster as well, but hey, at 400 hours in, it doesn't owe me anything.

Advertisement