Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

We might be expecting something this week again. Not sure if its a full direct, a fire emblem direct, or a video of some sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Source for the rumoured Direct. I'd previously heard that something was happening this Thursday so we'll see soon enough.

Resetera Insider: smaller direct this Thursday, a big one in February.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7qjo14/resetera_insider_smaller_direct_this_thursday_a/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

As for the theme of the Direct this week, what I have about it is rather broad, which makes it hard for me to say what you should expect from it. I think it was something like 'games and accessories'? That's all I can really say about it from what I remember. And given the very short length of it, I just don't get the impression it'll be all that exciting.

Sounds like the 18th Direct will just be about new colour Joy-cons and other hardware extras released (werent some hinted at the start of the month?) and covering some smaller e-shop releases, prob a new vid of Bayonetta 1+2 and details on the Amiibo support and local play.

I assume they'll say something about online, or it'll be silly to have gone this long without any concrete details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Nintendo please facilitate a Fire Pro Wrestling release. Salt & Sanctuary too.

• Advertisement

Nintendo has announced that a trio of 3DS games will soon be joining the Nintendo Selects line. On February 3, Super Mario 3D Land and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Ultimate NES Remix will be sold for $19.99 each.

http://nintendoeverything.com/three-new-3ds-games-join-the-nintendo-selects-line-in-north-america-on-february-3/

Quashes the ALBW port rumours I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nintendo Is Announcing "A New Way To Play" Later Today

"For kids and those who are kids at heart"

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/nintendo_is_announcing_a_new_way_to_play_later_today

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is this the Dark Souls easy mode some requested?

Mr E wrote: »
    Nintendo Is Announcing "A New Way To Play" Later Today

"For kids and those who are kids at heart"

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/nintendo_is_announcing_a_new_way_to_play_later_today

Resident Evil 2 Remake confirmed :P

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Nintendo please facilitate a Fire Pro Wrestling release.

I'd love that! It would be perfect for the Switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

A new way to play for those who are young at heart, some sort of touch screen pen or a new controller? I hope its some sort of pleasent surpise anyway :)

A new way to play for those who are young at heart, some sort of touch screen pen or a new controller? I hope its some sort of pleasent surpise anyway :)

Unfortunately it said for kids who are kids at heart so that's tempered my expectations slightly. An accurate touch pen would be great along with an Art Academy release.

The Wii U version along with the community aspect of Miiverse was very enjoyable.

Been trying to work out what it might be. Wild guess, I think it could be an amiibo focused game. You scan in amiibo to gain certain abilities. The main character will be a new creation, a dog, more specifically, the Nintendo Switch dog brought to life. Maybe 2 of them, male and female. I'll post an image shortly.
    DTvt1ebX0AEzVGj?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Whatever the announcement is it sounds like it may not necessarily be aimed at 'our' demographic. Which is fine as expanding the user base will benefit all users in the long run and with the portability, singular joy-cons, IR camera and touch screen etc use it would be silly not to investigate new uses for it with all those available.

Will be interesting to see nonetheless though.

Ah lighten up a bit, its fun to speculate what the announcement could be, even if its a million miles away from what it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ah lighten up a bit, its fun to speculate what the announcement could be, even if its a million miles away from what it actually is.

Was this in response to my post?? The one above yours.

In reply to sligeachs, not yours cornholio.

What the Heck is the Nintendo Switch's New "Kids" Thing? - DISCUSSION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDLHQxj3w48
    In reply to sligeachs, not yours cornholio.

Excuse me, what was wrong with what I wrote?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sligeach wrote: »
    Been trying to work out what it might be. Wild guess, I think it could be an amiibo focused game. You scan in amiibo to gain certain abilities. The main character will be a new creation, a dog, more specifically, the Nintendo Switch dog brought to life. Maybe 2 of them, male and female. I'll post an image shortly.
    DTvt1ebX0AEzVGj?format=jpg

I know you're taking the piss but I'm genuinely giddy at the thought of this. Hope they're yoshiesque plushies!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

He put up a pair of drawings of dogs!
    But exactly a sackable offence hereabouts!

Banjo wrote: »
    I know you're taking the piss but I'm genuinely giddy at the thought of this. Hope they're yoshiesque plushies!

I genuinely wasn't. Nintendo haven't ever released a full scale game using amiibo, despite calls from some quarters to do so. If they are to do so, then this may be their last port of call before it sets sail forever.

And then there's the dogs, they're man's best friend, Nintendo don't really have a dog mascot, they've used several other animals. Plus the Switch dog meme is very popular. It's just a bit of fun wild speculation. And a play on Itchy and Scratchy.

Toys-to-life type gig seems the most probable alright. Scan the Amiibo, that character pops up and you can play a few basic mini-games with them. Like that Wii U launch game who's name escapes me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    I genuinely wasn't. Nintendo haven't ever released a full scale game using amiibo, despite calls from some quarters to do so. If they are to do so, then this may be their last port of call before it sets sail forever.

And then there's the dogs, they're man's best friend, Nintendo don't really have a dog mascot, they've used several other animals. Plus the Switch dog meme is very popular. It's just a bit of fun wild speculation. And a play on Itchy and Scratchy.

A Nintendogs game with Amiibo for different breeds seems likely in the not to distant future.
    Probably make a lot of money too, hopefully it would have the content to make it a worthy purchase.

Direct tomorrow! 10pm!

It's a bit worrying that Mario Tennis Aces has been singled out. Hopefully this Direct makes up for the poor one in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Why is that worrying?

Diablo 3 incoming.

• Advertisement

30 min direct! awesome

Advertisement