Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The mini Direct in January was very good for a mini Direct, had loads of new game reveals. Never quite sure what some expect from Directs, well no that's not true, I do know - far too much.

Looks like this one will be a mixed one with 3DS as well, rumours elsewhere say we'll get more information and a title for Fire Emblem as well. Diablo won't be announced I would say, sources seem to suggest it's a bit off being announced yet. Stuff like South Park Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole might be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well apart from Kirby (out next week isnt it), Mario Tennis, DK:TF and Dark Souls Rem there isnt many "big" Nintendo games announced for the next few months. So maybe them singling out Mario Tennis is more its gonna be some new announcements but MT gets extra info and release date. But thats just me trying to be optimistic....also a Hyrule Warriors release date would be nice.

Choo-choo y'all, one ticket to Hype-town!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I want a firm date for Hyrule Warriors and a Diablo 3 announcement. I am a simple man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

DXttrZHU8AAjvx1.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

My predictions:

Release date for Mario Tennis,
    Release date for Wolfenstein 2,
    Announce South Park game,
    Donkey Kong DLC will be made available for Mario+Rabbids,
    New Sonic kart game.

Think they'll save any Metroid trailers and pokemon stuff for E3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I would love to see a resurrection of F-Zero and Pilot Wings for the Switch. Hopefully most of the direct is not spent talking about stuff we already know such as Mario Tennis and Wolfenstein 2.

I would like to see some decent new third party announcements as well. Maybe Fallout 3 or 4 or something special like Vanquish for the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

A few leaks popping up here and there (mainly for Japan so far)
    Mario Tennis out June 22 in Japan, a few confirmed char and Joy-con motion control for that Wii Tennis nostalgia (grab those wrist straps)
    Pearl/Marina Amiibo out July 13
    New Dillons Rolling Western on 3DS late April

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I don't know why but I'm hoping for
    1. an apology for Mario Tennis on WiiU
    2. a Switch-exclusive sequel to PN03

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Banjo wrote: »

There should be an apology in general to Wii U owners.

• Advertisement

Kamiya is a great troll online so it's always hard to know how to take what he tweets or doesn't tweet but W101 on Switch would be fantastic. The one port I most want from Wii U library.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd like some thing from Capcom about Ace Attorney or a Monster Hunter XX port after World did so well in the west.
    I also like when they do that 'there demo on the eShop after our presentation' thing.
    Few nindies & release dates too.
    Won't be seeing Smash or anything of that ilk

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Banjo wrote: »
    2. a Switch-exclusive sequel to PN03

I completly forgot about PN03. I never quite knew why I kept going back to that game but was hooked on it for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I completly forgot about PN03. I never quite knew why I kept going back to that game but was hooked on it for ages.

av18DZ7.gif

Possibly? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, I loved it. Think it's just one of those games where you can really feel when you get into a 'flow'. "Rhythm Action" is how they labelled the gameplay, as far as I can recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I played PN03 a few years ago on a modded Wii. It hasn't aged well....

Loved it when it came out originally though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I never rated W101. It felt very button mashy that Platinum Games releases often suffer from.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    av18DZ7.gif

Possibly? :pac:

All coming back to me now. Love a empty grey corridor!

He subtlety hinted yesterday that the rumoured Luigis Mansion DLC for Odyssey may have some truth in it, although that wouldn't be substantial enough to advise indies not to announce games today. I honestly can't imagine anything too 'huge' being announced today but we'll see.

https://twitter.com/tomphillipsEG/status/971772999094472705?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

• Advertisement

Hype building...

It's possible he may have just meant today in general rather than the Direct as The Division 2 was announced earlier and Activision are rumoured to announce something today as well. Imagine COD being announced first in a Nintendo Direct though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I saw people saying Division 2 was announced and thought it was for switch since it's already out on other consoles. Was getting mixed up with Destiny 2

I see there is a Switch maintenance window tonight from 12:50am to 2:30am.

I wonder if that's related to any announcements tonight?

I expect a new Firmware update soon to fix the playtime bug.

Emily on Resetera has hinted Smash might show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Emily on Resetera has hinted Smash might show up.

I never got the hype for Smash. Why is it considered so good?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

The graphic for Kinda Funny Games daily video on YouTube was of Luigi's Mansion. Given the amount of connections those guys have, I'd be surprised if it doesn't translate to something in the Direct, either DLC or a standalone title

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If they "fix" the Joycon will a certain poster here explode in joy-joy feelings???

Links to the direct tonight? I'm hyped!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If they "fix" the Joycon will a certain poster here explode in joy-joy feelings???

I don't think that poster will ever explode with joy till Nintendo personally apologise to them for the perceived sins of the Wii U.

Advertisement