Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Still say this has a good chance of being real.

https://smashboards.com/threads/nintendo-direct-on-thursday.458093/#post-22373425

Sure, they may not know the finer detail but it's been fairly right so far. It all sounds sensible and very plausible. The narrative about Smash Bros Ultimate, Idk, but otherwise...ya. They'll probably leave in FF XV, even if it is just the mobile version and we already know about it, well because, it's Final Fantasy.

Yoshi has to be shown after that blunder leak. I still feel like Miiverse has to come back in some form. There'll be some surprise anyway regarding the online service. I doubt we'll see something major like Metroid Prime 4 tomorrow, or Pikmin 4, or Animal Crossing, anything 1st party. I'd say Nintendo want the attention on Smash and Pokemon. Bayonetta 3 is different because it's Platinum Games and they can't tell them what to do. Plus, Platinum Games will want to generate some buzz.

The Wonderful 101, I'm sure PG want another crack at a release. And if that goes well, maybe even Star Fox Zero further down the road. Miyamoto, is still smarting from that too. I hated that game, the controls were horrific, I bet they might add a bit, fix the controls and add in online multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What about Wario fart mania? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

keane2097 wrote: »
    What about Wario fart mania? :(

You'll have to do with this for now to satisfy your gaseous needs

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sligeach wrote: »

I'd love if it was, but no 3DS?
    Or maybe this is the Switch segment?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think a retooled Star Fox Zero with traditional controls would be a hoot, with some sort of arena multiplayer as Sligeach suggests.
    Could be a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think a retooled Star Fox Zero with traditional controls would be a hoot, with some sort of arena multiplayer as Sligeach suggests.
    Could be a lot of fun.

Maybe the much rumoured star fox racer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

magnumbud wrote: »
    Maybe the much rumoured star fox racer

I'm still hoping for a Splatoon racer tbh.... Maybe a Waverace/Mario kart cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Animal Crossing or at least something 'Animal' being hinted at on some online threads. A new mainline Animal Crossing game would be another big title for Nintendo, its sales are massive.

I think the NSMBU is the only unannounced rumour thats pretty much certain at this stage. A W101 port would be fantastic, that game deserves a better platform. The Starfox Racer thing is intriguing as to it's existence at this stage. Might be a new Zelda something announced at a wild guess, a 2D one perhaps, those seem to come out of nowhere when they've been announced. The Castlevania Collection rumours too seem to have something behind them. There's a few Ubisoft casual games leaked a few weeks back as well.

Possibly could be some surprise games/ports from Bethesda/Bandai/Square Enix/Capcom etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Corholio wrote:
    Animal Crossing or at least something 'Animal' being hinted at on some online threads. A new mainline Animal Crossing game would be another big title for Nintendo, its sales are massive.

I expect something like that to be teased with very little info like Metroid, Fire Emblem & Pokemon were long before being shown.
    I hope they do something different with the formula as the last few games have improved on their predecessor, doing little else.

• Advertisement

Nintendo have put up the link for watching tonights Direct.

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-13-2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I'd imagine:
    10 minutes on the online service, with few enough surprises, maybe some sort of pared down Universe.
    7 minutes 3DS games (Luigi's Mansion, maybe Fire Emblem and something else new)
    3 minutes Smash with one character reveal (E Gadd maybe or some other tie in with a new release)
    10 minutes Yoshi, Final Fantasy other stuff already announced
    5 minutes unannounced 3rd party stuff (maybe Bayonetta)

Maybe something about Dark Souls?
    I am hanging in there and not buying it for the other formats I own, even though it's cheaper on those.
    Dark Souls on the go please!

Read a rumour of someone who says that they're “confident something Call of Duty related will be in the Direct.”

https://gamingintel.com/call-of-duty/rumor-something-related-at-upcoming-nintendo-direct/

It can't be Blops 4 and the Blackout rumour has popped up before.

There are screenshots doing the rounds on Facebook for something called Animal Prison (based on the Animal Crossing franchise).
    They look like they are taken off-screen - I think they'd be hard to fake.

Ghosts and Blops2 both made it to the WiiU, nice to see the franchise make it back to Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Animal Prison you say; Tom Nook finally sees the inside of a jail cell hope he drops the soap.

Spoiler tag stuff please. Directs are only as good as their reveals

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mr E wrote: »
    There are screenshots doing the rounds on Facebook for something called Animal Prison (based on the Animal Crossing franchise).
    They look like they are taken off-screen - I think they'd be hard to fake.

That was something faked and put on Resetera as a joke. A Spanish Nintendo site even reported on it though.

Nintendo Direct - 13.09.2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VRZMmhKej0

Nintendo UK Youtube link.

• Advertisement

Luigi's mansion 3! Good start!

Rediculous game love to roll

This is excellent so far. :):)

Waiting for the online info comedown. :o

They revealed absolutely nothing about Nintendo Online in that video.

They must be saving the best for last. (fingers crossed)

Wow this is bloody great so far

Cities Skylines plus all DLC out tonight! Jesus....

Yoshi looks terrific, easily the highlight thus far.

Yeah yoshi looks fantastic!

• Advertisement

This definitely has to end with a bang. About 2 minutes left.

Advertisement