Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

GTA or blops

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Final Fantasy overload!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

No 8 for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Smash bundle leak was real.

Animal Crossing? :)

Edit: ah sh*t. :(

Edit 2: Yay!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Pretty sure this is the first time the original Katamari Damacy is getting a proper European release? (Original game was import only, we only properly got the sequel)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

that's some serious amount of stuff Square has lined up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pretty sure this is the first time the original Katamari Damacy is getting a proper European release? (Original game was import only, we only properly got the sequel)

I was only playing the original NTSC copy on my PSX the other day!
    Hooray for Katamari!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Anyone have a list, way too much to remember :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

That a was a great direct for the 1st party fans and final fantasy fans, I was longing for for some big ports like GTA or blops or maybe even tomb raider. Gutted but can't please everyone I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Katamari such a therapeutic game loved it on psp and ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Mr E wrote: »
    Animal Crossing? :)

Edit: ah sh*t. :(

Edit 2: Yay!

I was the same. Was sure the Isabelle part was AC Switch confirmation.....should have learned my lesson with the Amiibo Festival reveal trailer!

So we now have for 2019: Animal Crossing, Luigis Mansion 3, Fire Emblem: Three Swords, Pokemon RPG, Demon x Machina, that new Game Freak RPG, and the outside possibility of either Bayo 3 or Metroid Prime 4. Plus whatever else I am forgetting (possibility of another announcement at the VGA like Bayo 3 was last year).

Not a bad haul for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Meanwhile Japanese Direct announced Assassin's Creed Odyssey cloud version. So going the RE7 method

manual_man wrote: »
    that's some serious amount of stuff Square has lined up

Ya, that caught me by surprise with FF VII. I thought that was beyond Switch, are they going to scale it back in general from what we initially seen? Or maybe the Capcom route, with RE7 that popped in to my head? They're talking about these older games, meanwhile DQ XI has yet to prove it's more than vapourware. If FF VII is happening, then DQ XI is a cert.

Edit: I hate when I've to edit messages due to one straggler of a spelling mistake. Grr. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ShaneU wrote:
    No 8 for some reason?

I think 7 & 9 are ports from mobile.....they are on the PS4 too and look a bit off even for 20 year old games with little improvement graphically made.
    It's nice knowing there are Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion coming next year.
    Town looks a like side project they haven't quite found the hook for yet.
    Nintendo Online trying to sell 60 quid nes controllers even as a double pack is a total pisstake.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Meanwhile Japanese Direct announced Assassin's Creed Odyssey cloud version. So going the RE7 method

That makes me think that FF VII is going to arrive that way also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

sligeach wrote: »
    That makes me think that FF VII is going to arrive that way also.

Why? FF VII is two decades old... it’s not the remake they’re talking about.

Why? FF VII is two decades old... it’s not the remake they’re talking about.

Oh sorry, I thought they meant the remake.

The footage they showed of VII was from the original looking version. Maybe the remake is coming but sure no one knows when it's coming out on the other platforms

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

DnAmYOEUcAAJKfT.jpg:large

• Advertisement

I'm curious to see more about those NES style controllers. They must have the shoulder buttons, probably not though, for the rail, they looked awkward when stuck on the side of the Switch and don't have the Z buttons. Nintendo surely have plans for those fan made creations further down the line, like the Gamecube controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Very good Direct I thought. Was just game after game, would have had an even bigger impact without the delay as well. The FF games are a nice surprise, Animal Crossing and Luigis Mansion next year is great, Luigis Mansion especially personally.

One of the coolest, if not the biggest announcements was the Capcom Beat Em Up collection. That looks really great, especially as Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit have never appeared outside of the arcades before. Will be an essential purchase for me. Battle Circuit is one of the best games Capcom have ever made imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

lafors wrote: »
    Anyone have a list, way too much to remember :pac:

Answering myself.....
    Here's the list and times in the video in case anyone interested, taken from the official video notes on YouTube.

0:14 - Luigi’s Mansion 3
    0:52 - Shinya Takahashi Intro
    1:26 - Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn
    2:31 - Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr.’s Journey
    3:32 - Luigi’s Mansion
    4:37 - YO-KAI WATCH BLASTERS
    5:51 - Splatoon 2 Ver. 4
    7:46 - Mega Man 11
    8:43 - Mario Tennis Aces Ver. 2 Update
    9:47 - CAPCOM BEAT ‘EM UP BUNDLE
    10:46 - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
    11:48 - Katamari Damacy REROLL
    12:52 - Nintendo Switch Online
    16:27 - NES Controllers
    17:32 - Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!
    18:51 - Diablo III: Eternal Collection
    19:33 - Ganondorf Transmog + amiibo compatibility
    19:57 - Super Mario Party
    21:06 - Town (Working Title)
    21:53 - Cities: Skylines Nintendo Switch Edition
    22:52 - DAEMON X MACHINA
    24:06 - Yoshi’s Crafted World
    25:14 - Asmodee Digital
    25:28 - Carcassonne
    25:41 - The Lord of the Rings: Living Card Game
    25:53 - Pandemic
    26:14 - Catan Universe, Munchkin
    26:26 - Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
    27:31 - Starlink: Battle for Atlas
    28:39 - The World Ends With You: Final Remix
    29:00 - Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country
    29:37 - Coming to Nintendo Switch in 2018: Warframe, Just Dance 2019, FIFA 19, Team Sonic Racing, NBA 2K19, NBA 2k Playgrounds 2, LEGO DC Super-Villiains
    30:43 - FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition
    31:26 - Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
    31:45 - World of Final Fantasy Maxima
    32:10 - Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!
    32:34 - Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
    33:03 - Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X | Final Fantasy X2 HD Remaster
    33:31 - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Bundle
    34:58 - Isabelle introduction cinematic
    36:53 - Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch

You have to order them from the online store and 1 order per membership. Watching ign's NVC and they're talking about them

And someone using the word NESFlix

FYI Cities Skylines is €39.99.

Happy at Luigi's Mansion 3. Dark Moon was the first one I played. Then later played the first

Will keep retro fans happy. Seeing that SP, i wonder if it replaces the other version.

Someone just pointed out that the Splatoon trailer may be for a battle royale mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Between the King K.Rool/Dedede tease and the Isabelle Smash/Animal Crossing Switch one, Nintendo have really played with fans emotions :P.

The Game Awards in December should be the next Nintendo announcements I would say, I think perhaps we'll see Bayonetta 3 at that. The January Direct after that should be something else as well with a packed looking 2019 already in motion.

The Capcom Beat 'em Up collection seems to be $19.99/€19.99 as well which is a great price.

Advertisement