Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was going to say the TGAs only showed the Bayo 3 trailer a few months ago, looked it up and now wondering where that year has gone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It all looks great, though the rerelease of Kirby's Epic Yarn for 3DS and the two Luigi's Mansion games have me most excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Rumor: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct Taking Place In Early November

https://nintendosoup.com/rumor-super-smash-bros-ultimate-direct-taking-place-in-early-november/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

sligeach wrote: »

https://nintendosoup.com/rumor-super-smash-bros-ultimate-direct-taking-place-in-early-november/

Jesus Christ.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My whelm has never been so undered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Great. I don't know enough about this game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The world will be playing Red Dead 2 and Nintendo will be there prattling on about Smash for the 20th time....

Well it's to be expected since it is their next big game.
    I for one look forward to hearing about the angle at which Marth makes contact with his sword

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Jesus Christ.

Who knows, maybe if the blasphemy law is repealed on Friday, he might make it in officially. ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wWVR53teX-k

Who knows, maybe if the blasphemy law is repealed on Friday, he might make it in officially. ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wWVR53teX-k

That would be a reason to purchase for me, especially if they include the entire pantheon of the semetic gods and prophets.

Jonah vs Abraham on a stage based on Jonah's home whale stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭geotrig

he's busy at the moment defeating the other gods !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Looking forward to them detailing the mode they have kept under wraps so far, the supposed 'Spirits' mode. The latest 'leak', that I personally think is fake, and the subsequent chatter about it shows there's huge appetite for the game and for info about it. I don't know why people get annoyed at a Direct for it, there wouldn't be a Direct in it's place or anything anyway or why someone not interested in Smash would watch this standalone Direct anyway to be annoyed about it.

I don't think there will be many new characters left to announce. Banjo would be a nice surprise if they had managed to get cooperation from Microsoft. Because the lineup is 99% finalised way back, supposedly 2016, it's unlikely one of the recent Switch partnerships like with Bethesda etc would result in a character. I would expect to hear something about it quite soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Corholio wrote:
    partnerships like with Bethesda etc

Dovakim would be a great addition, or purchasing upgrades from khajitt* :D

*or not...

What have all the 3rd party characters in Smash Bros. got in common? I was going to answer it now, but I'll let people guess for a while first. It's not a difficult or a trick question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

What have all the 3rd party characters in Smash Bros. got in common? I was going to answer it now, but I'll let people guess for a while first. It's not a difficult or a trick question.

They all have that one lifelong dream of becoming the ultimate fighting champion?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You dislike them all because they have no right to be in a Smash game like you told us about Solid Snake :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

sligeach wrote:

Troubled childhoods?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

They're not waluigi?????

All the 3rd party characters in Smash Bros. are from Japanese companies. Sega, Konami, Square Enix, Platinum Games, Capcom and Bandai Namco.
    • Sonic
    • Snake
    • Cloud
    • Bayonetta
    • Simon
    • Richter
    • Ryu
    • Pac-Man
    • Mega Man

If any Western 3rd party deserves some representation, it's Ubisoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

All the 3rd party characters in Smash Bros. are from Japanese companies. Sega, Konami, Square Enix, Platinum Games, Capcom and Bandai Namco.
    • Sonic
    • Snake
    • Cloud
    • Bayonetta
    • Simon
    • Richter
    • Ryu
    • Pac-Man
    • Mega Man

If any Western 3rd party deserves some representation, it's Ubisoft.

Rayman and ezio would fit nicely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Would get really annoying every time you pushed Ezio off the edge and you had to watch an animation of him swan-diving 300 feet into a bale of hay and then inexplicably turning up back on the stage stabbing you in the gullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭mario54324

Rumour also had it there's a regular Direct soon afterwards too.

Which may include details about an animated series

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1057088223359320064

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Interesting. I'm about halfway through the second season of Castlevania, which is quite good, but story was never a strong part of Castlevania when I played them, so it's easy to take liberties - Zelda is a completely different kettle of fish.

Though reading it again, it doesn't mention Zelda or animation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭mario54324

Fingers crossed the Grinch/Chadondorf leak is real.

Although not a Smash player, I will watch the direct just because I enjoy the New Fighter reveals

I'm hoping for... Ah, who am I fooling, I've as much interest in SSBU as I do in carpet tacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I can’t wait for SSBU to come out... just so I can look forward to Directs that aren’t about SSBU. :pac:

Advertisement