Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Slay the Spire and Spelunky please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,642 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

5nKu.gif

Ugh! That is so unfair! ;) So disappointing, I hope they're getting this out of the way so that they can announce a proper Direct in the coming days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Gimme that Goose Game!

Maybe they'll announce a full Direct at the end of the Indie Showcase focusing on First party and AAA Third Party for Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

ERG89 wrote: »
    Just date
    is that tinder with motion controls?

Looking at the dates of Directs in 2018.

8th March - Nintendo Direct
    20th March - Nindies Direct

8th August - Nintendo Direct
    28th August - Nindies Direct

Maybe they're doing it in reverse this year.

23rd January - Nindies Direct
    8th February - Nintendo Direct???

Or possibly 4 days either side of that date.

• Advertisement

Reminder that the Nindies Direct is starting now.

Indie Highlights - 23.01.2019 (Nintendo Switch)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=B8eRT4HVT1U

Wargroove out next week (1st).

OK. Goat Simulator: The Goaty wins this Nindies presentation hands down. Are you kidding? That was absolutely hilarious. So many WTF moments.

Otherwise, meh.

There might be some good games there but nothing jumped out at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Cross Code, Double Kick Heroes and Unruly Heroes looked pretty good.

I'm a bit disappointed Image and Form's new game is a Steamworld RPG though, definitely wanted something along the lines of what they were doing. Great artstyle, but not everything has to be an RPG.

• Advertisement

We finally see what Image & Form have been working on, SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech. Coming out this year.

- Goat Simulator: The GOATY
    - Inmost
    - Unruly Heroes
    - CrossCode
    - SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech

They all looked decent, some more so than others. There wasn't a whole lot in it though really, 9 games in total were shown.

I've been reading more about CrossCode, it looks really good, it's the first major title from RadicalFish. I think Deck13 Spotlight are acting as publisher. I was reading that this is an arm of Deck13 Interactive and that they develop games too. They're both in Germany. You can read a bit more information about the game here:

https://www.deck13.com/company/press/crosscode/

I hope they do well and the reviews are really good, 85% on Metacritic, 9/10 on Steam. And the Switch version is getting extras so it should be even better. It reminds me of Secret of Mana, it should be priced at £15, given that's what it is on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    OK. Goat Simulator: The Goaty wins this Nindies presentation hands down. Are you kidding? That was absolutely hilarious. So many WTF moments.

It's a fun enough game for a distraction, but nearly 30 quid? I think I paid about 2 quid and felt a bit cheated with the amount of time it actually held my interest. That said, my son loved messing around on it. At half the price, I'll get it for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

That Cross Code game looks like they robbed the graphics straight from Secret of Mana/Chrono Trigger

manual_man wrote: »
    That Cross Code game looks like they robbed the graphics straight from Secret of Mana/Chrono Trigger

Which is a great thing. You can't beat nostalgia. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I've been reading more about CrossCode, it looks really good...

The guys on Kotaku have been raving about this. They think it'll be one of the indie GOTYs and that it'll attract huge success when it hits the Switch (akin to Hallow Knight). Based on twitter posts from the developer, it wasn't expected to arrive this year. Going to hold out for the Switch release... unless it gets a big Steam discount. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems there was a joke in that video about CrossCode. The devs were asked when it would come to Switch and the reply was "when hedgehags fly", which seemed to say it wouldn't happen. So now they had flying hedgehags in this.

And now I'm wondering if I already read that here

I feel that there's going to be a Direct soon, maybe tomorrow. I read on a Reddit page yesterday that this is now the longest period ever between Directs. Something like ~150 days.

RUMOR - NINTENDO DIRECT SET FOR FEB. 13TH, 2019

https://gonintendo.com/stories/328356-rumor-nintendo-direct-set-for-feb-13th-2019

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-speculation-ot-good-things-come-to-those-who-wait.98257/page-24#post-17704098

Switch games possibly to be shown:
    • Pikmin 3
    • Super Mario Maker 2
    • BoxBoy
    • Pokemon
    • 2D Zelda
    • Metroid Prime Trilogy

Nintendo must have caught wind of my post and just out of spite, decided to move it out by one day of my margin. ;)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109219581&postcount=1146

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If there is a 2D Zelda on the Switch, it will be the first since 4 Swords Adventures on the Cube or first single player since SNES.
    Hope it's not a multiplayer one.

A switch port of A Link Between Worlds has been rumoured before.

It's a great game but I'd prefer something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

4 swords adventures 2 would be a good move for the switch. Multiplayer on the go 4 player with a joycon each. I remember liking the original it on the GameCube though I did play it all on my own

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Id buy a switch for mario maker 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Id buy a switch for mario maker 2

Now with slopes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Now with slopes!

It's all downhill from there.

If this rumoured Direct is happening tomorrow, we should expect an announcement today. I could see them having it on St. Valentines Day instead. Anyone want to make predictions of new games shown? I could see a HD remaster of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door Revarnished. They could use the Colour Splash engine. That would be a game more likely to be revealed at E3 though. Colour Splash itself may get a Switch port too, it would make more sense to do that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If this rumoured Direct is happening tomorrow, we should expect an announcement today. I could see them having it on St. Valentines Day instead. Anyone want to make predictions of new games shown? I could see a HD remaster of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door Revarnished. They could use the Colour Splash engine. That would be a game more likely to be revealed at E3 though. Colour Splash itself may get a Switch port too, it would make more sense to do that first.

I think, with the delay of Metroid Prime 4, we'll definitely see something on the Prime Trilogy to keep the masses happy.

Truthfully, I'd love to see some 3DS ports (at reasonable prices) for the likes of Zelda, Metroid etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is an "... and it's available right after this presentation" for Metroid Prime Trilogy (with the promise of retail in the next month or two).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is an "... and it's available right after this presentation" for Metroid Prime Trilogy (with the promise of retail in the next month or two).

Question for me is, can I wait?
    I have it on physical for my Wii and downloaded for the WiiU, not to mention the whole series as separate purchases for the GC and Wii... probably need it as a physical copy...

Advertisement