Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Banjo in smash. I bet that's the last item.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Sparko

Hahaha the fakeout and then actually them, loved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

More Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Oh sweet Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

. Guess I need to buy a switch again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice teaser. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

New Zelda in the works, wow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

God dammit! Nice to know it's in development but thought we were getting something playable today or soon. Great trailer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Oh, they nailed the ending, but I'd suspect it's at least 12 months away.

Just when I thought I was slightly underwhelmed, they got me, they bloody got me.

• Advertisement

That was a great way to end what I thought was a disappointing Direct. Not bad, but certainly not great either. Most of it we knew, heavily rumoured or old ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

HOLY CRAP Called it BoTW updates... I thought it be DLC but it's a new game that's me happy knowing Switch is getting follow up the it's best game. Fecking hell...

Zelda for the win...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Didn’t expect that Zelda announcement, I haven’t even started BotW yet despite owning it for nearly a year. Need to rectify that very quickly!

How far away is this new Zelda? We all know about the delays they generally go through. They're using the same engine and same world it appears, so that'll speed things up considerably. Easily the best announcement of the Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Hnnnnng BOTW2!

Not a current switch owner, but that news makes picking one up eventually inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The sequel to Breath of the Wild is in the works

QNDFjuF.jpg

I dont have enough sweating reaction images for this news!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

sligeach wrote: »
    How far away is this new Zelda? They're using the same engine and same world it appears, so that'll speed things up considerably.

Christmas 2020 would be my immediate guess.

Christmas 2020 would be my immediate guess.

Maybe, and there is a good bit of design done if they have that trailer so basic concept and some modelling is done.

But, still have Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 MIA this year, maybe gonna be filling next year.

Luigi's Mansion 3 interests me, and the co-op mode. I will keep an eye on Links Awakening. Pokemon might interest me so I'll keep an eye on that also. Animal Crossing never really grabbed me so that did nothing for me. I guess I should have known BOTW sequel was in the works but delighted for confirmation and great teaser. Fully thought it was DLC to begin with so the sequel text threw me. Definitely looking forward to hearing and seeing more.

Curious to see how Witcher 3 plays and fair play to them if it's a good port. I've already sunk massive hours into that so I won't be double dipping but good to see it from a technical point of view and to get the game to as broad an audience as possible.

Hnnnnng BOTW2!

Not a current switch owner, but that news makes picking one up eventually inevitable.

I wouldn't rule out it releasing on the Switch 2 or whatever the successor is. At least a simultaneous launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sligeach wrote:
    How far away is this new Zelda? They're using the same engine and same world it appears, so that'll speed things up considerably.

18 months away (maybe longer if they want to put it on the next Nintendo system like they did with BOTW & Twilight Princess); personally think it's a bit too early to show it as people will be asking for updates the next year & it eclipsed everything else on the stream.
    It's like them saying a new 3D Mario is being worked on; it's more obviously than it is a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Really good Direct. Game after game, gameplay after gameplay as well. Rumoured great games don't make the inclusion of such games any less great. The Witcher, Mana, No More Heroes 3, Banjo in Smash, Panzer Dragoon(!), Alien Isolation were all good to great announcements. That Dark Crystal Tactics game could be good too. Looking forward to Daemon x Machina as well.

No SMTV news in a while, hope it's not hit any problems. Bayonetta news will come later in the year I think. Astral Chain continues to look great too. Would usually be excited about a new Contra game but it looked pretty rough, even if gameplay looked fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,117 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Another game that’s release was spoiled. Witcher 3, another old game with a full price tag no doubt.

The Witcher 3 is one of the very best games ever made and is great value at €60. If this version includes all DLC as well it's a bargain.

CD Projekt Red do offer the game on sale fairly regularly on other platforms so can't see why it's be any different here either if you don't want to pay full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Really enjoyed the Direct. Apart form games I've no interest in like Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Pokémon. But the didn't spend too long on any 1 game. Maybe they decided last year's Smash was a bit much.
    From the games I saw, 2 Zeldas, Luigi, No More Heroes 3, Astral Chain and Ultimate Alliance 3 interest me.
    I'll keep an eye on Dark Crystal, being a fan of the movie and looking forward to the new series.

Wonder if it's a direct Zelda sequel or are we looking at a Zelda Gaiden, like Majora

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Watch, replay and repeat... Heres to hoping for holiday 2020 release or March 2021.

If any game is worth the hype it's this. Switches power over Wii U might see it even better than the original games development. And that's not taking into consideration Switch 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

kevin2me wrote: »

Watch, replay and repeat... Heres to hoping for holiday 2020 release or March 2021.

If any game is worth the hype it's this. Switches power over Wii U might see it even better than the original games development. And that's not taking into consideration Switch 2.0.

Can't wait to see Gamexplain's 1 hour analysis video about the trailer :P

Thats probably going to be the most poured over 1:22 of footage from the whole of E3.

Nintendo have set up a Luigi’s Mansion themed booth at this year's E3. It looks good from the bits I've seen.

Animal Crossing: Fyre Festival version on Treehouse now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

BOTW2 looks interesting, looks like we are gonna get a humanoid gannondorf after the yolk we got in botw. Also hope hes gonna have a kick ass voice actor.

Advertisement