Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Few small notes coming out of the Direct.

- Sabre Interactive are porting The Witcher.
    - Super Lucky's Tale is actually a 'reimagining' and not the original game.
    - No More Heroes is a 'Switch exclusive' according to Grasshopper.
    - Retro's game is dead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Europe Special edition and amiibo. Must have. That Steelbook!

links.jpg

linkamiibo.original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus holy jesus christ

Just out of work

Breath of the wild 2? Is this really real?

Is this really happening? Literally the number 1 thing I want in the world of gaming, that I didn't dare dream would happen for ages??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone know how much the Mana collection is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Works out at about €32 on the Norwegian store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€39.99. :eek:

€13.33 a game (if you want to look at it that way).

Ooooof. That's a lot.

Jesus, I think even at €30 I would have bitten straight away but €40 is a hell of a lost for three decade old games, even if one has been recently translated.

Think I might wait for a sale now. Shame that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Having never played any of them, I'm hyped like a hypochondriac about The Switcher 3. Between that and the D&D games I think that's me sorted till 2030

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Where and when can I get that collector's edition?

I thought it was interesting that Takahashi made it a point to say that they were working on quite a few other games besides the ones shown at E3. Usually anything at E3 is in it's own bubble but it just shows now that announcements, Directs of equal or more importance can be made anytime and not only at E3 anymore. Saying that it's good to see that Nintendo still treats E3 with importance. I would hate for it to be discarded too quick.

Oh and this is great!

https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1138511771394641920

• Advertisement

Astral Chain on Treehouse now. Very first level is a motorbike chase through a tunnel and also aimed shooting segments. Very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Corholio wrote: »
    Astral Chain on Treehouse now. Very first level is a motorbike chase through a tunnel and also aimed shooting segments. Very cool.

It does look fairly swank. Like cyber-Bayonetta with some detective elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

chrislad wrote: »
    Oh, they nailed the ending, but I'd suspect it's at least 12 months away.

i'd guess around 30 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Really looking forward to link's awakening,gooigi and Astral Chain.

Also liked the look of no more heroes 3 and botw 2 but they're probably a long way off.

Every direct I convince myself that this will be the one where Nintendo announces some sort of traditional virtual console. As the rest move towards making games available in new ways via streaming and game passes Nintendo won't even sell them normally :( I just want eternal darkness and some other gamecube games.

On a more negative note, where was SMTV ? Wasn't it announced at one of the reveal events for the switch along with the no more heroes spin off that came out in January ? I'd have expected it to be out by now but I haven't even seen a release date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

BOTW2 looks interesting, looks like we are gonna get a humanoid gannondorf after the yolk we got in botw. Also hope hes gonna have a kick ass voice actor.

I saw it, thought "Zombies in Hyrule!" and then thought the best name for the game was Legend of Zelda: Death of the Wild...

I'm sorry... I was elated at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Really enjoyed the Direct overall. Seems like there will be a nice steady stream of games coming out over the next few months. And big ones at that.
    Most excited for Witcher 3 and Luigis Mansion. Expensive few months ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Really enjoyable Direct. Will be definitely picking up Link's Awakening and I'm about 95% sure I'll get Astral Chain and Luigi's Mansion 3.

Finding the time to play any of them is becoming an issue though (although I'll magically find 100+ hours when BOTW2 comes out!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

While I am delighted BOTW2 is being worked on - is that not expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

naughtb4 wrote: »
    While I am delighted BOTW2 is being worked on - is that not expected?

Outside of handhelds, the only platform to ever get a second Zelda was the N64 and that was only an expansion. So to me it was surprising, although given the success of the Switch and BOTW i was expecting an expansion of sorts.

So an entire sequel is extra kickass and surprising :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

nix wrote: »
    Outside of handhelds, the only platform to ever get a second Zelda was the N64 and that was only an expansion. So to me it was surprising, although given the success of the Switch and BOTW i was expecting an expansion of sorts.

So an entire sequel is extra kickass and surprising :)

We still dont know it is going to be on the Switch though :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

naughtb4 wrote: »
    We still dont know it is going to be on the Switch though :eek:

There was the Switch logo (+ click sound) at the start of the trailer, so that's the current target platform. Of course, time will tell. If they do a Majora's Mask on it, could have it within a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Or they could get our hopes up like in this tech demo from 2000.... and then give us Windwaker 18 months later.....

Grassey wrote: »
    Or they could get our hopes up like in this tech demo from 2000.... and then give us Windwaker 18 months later.....

Yeah, get your hopes up and then utterly surpass them with something 100 times better than the demo they show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

nix wrote:

That's kinda ignoring Twilight Princess exists. It's either the 2nd GameCube Zelda game or the first of 2 Wii Zelda's games.
    Seeing Zelda there with Link makes me wonder will they aim for a co-op component.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just realised that there was no SNES announcement.

I just had a Ralph Wiggum moment.

tenor.gif?itemid=3519009

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

ERG89 wrote: »
    That's kinda ignoring Twilight Princess exists. It's either the 2nd GameCube Zelda game or the first of 2 Wii Zelda's games.
    Seeing Zelda there with Link makes me wonder will they aim for a co-op component.

Well it gets messy alright due to Nintendo abandoning consoles early, back in the day Twilight princess was being developed for the Cube, but they went and made the Wii so it got a dual release. Similar to them abandoning the WiiU for the switch and BOTW getting a dual console release..

I am forgetting Windwaker though (How dare I) so yeah i guess Twilight princess was the first console double apart from BOTW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No Metroid Prime Trilogy HD either. Maybe I need to play it again to get a remaster. Worked for Majora and Ghostbusters. Though not sure if I need to play 1 or all of them

Astral Chain on the Treehouse looked so good. 5 different legions with what seemed like 100's of different attacks possible. Showed off 2 unreal boss fights. It definitely looks like a game to play to learn as you go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Corholio wrote: »
    Astral Chain on the Treehouse looked so good. 5 different legions with what seemed like 100's of different attacks possible. Showed off 2 unreal boss fights. It definitely looks like a game to play to learn as you go along.

Yeah really liked the look of it. Lots of potential there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mr E wrote: »
    I just realised that there was no SNES announcement.

Always likely that they will have a Direct dedicated just to this

Advertisement