Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I saw rumours of a new Xbox port being announced during this presentation on Monday. Fingers crossed for the fantastic Ori.

Another indie from my pc library that I'd love to see is Spelunky.

2 more games are shadow dropping on Monday, one of which looks to be the excellent Superhot. :)

Release dates for others, including one I'm looking forward to - Creature in the Well.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1162750378842251265

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1162801597329694720

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr E wrote: »
    2 more games are shadow dropping on Monday, one of which looks to be the excellent Superhot. :)

Release dates for others, including one I'm looking forward to - Creature in the Well

Haven't played Superhot, but Superhot VR is amazing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    Haven't played Superhot, but Superhot VR is amazing.

That's probably what the other "Hot" release is, Superhot VR for the Labo.

• Advertisement

Reminder - starts in 4 minutes (2pm)

Risk of Rain 2 - Summer 2019
    Eastward - 2020
    Freedom Finger - Fall 2019
    Röki - Winter
    Torchlight II - September 3rd
    Skater XL - 2020
    Youropa - Winter
    Superhot - Today
    Dungeon Defenders: Awakened - February 2020
    The Touryst - November 2019
    Skellboy - December 3rd
    Earthnight - 2019
    Hotline Miami Collection (!!!) - today!

Sizzle Reel:
    Blasphemous - September 26th
    Close to the Sun - 2019
    Cat Quest 2 - Fall 2019
    Spiritfarer - Spring 2020
    Trine 4 - October 8th
    Creature in the Well - Sep 6th
    One Finger Death Punch 2 - December 2nd
    Best Friend Forever - Feb 14th 2020
    PHOGS! - Early 2020
    What The Golf? - Winter 2019
    KINE - 2019
    HYPERCHARGE Unboxed - Winter 2019
    Northgard - September 26th
    Sparklite - Fall 2019
    Munchkin: Quacked Quest - Fall 2019

One last thing....
    Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition - September 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Crap, thought this was 4pm.

Wow, Eastward looks beautiful.

Hoping for a Kentuky Route Zero date here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not familiar with a lot of them. Was the Microsoft one announced?

• Advertisement

Risk of Rain 2 - Summer 2019
    Eastward - 2020
    Freedom Finger - Fall 2019
    Röki - Winter
    Torchlight II - September 3rd
    Skater XL - 2020
    Youropa - Winter
    Superhot - Today
    Dungeon Defenders: Awakened - February 2020
    The Touryst - November 2019
    Skellboy - December 3rd
    Earthnight - 2019
    Hotline Miami Collection (!!!) - today!

QONVIyz.gif

That's it. I'll fill in the sizzle reel dates later. Better go back to work. :)

Edit: All dates added. See a few posts back.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,294 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ori is a great game if you haven't played it on xbox or pc before now. Will play great in handheld I reckon, though at the same time it's such a gorgeous looking game it would be a shame not to play it on a big screen.

You just had to make me look stupid, asking about the MS game. :pac:

Ori will be 60 FPS handheld and docked according to Moon Game Studios. This game is going to be gorgeous on Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ori will be 60 FPS handheld and docked according to Moon Game Studios. This game is going to be gorgeous on Switch.

One of my favorite games of this gen. Great gameplay, good story, lovely graphics and a super soundtrack.

€24.99 for Hotline Miami. It's another 'wait for a sale' for me, seeing as I already own it on a couple of other systems.

It's for both games no? Seems reasonable enough. The bundle on Steam is 28euros

Yeah I don't think it's an unfair price, but I already have it on Vita/PS4 and PC and if I'm going to get it again, it's going to be because it's too cheap not too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Happy to see Blasphemous getting a simultaneous release, the Switch is in need of more of these announcements and not more years old games that have appeared on multiple platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's for both games no? Seems reasonable enough. The bundle on Steam is 28euros

It’s not, but it’s constantly on sale. I’ve bought in on pc and playstation. I’ll put my money into Superhot and Ori this time around and wait on HM for a 50% off minimum sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Liked the look of Eastward & the Touryst everything else that was interesting I have already. Even Hotline Miami I have on multiple systems as they are dirt cheap in sales but it plays best on PC.
    Skater XL could be good but it's still in early access so I'm tempering my expectations there

A lot of rumours about a Direct happening this week. Week 2 is Tokyo Games Show and week 3 is Switch Lite and Zelda week. Week 4 is too late.

Makes sense I think. :o

I'm still just hoping for a Crosscode or Kentuky Route Zero release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,628 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

A Direct will be happening soon, I'm fairly sure. I'll have to come back because I've forgotten my predictions. There is one. Super Mario Sunshine HD, handled by an external studio, like a few other updates. Nintendo dropped a hint recently, it won't be out though until around next Summer, again my guess, but it might also be a bit early to announce in this particular Direct. Anyway, I'm saying it's happening at some point. And they're not done with Wii U ports either. They're sorted for the rest of the year, so they can sit on them for a while. Pikmin 4, where art thou?

As has been said before, I expect SNES games to be added to Switch Online with the first annual subs coming to an end.
    If they do it tiered, maybe they'll have a period where people can renew their subs at lower tier price for the higher tiers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1168886502044176384?s=20

Confirmed for tomorrow. Focused on 2019 games "including Pokemon SwordShield and Luigis Mansion 3".

40 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Should be interesting at 40 min long. Not a whole lot of leaks recently to fit them in there. The Assassins Creed Black Flag and Rogue leak is only one I can think of. The SNK Smash possible too.

I'm giving Retro one more chance :P

• Advertisement

20 mins explaining how Banjo & Kazooie work in Smash

Advertisement