Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Delighted to hear xeno blade chronicles is coming to switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Nearly 12 I'm hoping I get a blast at the SNES. Can't wait to get the controllers they are the shiit:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

It's live yay. Access from the news feed for now. Not in the switch online section of the e store.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,005 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Time to play through Super Metroid and ALTTP again for the bazillionth time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Divinity Original Sin 2 with Steam cross saves is excellent news. It's a fantastic game.

Saw earlier that there is a physical version incoming too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Hopefully some surprises

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ohhhh CrossCode and Kentucky Route Zero stealth releases please.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That and State of Play on the same day. Strange. And a couple days before The Game Awards

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Direct started off really well with Sports Story, a sequel to Golf Story. And Streets of Rage 4. The games so far after that have been.....meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sports Story, The Survivalists, Axiom Verge 2.

Two sequels to two of the best indie games in the last few years. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    The Direct started off really well with Sports Story, a sequel to Golf Story.

Great news. Loved Golf Story :)

I switched it off as I found it boring. Axiom Verge 2 has regained my attention. I loved that game, absolutely brilliant. Own it on Wii U and the Switch Multiverse Edition. I hope that the sequel has at least SNES like graphics. I'll watch the rest of the presentation later.

Can I get a big ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ from the group? :o

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1214547234609664000

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They have their Switch game and mobile games. What more do they want?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

Unless it's a patch to make the game actually enjoyable, then bleh. Just cut your losses with it. It's made its money back, and it will make more based on it being the only mainline Pokemon game, but I don't think even putting back the original 'Dex could actually make the game fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Dl3If_vX4Akwo2G.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

I would have thought Pokémon would have died out years ago. Seems not. Also it's the biggest media franchise of all time if you believe this ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Pokémon Direct - 09.01.2020

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9ytycLp6j6E

It starts in about a minute or so, I'm sure most here are dying to watch it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jaysus, this is almost enough to make you miss all those Smash Directs. Almost.

• Advertisement

I should have said it, but I expected an Expansion Pass broken up into 2 sections and that it would cost €30. Gotta Milk 'Em All!

Edit: lol And it's €30 for each version. Ugh!

Pokesheep will pay it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You'll need Nintendo online and probably pokemon home subs too to fully utilize both expansion this ain't gonna be cheap, think I'll go for a family sub and see if I can find a few hermanos to share

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Feckin pokemons, i though ninty was due a big direct for the year comin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Nintendo are in danger of killing the goose that laid the golden eggs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Pokemon that weren't in the main game make more sense now. It's kinda like when Arkham Origins was released & instead of fixing the game's continuous problems they just ignore it to released the DLC instead. 2 new areas that'll be as filled with content as the wild area was in the main game, ie boring outside of wandering pokemon that only appear around 10 feet in front of the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'm all for Game Freak jumping on the DLC expansion train to sidestep the usual craic around a omnibus/3rd version, but yeah, Sword and Shield is the worst place to start from a PR point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Scary part it only seems to be 200 pokemon introduced with both expansion packs that leaves loads out. Pokemon Sword/Shield Christmas extravaganza coming to gouge you this holiday season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I've kinda resigned myself to the skeezy feeling that we'll end up with a full dex eventually- you just gotta buy Gen IV remakes and SwSh expansions. Hell, throw in Let's Go sequels just for the trolls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Advertisement