Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

pasta-solo wrote: »

Not another bloody Smash direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Not another bloody Smash direct.

35 looong minutes of it! Hey, maybe the following week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Zzzzzzzzzzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Surely this is the last fighter reveal? With the date of it, could be tms#fe character. But anyway surely the last one left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

At least it's 10 minutes shorter than the Terry SSBU Direct. That was advertised as 45 minutes but ended up being 49 minutes. It was a total snorefest, I watched it, I was convinced they'd show a new fighter at the very least, and was completely wrong. He's a boring character to me and Sakurai went into the minutiae during the presentation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Surely this is the last fighter reveal? With the date of it, could be tms#fe character. But anyway surely the last one left.

Well they have announced that this won't be the last DLC character added to the game. So I wouldn't rule out more reveal Directs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Is it complain about the separate Smash Direct nobody actually has to watch time again? :P

Looking forward to who it might be. Always enjoy watching Sakurai's knowledge and love for older franchise's, like Terry's reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Same. Hoping its someone I give a crap about this time. Haven't bought any of the previous ones. Didn't appeal to me.

Corholio wrote: »
    Is it complain about the separate Smash Direct nobody actually has to watch time again? :P

Nah, it's just there's so much anticipation for a general Direct, this means we have to wait at least another week. I'm eager to see who they announce for Smash too.

Nah, it's just there's so much anticipation for a general Direct, this means we have to wait at least another week. I'm eager to see who they announce for Smash too.

There's a chance the General Direct may possibly be in February. Animal Crossing is still due an almost certain individual Direct too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Corholio wrote: »

Looking forward to who it might be. Always enjoy watching Sakurai's knowledge and love for older franchise's, like Terry's reveal.

I think 90% of people would prefer news on something different.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I think 90% of people would prefer news on something different.

It's not either/or though. A Direct wouldn't just automatically have been instead of this.

Lots look forward to new Smash fighters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Look at it this way, by getting these standalone directs, they shouldn't take up much time on a general direct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Look at it this way, by getting these standalone directs, they shouldn't take up much time on a general direct

Any rumours when that is coming?

Any rumours when that is coming?

There's a chance that it'll be announced tomorrow to be aired on Thursday, which seems to be the trend for the last few weeks (pokemon & smash directs).

But nothing is set set in stone, could be a while off yet. They usually do a general direct in Jan/Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Animal Crossing New Horizons.
    Pikmin Something
    Mario Sunshine DX
    Metroid Something
    Paper Mario 1000 year door
    Super Mario Something

One of these will definitely be in the direct.
    :)

Only guarantee from that post is "Something"

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Only guarantee from that post is "Something"

"There's Something About Mario"
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Animal crossing already coming the rest don't have much more than concept art if even that

I'll tell you something about the Direct. It won't be on a Saturday or Sunday. You heard it here first. I think it'll be held next month. I'll be interested to see it because as it stands they don't have a whole lot coming out this year, particularly in the first half.
    EOxK1-9XUAEWLtf?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement

d4bb29b711987fe2088ae5a5d6103c8f.jpg
    37e8d88ad1a5ba32c216cbd5a845ef8d.jpg

Nintendo put out that infographic yesterday. Take out DLC and ports/remakes, and that leaves 1 new title from Nintendo themselves, Animal Crossing New Horizons. There isn't a whole lot there to begin with anyway. So they've got to have a few new games to announce in the Direct, or they should.

They've got to have some BIG hitters for end of the year to take the sheen off new MS and SONY machines on the way.

I really interested to see what way BOTW 2 will go. We know what the system (the switch) and the software (BOTW engine) can do technically. So, I'm interested in seeing what the actual game changes are.
    But we won't see that in the next direct.

Looking at that list, I didn't realise they have 5 exclusives with release dates this year. And that's with only 1 Nintendo made game.

And other possibilities are Bayonetta and BotW2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,497 ✭✭✭Nollog

No Zelda on the infographic, does that confirm the delay everyone expects?

No Direct Tweet at 2pm today, which is the usual announcement time. Unless they're going off book, I don't think we'll get a Direct this week. I'd guess it'll be February at this point, and that infographic they shared was to tide people over.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    No Zelda on the infographic, does that confirm the delay everyone expects?

I don't think they ever said it was coming in 2020

I don't want BOTW2 rushed out this Christmas just to try and deflect attention away from PS5 and Nextbox.

I think there'll be a Paper Mario and Pikmin title this year, possibly a port of 3. And a 2D Metroid game, maybe even Trilogy HD.

I think Nintendo will make BOTW2 another masterpiece. They have nothing to gain by rushing it out. They have a huge market for this thanks to the goodwill generated by BOTW1. I think they could even make a trilogy, the switch has enough legs and the art style and world in BOTW1 is timeless.

I think they will put out a Zelda game this year, but it'll be a remaster of an older Zelda game.

Sorry for all the noise, just bored out of my brains in work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

No Direct Tweet at 2pm today, which is the usual announcement time. Unless they're going off book, I don't think we'll get a Direct this week. I'd guess it'll be February at this point, and that infographic they shared was to tide people over.

If I worked for Nintendo, I'd purposely move away from routine just to f**k with people at this stage :)

• Advertisement

2020 Super Bowl, Sunday, February 2 ?
    i.e. no direct, just one big Nintendo switch ad showing stuff on the way

Advertisement