Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Could be a General Direct or an Animal Crossing one next. AC will definitely get one, just matter of when.

Rumours of new Paper Mario and more about the 2D Metroid in the last few days have added to the interest of the next Direct definitely. Also the rumoured Wii U ports, Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3.

I'm very interested to see if Platinum has again anything up it's sleeve for Switch this year, with it's recent funding injection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Wheres metroid!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Grassey wrote: »
    Wheres metroid!!!!

Well the last one is in captivaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Did you come in here hoping/thinking that there's news on a new Nintendo Direct? Sorry! :p

I do think it could happen next week. In 2019, Nintendo had their first Direct of the year on 13th February. Though, 3rd party leaks usually precede a Direct, and we haven't had any.

Apart from Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which releases next month, Nintendo have no other known games or releases for the rest of the year, with the exception of Xenoblade Chronicles, which is a remaster of a Wii game. Metroid Prime 4 is years away and I doubt BOTW2 will come out in 2020.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Maybe some high profile ports from the GC/Wii era?
    Super Mario Sunshine/Galaxy announcements, perhaps LoZ games from the GC/Wii era also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Nintendo are missing a huge trick if they don't release the Metroid Prime Trilogy collection on Switch. Many people never played them, it would make Nintendo a lot of money, and it would be the perfect 'primer' (pun absolutely intended) for Metroid Prime 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I've seen a lot of rumours to say we'll get two in February, which would make sense if we get a general Direct and an Animal Crossing one. Also rumours say there will be a Nindies Showcase in March.

As for Prime Trilogy on Switch, I'd say that's guaranteed. That's the reason I'm holding off on replaying the first one on Wii. I've never played 2 or 3. I think the remaster is done, and they are sitting on it until the have a date for Prime 4 so they can drum up interest by dropping the trilogy about a year before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Have the trilogy on Wii U
    ... For some reason Nintendo sold it for 10 euro in the Wii U eshop when it first came out.

Can't see them being that generous on switch !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

nintendoo wrote: »
    Have the trilogy on Wii U
    ... For some reason Nintendo sold it for 10 euro in the Wii U eshop when it first came out.

Can't see them being that generous on switch !!

I'd say €39.99 for the best value games compilation since The Orange Box

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd say €39.99 for the best value games compilation since The Orange Box
    If they remaster them then they could probably charge full price €60 I don’t think most people would mind paying that.

• Advertisement

Nintendo are the greediest ***** around. Do little, to nothing on a port? Doesn't matter! Slap a €60 price tag on it regardless.

I was glad in a way to see Platinum Games going the Kickstarter route for the port of The Wonderful 101. And they're doing quite a bit to improve it. Can anyone honestly say that Nintendo wouldn't have charged €60 and would have funded any improvements?

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say that Platinum Games are charging about €33 for The Wonderful 101, effectively half the price of what Nintendo would charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

No more remakes or WiiU ports for a while. Even stuff like Animal Crossing looks to be just another game in that series rather than something innovative or to move the series forward. I keep waiting on games that take advantage of the system that Nintendo made but they don't seem to have a fresh idea like Splatoon was for the WiiU. Maybe ARMS was meant to be that but that isn't a game that left an impact on me when I played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe they might announce new games for the Switch Online

So whaddya think folks - announcement today, or no? And if so, will it be a general Direct, or Animal Crossing?

My guess is general Direct annouced today, to air tomorrow or Thursday, with an Animal Crossing Drect next week.

Honestly, I love Directs so much, so glad they moved away from e3 in favour of these! Half the fun is the anticipation!

Just in case he comes up on the Direct, I would just like to say the following....

Tom Nook is a thieving git.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Thanks Much

Well looks like today is not the day!

Double or nothing for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Just in case he comes up on the Direct, I would just like to say the following....

Tom Nook is a thieving git.

If metroid Trilogy does come at any point expect 1 or 2 to be on the cart with 3 as a code there by rendering it's collectability aspects meaningless.

If metroid Trilogy does come at any point expect 1 or 2 to be on the cart with 3 as a code there by rendering it's collectability aspects meaningless.

I don't care, as long as I can play them.
    They can be etched into a stone tablet or tattooed on a baboons ass, as long as I can play on them on the Switch!

The second one is intense!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

I don't care, as long as I can play them.
    They can be etched into a stone tablet or tattooed on a baboons ass, as long as I can play on them on the Switch!

The second one is intense!

Ah, the real reason the Wii U failed: games were tattooed on a baboons ass. :)

The Wii U was the Orangutan actually the switch is classier it'll be a Bonobo this time those atypical critters do some funky stuff.

Nintendo Direct wait is now the longest since Switch launched
    ONLY 2016 SAW A LARGER GAP BETWEEN FULL PRESENTATIONS, WHEN DIRECT SKIPPED E3

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/nintendo-direct-wait-is-now-the-longest-since-switch-launched/

Why are we waiting, we are suffocating? Why are we waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think they and Sony are having a standoff to see who will break with new info first.

Nintendo Direct Dry Spell is Driving Gamers Crazy on Twitter

https://www.ccn.com/nintendo-direct-dry-spell-is-driving-gamers-crazy-on-twitter/

From the article, there may be a Nindies in mid March.

There's going to be an Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct before 20th March(its release date). Maybe Nintendo will have a Nintendo Direct in a separate week from the other two around then. The beginning of March possibly. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo are the greediest ***** around. Do little, to nothing on a port? Doesn't matter! Slap a €60 price tag on it regardless.

I was glad in a way to see Platinum Games going the Kickstarter route for the port of The Wonderful 101. And they're doing quite a bit to improve it. Can anyone honestly say that Nintendo wouldn't have charged €60 and would have funded any improvements?

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say that Platinum Games are charging about €33 for The Wonderful 101, effectively half the price of what Nintendo would charge.

The worst was that Mario Allstars port to the Wii. Not full price but still an absolute fortune for an incredibly basic port of a SNES game everyone owned in various forms a thousand times over, not long after all of them had already been ported to the GBA and virtual console.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

BadTurtle wrote: »
    The worst was that Mario Allstars port to the Wii. Not full price but still an absolute fortune for an incredibly basic port of a SNES game everyone owned in various forms a thousand times over, not long after all of them had already been ported to the GBA and virtual console.

Worse again, they didn't even re-release the later "All Stars + Super Mario World" version but the bare-bones original one. It's kinda hard to not feel it's straight up miserly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

If theyd even made the effort of including the snes remasters and the nes originals together it wouldve gone some way to justifying its existence, but no, not even that.

The Kirby collection on the Wii, which Japan and the US got but not the EU, was a very nice selection of Kirby titles.
    As before it is, at it's base, a port of the Snes collection Kirby Super Star (which also found it's way to the DS, gaining an Ultra allong the way).

This collection is offered, within Kirby's Dream Collection on the Wii, togther with the original Gameboy Kirby 1&2 games and the later Kirby's Deamland 3 and Kirby 64, so it is pretty fantastic.

I mean, most people have a modded Wii, if they have a Wii at all, so they could buy this from the US and be playing straight away.

The only reason I mention all of that is because Nintendo are perfectly capable, as with Metroid Trilogy, of releasing a cracking collection from their legacy of wonderful games and franchises.

• Advertisement

All I want is a Mystical Ninja collection

Advertisement