Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Animal Crossing DLC and a Fire Emblem character as the next Smash fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

RUMOR: A NINTENDO DIRECT OR INDIE WORLD SHOWCASE COULD AIR AS EARLY AS NEXT WEEK
    Is it really happening?!

https://gonintendo.com/stories/356735-rumor-a-nintendo-direct-or-indie-world-showcase-could-air-as-ear

There's a rumour going around for months that a Nindies Direct is pencilled in for next week. So that's what I'd bet on. Maybe a full blown Direct the week after then.

March Nintendo Direct in the works with focus on 2020 lineup

https://venturebeat.com/2020/03/10/march-nintendo-direct-2020/
    Updated at 3:45 p.m. Pacific time on March 10: Clarified that Indie World is likely happening March 18, and then Nintendo Direct will happen March 26.

On another note, there's talk elsewhere that E3 is on the verge of cancellation.

• Advertisement

Guess that's a good sign for general direct happening next week

This Indie Direct has been rumoured for a couple of months, with the middle of March in mind. More recently though, there's been rumours of a proper Nintendo Direct happening possibly next week. Time will tell, but maybe given everythings that's happening, that date may be in flux.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A general Direct next week looks increasingly likely speculation wise now that the Indie one has been announced, with a few 'insiders' having hinted at that timeline. Hopefully see more of Silksong and Axiom Verge in the Indie Direct, really hoping to see more of Sports Story too.

I'm not sure the General one will be the 'blockbuster' one that some might want/suspect, I think with it being a bit later and closer to the usual E3/Summer announcements, it might be spread more over the two periods. With E3 off, it's new territory too though.

I guess for this Indie showcase being on St Patrick's Day you could turn it into a drinking game.
    Like a shot for every mention of Roguelike/Roguelite.
    Of course, after that, you won't remember the showcase at all.

• Advertisement

Nintendo Switch - Indie World Showcase 3.17.2020

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wtaDnMYxWfA

The above link was only active for the live stream. You can watch it below in full

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PHUIV8DYptQ

Was watching live but think I'll watch later as it keeps skipping for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Launch first as a timed exclusive has been said about 5 times already. This summer is going to be very quiet I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Exit the Gungeon is out today as a timed console exclusive. The eShop isn't even working right now.

Poor devs.

I followed this on Discord. I lost track of how many times "timed Switch exclusive" was mentioned throughout the presentation. A few of the games looked really nice graphically, I'll keep an eye on some of them to see how they turn out. There were a lot of meh games too, and nothing blew me away or even came close.

Roll on the real show next week, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

It might just be me, but I wish they had a few more timed Switch exclusives in it. Not nearly enough, IMO

In all seriousness though, hope the outage doesn't last too long and won't delay any future main Direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Some interesting games there. Some beautiful art styles. It's very impressive that small teams can create this stuff on shoestring budgets all over the world. Really, they put everything into these games and it's clear they have a love for the art form. I think it's clear that the limitations of the switch suits indie devs perfectly. Plus I think they are all delighted to be shipping software on a nintendo platform.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dicey Dungeons will be great, but I'd love to see Super Hexagon also make the leap

So Nintendo Directs. Do you remember Directs? And no it won't be back in Pog form. It's 202 days and counting since the last main Direct. I don't have any official information, I don't have any reliable information, but I've heard that it's happening in the next week, Nintendo are putting the finishing touches on it, in terms of choosing which 3rd party games to include. It could happen as early as tomorrow. Anyway, the information drought will be over soon. Thank F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

sligeach wrote: »
    So Nintendo Directs. Do you remember Directs? And no it won't be back in Pog form. It's 202 days and counting since the last main Direct. I don't have any official information, I don't have any reliable information, but I've heard that it's happening in the next week, Nintendo are putting the finishing touches on it, in terms of choosing which 3rd party games to include. It could happen as early as tomorrow. Anyway, the information drought will be over soon. Thank F.

I feel like I've heard 'its happening next week' every week this year from someone on Twitter or some forum - I've given up believing any of them for now, and it'll happen when it happens!

Besides, I'm too busy with Animal Crossing for more games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »

NXWfcqK.png

If the previous rumours are true, Metroid Prime HD trilogy is ready to go and Nintendo are sitting on it. Now would be a good time to release it if they've not much else to release.
    And just because I want it

It depends on your perspective waiting for this phantom Direct to materialise.
    giphy.gif

source.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The 2K stuff is nice, but I don't really want to buy them again (bar XCOM 2, which I will get as I've never played it)

I had a mini heart attack at Bravely Default 2. Thought it was the opening to Super Mario Sunshine for a second.....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nicked off Facebook...

f3aqFZR.jpg?1

ryMjNxK.jpg?1

1VUZZgx.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Holy duck panzer dragoon remake

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Catherine full body that's unexpected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Enjoyed that. Only just skimmed through the Direct. Will watch in full later. But looks like I'll be spending more money.

Advertisement