Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Grassey wrote: »
    Majoras Mask 2

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    This is literally the best thing ever!

True, nintendos quiet year is completely forgiven. Delighted more people will get to play 3D world as its one of the best games ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Will be interesting to see how limited the game actually is. It's a bizarre decision to make both physical and digital only available till next year.

The Mario All Stars one one Wii was 'limited' as well but pretty freely available. Amount of copies actually produced will hopefully be high. It's not really a collection that should be limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Greyfox wrote: »
    True, nintendos quiet year is completely forgiven. Delighted more people will get to play 3D world as its one of the best games ever.

Literally completely forgiven.

Wowzers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I agree that none of the games announced on the Direct should be time limited. I ordered Mario 3D All Stars from Smyths with free delivery so looking forward to getting that in the post over the next 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Greyfox wrote: »

I'm really looking forward to finally getting a chance to play that soon.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So doing this for Mario's 35th. what does it mean for Zelda?

I would love to see all the Zelda's from N64, Gamecube and Wii be ported over into one pack and maybe even some of the DS and 3DS Zelda games as well as Windwaker HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Gonzo wrote: »
    I agree that none of the games announced on the Direct should be time limited.

Ironically enough March 31st is the end of Nintendo's fiscal year, what a remarkable coincidence.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Given that the NES/SNES LoZ games are already on the Online library, it woild be a matter of a GB/C/A library being announced and the LoZ content being part of that, plus an Allstars equivalent of the biggest quartet of LoZ titles from the N64, GC and Wii making the transition on an All-Stars cart.
    Would be stupendous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Given that the NES/SNES LoZ games are already on the Online library, it woild be a matter of a GB/C/A library being announced and the LoZ content being part of that, plus an Allstars equivalent of the biggest quartet of LoZ titles from the N64, GC and Wii making the transition on an All-Stars cart.
    Would be stupendous!

Might make more sense to do an Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask bundle and then do a HD trilogy of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Can't see them doing all 5 together. I suppose they could do a full remake of Skyward Sword and sell that separately while bundling the other 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'd love Oracle of Ages & Seasons and Minish Cap to the the Final Fantasy Saga treatment definitely would be value in those 3 at say €39.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The most work would really be needed on Skyward Sword for the controls.
    We already have the HD remakes of Wind Waker and Twilight that they can port.
    The question then is do they port the 3DS remakes of the OoT games since we know there are those that prefer the N64 versions.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The most work would really be needed on Skyward Sword for the controls.
    We already have the HD remakes of Wind Waker and Twilight that they can port.
    The question then is do they port the 3DS remakes of the OoT games since we know there are those that prefer the N64 versions.

Port the versions on the Zelda Retrospective GC disc out, and then do Wind Waker through Skyward Sword HD in a collection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The 3DS remasters of the N64 originals are better in almost every way, I'd hope we'd get an upscaled version of those onto the Switch.
    But, a toggle to go back to the original visuals would be fun but, like the similar device on the Halo collection on the Xbox One, only really something to try out a couple of times before never going near that feature again.

Fysh wrote: »
    Port the versions on the Zelda Retrospective GC disc out, and then do Wind Waker through Skyward Sword HD in a collection.
    Would need to QA it to be sure they didn't port the Majora crash bug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

Loved every minute of OOT.
    Dumped it at first - couldn't stand it.
    Played Mario 64 instead.
    Then went back and got to and past the Deku tree.
    Completely hooked.
    Zero cheating.
    What a game.

Then I played MM on emulator.
    And could not get into it.
    Got probably 50% through and just gave up.
    It's too depressing, and the time limit is too stressful for me.
    It's amazing how different it is to OOT.
    Hard to believe it took 1 year to create MM (with OOT engine etc).

Which makes me think they could release BOTW2 now.
    But they don't have to!
    And the team has probably been told to polish the **** out of it.
    And release with the next big iteration of the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Beautiful poem xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

pcadhain wrote: »
    Beautiful poem xxx

Not intended. Could do with some more work! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Didn't watch the last partner showcase and half watched the one before. Will just read if anything of interest after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I think expectations are more realistic this time. People know what to expect from these kind of showcases now. Nintendo have taken enough of my money in the last 2 weeks anyways, I'm kinda hoping there is nothing of note in this one. :)

Spelunky 2 came out yesterday on PS4 and PC (to rave reviews). How about a Spelunky release and a promise of Spelunky 2 over the next few months?

The first one is still the one missing indie that I still play on my PC because it's not on Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Personally I'd like to hear a little bit more about Phogs! (unless that's been covered in a previous Direct and I missed it?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I think expectations are more realistic this time. People know what to expect from these kind of showcases now. Nintendo have taken enough of my money in the last 2 weeks anyways, I'm kinda hoping there is nothing of note in this one. :)

I wish that was true, a huge chunk of Nintendo fans just can't help getting an excitement overload whenever Nintendo say anything at all. On twitter it seems to be a combination of fans with unrealistic expectations & fans begging others not to have unrealistic expectations :rolleyes:

I thought they had been very clear about the expectations with the different type of Directs. I'll watch it but not expecting any big announcements, would be amazing to see Spelunky on Switch as has already been called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1306169647050358786?s=19

This guy seems adamant that another Monster Hunter game is coming to the switch using a modified RE Engine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Mr E wrote:
    I think you can expect Mass Effect Trilogy to be announced tomorrow.

Have they fixed the ending... :)

Mr E wrote: »

that could be pretty cool actually.

just thinking about the text on handheld though.

the switch will be able to handle them fine as they are 360 / ps3 gen games (albeit remastered) that is within the capability of the switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Mr E wrote: »

I would love this - a number of full price games out now that I want!

One of the good things of taking a break from the switch for a while

• Advertisement

Nintendo Life are doing an Indie presentation tonight (10:15pm)... they promise some announcements too.

Advertisement