Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Doesn't Among Us need voice chat or at least fast way of typing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Doesn't Among Us need voice chat or at least fast way of typing?

That's what would keep me away from it. If I had to install another app or type of the Switchs screen, the frustration-factor would turn me away.

Super Nintendo World Direct posted yesterday

Starts at 29:40 and lasts about 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is an image doing the rounds on Facebook.
    100% bullshit but it's a nice wishlist! :pac:
    (I kept the original image size so its easier to read)

Hhuko8w.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Mr E wrote: »
    This is an image doing the rounds on Facebook.
    100% bullshit but it's a nice wishlist! :pac:
    (I kept the original image size so its easier to read)

Hhuko8w.jpg?1

I was willing to look past Mario kart 9 being released this spring, we'd surely have heard about it by now but the GTA V was what ruined it for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hitman 3 is coming via cloud gaming already (while Control is already out this way) so if they pitched that as the delivery system for GTA5 then maybe it would have been more believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hitman 3 is coming via cloud gaming already (while Control is already out this way) so if they pitched that as the delivery system for GTA5 then maybe it would have been more believable.
    I mean, GTAV is a PS3/360 release originally and numerous developers have dropped decent ports of Gen 7 stuff to Switch, so I would rate it as one of the more credible parts of that massive crock of horse**** above.

So is a soft war less violent than a hard war?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I mean, GTAV is a PS3/360 release originally and numerous developers have dropped decent ports of Gen 7 stuff to Switch, so I would rate it as one of the more credible parts of that massive crock of horse**** above.

Yes, GTA V could easily be done on the switch at 720p, probably locked at 30fps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Hmmm, came here for direct announcing BOTW2.

Disappointed again..

Someone in Nintendo is testing BOTW2 right now.

And Mario Kart 9, and Odyssey 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Would they just release some fcking Mario Kart at this stage? They could even release some dlc for 8 and pretty much everyone who owns the game would snap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Would they just release some fcking Mario Kart at this stage? They could even release some dlc for 8 and pretty much everyone who owns the game would snap it up.

They'd be mad to release MK9. It was the 3rd most downloaded game in December and is regularly in the top 10. They'd lose out on all those future sales if they announced or released a new one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's just that, and it's a great problem to have...
    Why release a new product when the one you have is still making you pots of lovely cash?
    But, then, MK8Dx is a very nice port of the WiiU game, so the Switch has yet to get it's own MK release...
    At this late stage in the Switch lifecycle it is surely the time for Ninty to get these out into the marketplace?
    A Direct in the coming weeks to give us a clear picture of 2021 early '22 would be ideal...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Any next direct will surely be Zelda 35th celebration related, eh Shirley.

I would assume the next Direct will be to tell us what Bowser's Fury is.

After that we'll need one for the Zelda 35th which I think will start on April 1st and that's why we have the March 31st end date for Mario's 35th.

We might get an acknowledgment via twitter that Metroid turns 35 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

I don't see a general Direct occuring until E3, if that is even going to happen this year.

I expect that Switch games will be promoted/announced through a mixture of game/series-focused directs, partner showcases and videos shadow dropped on YouTube.

A lot has been said on Zelda's 35th but nothing has been even hinted at by Nintendo as of yet. However, Pokémon is soon approaching its 25th anniversary and it's already confirmed to be a year of celebration by The Pokémon Company.

With so many anniversaries going on, this is probably why Mario's - and to a lesser extent, Fire Emblem's -one is ending at a random time so another Nintendo franchise can have its time in the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I would assume the next Direct will be to tell us what Bowser's Fury is.

After that we'll need one for the Zelda 35th which I think will start on April 1st and that's why we have the March 31st end date for Mario's 35th.

We might get an acknowledgment via twitter that Metroid turns 35 as well.

Zelda date is February 21 2021

Yeah heard that on NVC. May have the direct about then but games releasing after the end of Mario's 35th. May have something smaller after the Direct. Did Mario 35 launch right after?
    As for Nintendo not hinting, apart from the 3d all-stars we knew nothing about Mario's 35th until they dropped the direct

As for Nintendo not hinting, apart from the 3d all-stars we knew nothing about Mario's 35th until they dropped the direct

I should have added leaked/rumoured to my post as well. The majority of Nintendo's 2020 lineup, except for Hyrule Warriors, was known about well in advance. While the exact details about the 35th anniversary weren't revealed, the leaks about 3D All-Stars (and 3D world) were always linked with the 35th anniversary celebration.
    Whereas for Zelda, there seems like there is nada to go off at the moment. I could see maybe a Zelda HD collection (Wind Waker + Twilight Princess) and maybe a port of Skyward Sword. Imagine if they revealed BOTW2 and launch it a few weeks after. It's not going to happen but imagine if it did?

griffdaddy wrote: »

Thinking MK 9 will let you build and publish your own tracks. Not sure what else they could do at this stage. Maybe open world Mario Kart.

• Advertisement

tbahh wrote: »
    I should have added leaked/rumoured to my post as well. The majority of Nintendo's 2020 lineup, except for Hyrule Warriors, was known about well in advance. While the exact details about the 35th anniversary weren't revealed, the leaks about 3D All-Stars (and 3D world) were always linked with the 35th anniversary celebration.
    Whereas for Zelda, there seems like there is nada to go off at the moment. I could see maybe a Zelda HD collection (Wind Waker + Twilight Princess) and maybe a port of Skyward Sword. Imagine if they revealed BOTW2 and launch it a few weeks after. It's not going to happen but imagine if it did?

I couldn't play any of the older Zelda's again after BOTW. They could do a modern top down Zelda for switch like that beauty on the 3ds - link between worlds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thinking MK 9 will let you build and publish your own tracks. Not sure what else they could do at this stage. Maybe open world Mario Kart.

Mario Maker Kart!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Mario Maker Kart!

That's actually a really good shout; I'd argue the learning curve to fashion a fun track would be kinder than a platformer. I'm surprised how well Mario Maker turned out, custom track tools should be a doddle to provide

Remember ModNation Racers?

Think we'll make it through the month without a Direct?
    Or are these tweets and videos like Bowser's Fury the replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Going by what they did for the Mario anniversary last year and holding a direct 10 days before the actual date, hopefully we'll get one in just over two weeks for Zelda's 35th anniversary which is on the 21st of next month. But that's just me being hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Is there any basis for the Zelda speculation? I know they recently made a big deal for the Mario 35th but have they a history of doing that sort of thing for Zelda too? Or is it all just wishful thinking based on the Mario 35 news?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It would make sense for Zelda anniversary to have the first proper gameplay reveal for BOTW 2. As for any immediate retail release the best bet would be a Zelda collection akin to what they did for Mario anniversary. An Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask double-up on one cart would be nice, though TBH I think for that to happen both titles would need a significant remastering since although both are great games, they show their age technically. An easier collection to release would be a trilogy of Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess/Wind Waker. The latter 2 have already had the HD treatment.

I don't see a Zelda 35th anniversary happening until much later in the year. I can imagine Nintendo tweeting about its anniversary in February and teasing fans by saying they are looking forward to celebrating it throughout 2021.
    This is because: a) Mario 35th has not finished and won't until March 31st; and b) Pokémon 25th also takes place around the end of Feb - its logo has already even been revealed.

So I could Zelda 35th around May/E3.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    It would make sense for Zelda anniversary to have the first proper gameplay reveal for BOTW 2. As for any immediate retail release the best bet would be a Zelda collection akin to what they did for Mario anniversary. An Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask double-up on one cart would be nice, though TBH I think for that to happen both titles would need a significant remastering since although both are great games, they show their age technically. An easier collection to release would be a trilogy of Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess/Wind Waker. The latter 2 have already had the HD treatment.

Ocarina of Time could really do with a version with right-stick camera control (like Majora's mask remaster version got on the 3DS)

tbh 35th is a random "anniversary" in the first place

but if they are going to do something, make it something half-decent with a modicum of effort.

Advertisement