Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's always important to note how Nintendo describe the Directs going in. This one was for "updating on Wii U and 3DS titles planned for launch through summer 2016". Any big surprises were unlikely. Though I'm convinced Zelda U isn't a real game anymore. Just a collective delusion.

This is exactly it. We knew what the loose majority of the stuff would be announced because....they told us and yet people bitch about there not being other stuff. I thought there was quite a few nice surprises though, the Starfox footage and date confirmation, Starfox Guard and the interesting looking Kirby game.

The Direct was always just going to be a collective tidying of the announced titles, the last additional Wii U stuff and any odd surprises (Kirby) that they had. The one thing I don't like is trying to put RPG stuff into other titles (Metroid and Kirby) I think they could do without doing that kinda stuff.

Also the Starfox Guard box art is pretty cool....

CcqOUwNVIAA6N-E.jpg:small

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

bkrangle wrote: »

That is lovely!
    Sweet.

Did they mention pricing on the Snes titles? Probably a fiver a pop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That is lovely!

Did they mention pricing on the Snes titles? Probably a fiver a pop?

8 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€7.99 is nuts, considering that I already paid €7.99 for some of them on the Wii U (Super Metroid, SMW, LTTP).

Mr E wrote: »
    €7.99 is nuts, considering that I already paid €7.99 for some of them on the Wii U (Super Metroid, SMW, LTTP).

Even if you hadn't already bought some of them (or if you didn't have a Wii-U), €8 is a crazy price to charge for emulation.

• Advertisement

It is worth noting for what its worth, if you buy mario earthbound is reduced to 5 euro, and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Eartbound is more expensive than the others (9.99 as opposed to 7.99). So if taking advantage of buy one get one half price, it probably works out better to pay full for Mario world and half price for Earthbound, if possible. Though they may use the old "cheapest item half price" line

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Given that you can't process more than one purchase at a time, and the general simplified nature of the eshop in general I don't see how they can control which one you get the discount on.

The lack of cross buy makes this pointless for me, and just highlights the shortcomings of their licensing and account management models. Sitting here, not playing Animal Crossing or getting my Serebii gift on Y on my n3DS, I can't see those prices as anything more than Nintendo pissing all over the very small group of users who prevented their last console from being an utter failure. (we only protected them from the Utter though :D). I'm not paying again for titles I've already bought on the Wii and Wii U. Christ, they should be trying to make the piracy / "dark homebrew" option less attractive or viable, not more...

With regards Federation Force, I doubt I'll be getting it. Not because I'm protesting that it's not the type of Metroid game I wanted, but simply because I don't usually go for multiplayer focused games. (Splatoon was an exception. :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

They can feck off with those VC titles, €8 for an emulated rom is insanity...made worse by the fact that if you bought them for the Wii U, then you've to buy them again. No doubt we'll be asked to buy the same rom again then for NX...sorry Ninty, no thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Mr E wrote: »

Yeah but still I want them, in fact I tried to buy smw sat night but couldn't remember my password so it deleted my card and then I didn't bother.

It's snes games on 3ds it's awesome:-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    They can feck off with those VC titles, €8 for an emulated rom is insanity...made worse by the fact that if you bought them for the Wii U, then you've to buy them again. No doubt we'll be asked to buy the same rom again then for NX...sorry Ninty, no thanks :)

Yeah, that's why I own a Raspberry Pi! :p

So anyone figure out how all the Hyrule Warriors dlc works and what is coming to Wii u? Was all a bit confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

If you buy Hyrule Warriors Legends, you get a code that let's you unlock the characters for the Wii U version of the game, like Skull Kid, etc.

I also think they are planning 4 new batches of DLC, which you can get for the season pass.

Not too sure if you can get the likes of Skull Kid, etc, without buying Legends though. They may release them as DLC on the WiiU version that you pay for regularly, but I don't know if that's going to be the case or not. I imagine they will eventually but don't take my word on it.

Since I got my copy of Hyrule Warriors on launch day for about 10 euro, inc delivery (Good old Amazon and Gift vouchers) I think I can happily pay the 8 euro for season pass. :L

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/728637966323699712

Direct! Next week. Pokemon focused. Still find it strange they wouldn't save this for E3 but whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/728637966323699712

Direct! Next week. Pokemon focused. Still find it strange they wouldn't save this for E3 but whatever.

Show me where in that tweet it says that.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Show me where in that tweet it says that.

It says direct right there.

It says direct right there.

The link where it says Direct is just the one from February.

It has been a while (I had to search for this thread!), but there is a new Nintendo Direct on Thursday 1st at 3pm.

This one will be focused on the 3DS (there will be no NX news)

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-3ds-direct-to-be-held-on-thursday/

Don't hate me cos I bumped this thread :pac: Edit: Mr.E did it before me, hate him instead :P

New Nintendo Direct exclusively on 3DS, so don't start moaning there's no NX news ;)

logo_ndirect.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I called it exactly. :D Disappointing it's only for the 3DS though.

Ah those teases!

Are there new non-Pokemon games coming out that we haven't already heard about or something?
    Hopefully they'll mention a European release date for that new Selects range. Want to get Animal Crossing New Leaf for the cheaper price.

Wasn't impressed with that video of Reggie showing off the new 'Galaxy Style' NN3DSXL - "This is my favourite now. And I wanted to make sure everyone could get their hands on one as soon as possible..." - more hyperbole from that increasingly irritating chap. Who cares, it's a new faceplate, shut up with this type of crap until you've told us something about the NX. Yep, Reggie & Ninty just annoying me these days. :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll mention a European release date for that new Selects range

September 30th (I assume 3ds are the same day).

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/765458221419098113

Ooh nice, some goods news for a change thanks! Had only heard they were out already in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Maybe they'll announce another direct at the end, one centred on NX? Or maybe they'll just wait and we'll find out what the NX is they day it's released? Who knows???

Probably mention the new Ace Attorney

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm sure the indie developers that are trying harder than Nintendo to prop up the Wii U appreciate that this is a 3DS only Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I get excite!

I know it's only a 3DS direct but still. The beast has now awoken since E3. Won't be long now until the Virtual Boy 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dragon Quest VII out soon will probably be more info on that beauty.

Advertisement