Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not too bad. Saving the big guns for E3 I think.

Fez is out today, and there is an indie sale starting later today too.
    Olli Olli world and Oxenfree II out later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fez and Oxenfree II will do for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For the irredeemably lazy, can someone share a breakdown of all that was announced?

Copied from NLife:

Road 96, a procedural narrative game, is coming to Nintendo Switch
    Aerial_Knight's Never Yield will drop on Nintendo Switch 19th May
    Last Stop and Hindsight will be hopping onto Nintendo Switch later this year
    OlliOlli World grinds onto Nintendo Switch this Winter
    The Longing is coming to Nintendo Switch later today
    There is No Game Wrong Dimension launches on Switch later today
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge cowabungas onto Nintendo Switch later this year
    CrisTales is coming to Nintendo Switch July 2021
    GetSuFuMaDen lands on Switch 2022
    Aztech Forgotten Gods smashes its way onto Switch Autumn 2021
    Skul: The Hero Slayer finds it was onto Nintendo Switch Summer 2021
    Fez is coming to Nintendo Switch! TODAY!
    Oxenfree II: Lost Signals is coming to Switch in 2021!

There was a sizzle reel near the end with a bunch of other games. I don't have a list of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Aztech looked cool. And Turtles of course, although I hope they change the HUD as those energy bars and all looked bad.

Is Aerial Knight someone we're meant to know? Game is of no interest anyway.

And no idea what The Longing is meant to be. 400 days in real time and mundane tasks to do, very slowly by the look of it.

Labyrinth City reminded me of puzzle books I got as a child. Turns out it's based on similar books.

Sizzle reel games, since just have the video here now:
    art of rally - this summer
    KeyWe - August
    Labyrinth City: Pierre the Maze Detective - Spring
    Weaving tides - May
    House of the Dead Remake - later this year
    Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights - June 21
    Beasts of Maravilla Island - June
    Fez - today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cris Tales looks epic hope its a good modest price when it's out

Very pleased a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game is in the works too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Road 96, a procedural narrative game, is coming to Nintendo Switch

The Longing is coming to Nintendo Switch later today
    There is No Game Wrong Dimension launches on Switch later today
    Fez is coming to Nintendo Switch! TODAY!

Looks like I'm putting on the good clothes, because I'm going shopping!

I have a €25 card to buy SaGa Frontier on Friday but Fez has me intrigued

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Road 96 looks really interesting, but I wonder how interactive those various set pieces (like the chase during a robbery) are in reality. Plus Hades has kinda set the bar for randomised, narrative focused gameplay really high so we'll see.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought Fez and The Hike, the former I have on other formats but I can't resist it again, the latter because of the Firewatch vibe, one of my favourite games on any system

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Art of Rally looks great to me and it's from Funselektor who did Absolute Drift previously - a lovely game and great soundtrack, even though I'm bloody awful at it. And Aztech could be great from the look of that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,611 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It took a while to find this thread.

I thought it would be an hour long.

Edit: Silly me, I should have left the NOA Tweet in.

A 3 hour treehouse afterwards too. Press release:
    Tune in at 9 a.m. PT for a Nintendo Direct presentation, featuring roughly 40 minutes of information focused exclusively on Nintendo Switch games mainly releasing in 2021. Immediately after the Nintendo Direct, continue watching for around three hours of deep dives on gameplay for a handful of Nintendo Switch games in Nintendo Treehouse: Live.

While this year’s E3 is going virtual, everyone is invited to tune in to Nintendo’s digital activities on June 15. Both the Nintendo Direct video presentation and Nintendo Treehouse: Live livestream can be viewed at https://www.nintendo.com/e3/.

They're sure to specify "software"

And the "hardware" New Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Nintendo Switch Pro being shadow dropped tomorrow.
    E25OTPXWYAcON5g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

It better have a new hat too

Announcing during Pride month means the only edition being released contains rainbow colour joycon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

*doesn't feature Dante from the Devil May Cry series*

Aaaaaand dropped!

So this time next week we'll have release dates for BotW2 and Metroid Prime 4?

Some E3 2021 game announcements potentially leaked by known Reddit Leaker [Open Spoilers]

https://www.resetera.com/threads/some-e3-2021-game-announcements-potentially-leaked-by-known-reddit-leaker-open-spoilers.440308/

We have at least one Switch exclusive.
    Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Gonna be honest, if the spoiler thing is true I am happy, loved the first one but didn't think it was popular enough to warrant another (always on sale on the eShop, you could get a download code for it for $5 from Ubisoft US recently)

I don't know if I should have put in a spoiler tag. More and more sites are reporting it(and it was one of my E3 predictions). It makes so much sense to make a sequel; it was a good game, it sold well and they've the engine and a lot of the groundwork done already(similar to BOTW2).

Definitely radio silence for me on these things now until the treehouse live stream on YouTube the comments are usually gold.

Ubisoft Forward: Official Livestream - June 2021

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ydOv_hunhjE

The pre-show starts at 7pm, but the main show starts at 8pm. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope should be revealed officially during the show with gameplay footage.

Less than 24 hours to go until Nintendo's E3 presentations. :D
    18832d137c30ec3d468317d4662be84a.jpg

20 mins of Metroid and 20 minutes of Zelda? :)

I hope we get something on both.
    They might open and close with the final 2 Smash characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CastorTroy wrote: »
    20 mins of Metroid and 20 minutes of Zelda? :)

7BfilIy.gif

Done!

First half is Samus' inclusion in Fortnite after all (haha psych!All the reports before were fake!)

Second half is the announcement of remakes of the CDi Zelda games...with LIVE-ACTION CUTSCENES! Kevin Hart will play Link, Melissa McCarthy plays Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    First half is Samus' inclusion in Fortnite after all (haha psych!All the reports before were fake!)

Second half is the announcement of remakes of the CDi Zelda games...with LIVE-ACTION CUTSCENES! Kevin Hart will play Link, Melissa McCarthy plays Zelda.

I hate all of this.

I'm steadfastly not getting my hopes up but the above at least lowers my expectations to the never before seen 'dungeon' so whatever happens, it's all good.

Woohoo! I love Kevin Hart and Melissa McCarthy.

:pac:

• Advertisement

If that happens 10 monkeys paws won't save you

Advertisement