Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Direct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I ask because they seemed to have gold joycon on the switch at the beginning of Treehouse Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Metroid Dread is like Samus Returns +++

Looks fantastic, and Dread finally became a reality after being vaporware for so long!

All seems so smooth.

Okay, not watching anymore so as not to be spoiled

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was anything mentioned about Metroid Prime 4 or maybe a new F-Zero?

Hard at work on Metroid Prime 4. That was about it. No footage

• Advertisement

I noticed something said about Skyward Sword that people won't be happy about if it is the case. Anyone want to guess what it is? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Very good showing from Nintendo. I just want more of BOTW 2. I noticed how they said "aiming for 2022" which could mean it might slip into 2023.

They have filled up the rest of the year nicely but I think they've not revealed everything yet. That rumored Donkey Kong game was MIA.

Noticed two big missing series. Not a single reference to Animal Crossing. Bizarrely Pokémon didn't feature at all. Granted, we've already release dates for their next titles but odd to see no reference. Pokémon news probably coming soon next month. Maybe the might get referenced in Treehouse Live later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Super Robot Wars 30 was announced on the Japan Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I thought it was a good but not great direct.

Delighted to see SMT V finally has a release date 4 and half years after being announced. Although it seems Bayonetta has assumed its role as the game that disappeared.

Danganronpa series are great murder mystery games.

I've always wanted to play advanced wars but those graphics are awful. No idea why they didn't just do a hd version of the old graphics.

Biggest disappointment was that the only thing for Zelda's 35th anniversary is just a game and watch. I was at least expecting something similar to the Mario collection.

I'm guessing BOTW 2 will be a launch title for the new switch similar to BOTW was for this one. I'm guessing they'll probably reveal it around October along with the successor to Mario Odyssey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

"Aiming for 2022" and "please have patience" with regard to BOTW 2 has me super nervous. Could be 2023 but they don't have the heart to tell us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

That was a C+ presentation for me. Started strong, Smash character, Guardians and Worms multiplayer all look cool. Will likely buy all 3. After that not much grabbed me in a big way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

That was a C+ presentation for me. Started strong, Smash character, Guardians and Worms multiplayer all look cool. Will likely buy all 3. After that not much grabbed me in a big way.

Complete opposite for me

Metroid, advance wars and Zelda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I didn’t think it was that great tbh. Metroid Dread was nice but I am more of fan of the Prime series so even that announcement left me with a sour taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A dagger to my heart nintendo

We have no other switch zelda titles planned

Advance Wars was amazing news they are fantastic gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Happy enough with it. Given that theres already Splatoon 3, Pokemon etc lined up, bulking up this year with Advance Wars and, in particular, Metroid Dread fills out the calendar nicely. Surprised at the low key presence of some of the major IPs (Pokemon, Kirby, Starfox, Animal Crossing all MIA is quite unusual) but I suppose most of them have had a major release in the last few years anyway.

Glad its Metroid 5 and not Prime 4 tbh, that series always felt like a different IP to me, never really got the buzz behind it.

A dagger to my heart nintendo

We have no other switch zelda titles planned

Advance Wars was amazing news they are fantastic gems.

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess collection is coming next year to soothe us when BOTW2 is unfortunately (but hopefully not) delayed into early 2023!

We couldn’t will the Metroid Prime Trilogy into existence so I don’t why anyone thinks it will work with TP/WW.

Just face it, the only thing Nintendo hates more than making money is denying its fans exactly what they want.

Markitron wrote: »
    We couldn’t will the Metroid Prime Trilogy into existence so I don’t why anyone thinks it will work with TP/WW.

Just face it, the only thing Nintendo hates more than making money is denying its fans exactly what they want.

MP3 is built around Wii. It would be possible to do it, but would just take time, like with Skyward Sword HD.

WW and TP have already been given the HD treatment. Nintendo are experts on bringing their Wii U games over to Switch. Today we got Fatal Frame IV port announced. WW and TP HD will definitely come to Switch. Just a question of whether in a collection or not.

That was Fatal frame V and don't think it's Nintendo porting it since it's releasing on PC, PS4, PS5 and current and next gen XBox.

But yeah they also have Xenoblade Chronicles X to port over as well

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That was Fatal frame V and don't think it's Nintendo porting it since it's releasing on PC, PS4, PS5 and current and next gen XBox.

It is being ported from the Wii U, where it launched initially.

• Advertisement

Yeah but I mean it must be Bandai Namco doing/paying for the port rather than Nintendo.

Oh and as I was saying earlier about Skyward Sword, he said you can play with motion controls or switch to handheld mode and play with analog controls.
    So have to ask can you only play with analog controls in handheld mode? I wouldn't say so but I know plenty of people wouldn't be happy if it was the case.
    Just went back to the announcement trailer and worded the same way there

Oh and as I was saying earlier about Skyward Sword, he said you can play with motion controls or switch to handheld mode and play with analog controls.
    So have to ask can you only play with analog controls in handheld mode? I wouldn't say so but I know plenty of people wouldn't be happy if it was the case.
    Just went back to the announcement trailer and worded the same way there

FWIW when I watched it, I got the impression that the button controls were only for handheld mode.

Ah, I get ya!

Loved this direct, though for me there were very high highs and fairly low lows.

Loved the Dread reveal, and the BOTW2 trailer. (though the fake out start with Gonondorfs body being dumped threw me severely at the start! Then the 'last segment' starting with Aonuma just to go into Age of Calamity DLC and Game & Watch almost fooled me into thinking we weren't getting BOTW2 footage! )

Wario Ware is almost always a fun time, so looking forward to many laughs with the wife when playing it.

Smash character reveals bore me to tears at this stage, especially when they spend way longer than is even remotely near necessary. The Advance Wars art style was really disappointing. There was no need to double up with the presentations of Mario + Rabbids or Monster Hunter Story either.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I don't think it's clear re: Skyward Sword HD. The UK listing for it says the following:
    Nintendo wrote:
    For the first time, you can also play this adventure using button controls, allowing the game to be played in handheld mode or on Nintendo Switch Lite. When using this control scheme, you can control Link’s sword by simply tilting the right control stick in a chosen direction.

To me that reads more as "We've added button controls, which means you can play it in handheld mode" rather than "You can play it using button controls but only in handheld mode".

Yeah that's pretty much the wording from the announcement trailer.
    But it does need to be clarified.
    I would assume it can be played either way on the tv and would be more trouble to limit those controls to handheld mode only.

Yeah but I mean it must be Bandai Namco doing/paying for the port rather than Nintendo.

Interesting as I'm sure Nintendo own the rights to that game which is why the main character appears as an assist trophy in Smash. It's Koei Tecmo, I think, not Bandi Namco. Nintendo must have received some settlement to allow the ports, like what was done with The Wonderful 101.

Yeah koei Tecmo is right. Get those mixed up.
    The remake of the second one is still exclusive to Wii, the Spirit Camera spinoff is exclusive to 3ds and Fatal Frame IV was only released on Wii in Japan

• Registered Users Posts: 17,606 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The full Treehouse Live presentation.

Nintendo Treehouse: Live | E3 2021

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5ttF_o-3A7g

• Advertisement

Metroid Dread

Warioware

Life is strange

They were of interest.

BOTW2 bit didn't look much if any different to BOTW imo

Advertisement