Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming programs on Sky.

• 01-04-2015 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Are there any gaming programs on the Sky platform at present? Relatively up-to-date with reviews etc....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Nothing I've ever heard of tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

there is one...cant think of the name..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Videogame Nation on Challenge every Saturday morning at 10am. No idea if it's any good but I saw it advertised yesterday

thats the one!! I quite enjoy it, they usually pick a new release and base most of the episode around it. like when alien isolation was coming out, the episode was about all the previous aliens game. with shadow of mordor they done the same with LOTR games, with the evil within they done top ten horror games ever etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Kids nowadays will never know the joy of awaiting a weekly episode of your favourite Gaming show on old Irish Multichannel :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The world is still reeling from the loss of Gamezville.

How is one to know how many Gs a game deserve?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I haven't watched a gaming TV show since Gamesmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I haven't watched a gaming TV show since Gamesmaster.

Wow, you're bringing back some great memories there. I used to love that show.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I use to watch one on rapture TV in the late 90's and then there was the channel that had the legend of mir show .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gamesworld back in the early 90's, with Big Boy Barry, good times!

• Advertisement

simon amstell was on it ha

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Big boy barry is now a community manager for the gaming peripheral maker, madcatz. You'll see him occasionally at fighting game events, somewhat less biggerer. I know someone who considers him a good friend :)

I know someone who considers him a good friend :)

Pfffffft.... humble brag :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

As another poster said above, the one on Challenge on Saturday mornings isn't bad. I think one of the guys from Outside Xbox is on it too.

Nothing there though that will match Gamesmaster, Gamesworld or even BITS (Emily Booth, yes please :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

huh, kids these days.

Murphys Micro quiz-m was where it was at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭eggy81

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

And mister mathers. He was a twat. Bob mills presented it yeah? Class show.
    There was a gaming channel out for a while 3 or 4 years ago. Decent enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

haha I loved this show.

Also enjoyed "When Games Attack" with Dominik Diamond & Caroline Flack (where I developed a love for her!!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

eggy81 wrote: »
    And mister mathers. He was a twat. Bob mills presented it yeah? Class show.
    There was a gaming channel out for a while 3 or 4 years ago. Decent enough.

Yeah if I recall it was called something like x league. Was a bit before its time, what with the proliferation of esports now it might do much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I use to watch one on rapture TV in the late 90's and then there was the channel that had the legend of mir show .

Ha, for some reason I would just sit and watch that Legend or Mir show all the time, thought it looked great and always wanted to play it. Think the channel was Game Network. Had some awful presenters haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd definitely watch a friendly gaming competition (non COD mental kids screaming at each other) tv show. Ah the memories of Games World and GamesMaster. I always said I could beat Big Boy Barry and Games Messiah!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Benzino wrote: »
    Ha, for some reason I would just sit and watch that Legend or Mir show all the time, thought it looked great and always wanted to play it. Think the channel was Game Network. Had some awful presenters haha.

Thats the one, I can only remember carl and bettina, carl did the LOM Show and bettina did news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭lertsnim

"The graphics on this one are wicked" - Usually the barometer they used

lertsnim wrote: »
    "The graphics on this one are wicked" - Usually the barometer they used

Cause f**k knows those 2 plebs couldn't play a game for $hit.... remember how one of them was the "racing expert" *shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, Aoife on Videogame Nation.

My brother pointed out one on TG4 called Cluiche Thart. Can't remember the day it's on.

Bad Influence was great as well. Always remember the cheats guy with the Mortal Kombat DULLARD cheat stuck to his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I remember watching Gamepad on Bravo in the early 2000's.

Mainly because of Violet Berlin's tight tops though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

J. Marston wrote: »
    I remember watching Gamepad on Bravo in the early 2000's.

Mainly because of Violet Berlin's tight tops though.

Jesus, flashbacks...much nostalgia!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭Evade

Anyone else watch Bits on channel 4 around 2000?

Evade wrote: »
    Anyone else watch Bits on channel 4 around 2000?

Was that the one with the little robot thingy moving around between clips that had a TV screen for a head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭Evade

Cormac... wrote: »
    Was that the one with the little robot thingy moving around between clips that had a TV screen for a head?
    It was the late night one with the three girl presenters. I'm not saying there wasn't a robot, I just don't remember it.

EDIT: That makes it sound smutty, it wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »

That was Cybernet.

Advertisement