Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a blocked uk phone here

Options
  • 01-04-2015 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

A mate who lives in the north broke his Samsung s3 mini phone so claimed on his insurance for replacement so I think the old phone gets blocked then or something
    Anyway I have the broke phone which I managed to get working again the screen is smashed to bits but I can repackage that and need back cover but was told if I get it unlocked from uk network even though it barred it will work here dose that happen?
    It sounds bit far fetched to me but if it works I might just repair this phone for myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

canhefixit wrote: »
    A mate who lives in the north broke his Samsung s3 mini phone so claimed on his insurance for replacement so I think the old phone gets blocked then or something
    Anyway I have the broke phone which I managed to get working again the screen is smashed to bits but I can repackage that and need back cover but was told if I get it unlocked from uk network even though it barred it will work here dose that happen?
    It sounds bit far fetched to me but if it works I might just repair this phone for myself

Sounds like a dodgy claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭canhefixit

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Sounds like a dodgy claim.

Course it is inspector ur bang on there yeah right on the money boommmm
    Now away with ya and stop typing 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

was told if I get it unlocked from uk network even though it barred it will work here dose that happen?
    Used to be the case, but I think that's a loophole that's been closed off.

I bought a second hand Nokia 6600 (to give you an idea of how long ago) and it worked fine. It was originally a UK phone (Orange branding on the back) and so when one day I found myself in the UK it simply didn't work. The seller most likely pulled the same stunt as the guy who sold your phone to you.

Nonetheless, I believe the networks have tightened up on this practice and share data across borders now, making this more difficult to do. Not a definitive answer, but IMHO, I wouldn't count on what you were told working.
    Course it is inspector ur bang on there yeah right on the money boommmm
    Now away with ya and stop typing 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
    /me wears mod hat

canhefixit, you can come here to give or receive help or you can come here to play the maggot. Rhetorical Question: Guess which one will get you permabanned without further warnings?

Advertisement