Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vocal/music training in Cork

Options
  • 01-04-2015 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Anyone know of anyone/anywhere in Cork City that does music lessons for adults? I've been singing in choirs for years, but can't sight sing. I've been getting by so far by becoming a master of lip-synching on the first day, then running home to make some Sibelius midis from the sheet music, and learning them off by heart. Getting to the stage now though that if I want to sing with the best choirs, I need to be able to sight sing to get in.

Preferably male I suppose, and I probably prefer group learning considering I prefer ensemble singing. Any help is much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

Try Cork School of Music...?

Otherwise, put a note up in Pro Musica or Opus...?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Just to follow up so there's info here for other people, I ended up going with Voice Works as they have a musicianship class for vocalists to teach sight singing for the hilariously low price of €25 for 7 hours of lessons over the next two months! I did get some good recommendations though for one-on-one lessons in my hunt though, the best being that the notice board in the lobby of the School of Music has teachers advertised, so I might move that way when the group lessons finish up.

So far, one of the most important things for me has been to have a song associated with every interval ascending and descending. I found a cool little site for just that too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

youtube ftw - glad to hear you got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

LeNNoX wrote: »
    youtube ftw - glad to hear you got sorted.

Is there any channels in particular that you recommend? :D

Advertisement