Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPL 2015

• 01-04-2015 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭

Starts on April 8th, Kolkata Knight Riders vs Mumbai Indians is the opening game.

Lot of changes this season with new players. Shame that Starc is missing the start of the season, was excited to watch him and Sammy in the team.

Most obvious prediction, Chennai to finish in top 4 and qualify for play offs.

Full Schedule:
    http://www.iplt20.com/schedule

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

Any fancy setting up a fantasy league for this, Good one on the IPL website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Will the advertisement dog return?? Thats my biggest concern.

(For the record I hope he does :D )

That dog seemed to hate cricket which I found bizarre!!

Spread the word on the IPL league...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Is it being shown on youtube again?

• Advertisement

Not sure but its on Sky Sports this year..

Join my Official IPL Fantasy League. League code: 39626. https://fantasy.iplt20.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Sorry for the caps, but every year they keep making the same mistake do Bangalore

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2015/engine/match/829737.html

STOP HIDING ABDV DOWN THE ORDER

Oh and horror innings from Gayle and Kohli as well.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 nuaeabhrac

I actually got into cricket watch this. Too bad its gone off to sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Sorry for the caps, but every year they keep making the same mistake do Bangalore

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2015/engine/match/829737.html

STOP HIDING ABDV DOWN THE ORDER

Oh and horror innings from Gayle and Kohli as well.

Kohli is a brilliant batsman but very poor captain IMO. He just can't lead any side. When AB De walked in, game was as good as over but only AB De could rescue it and he almost did. Should have batted 2 down or 1 down IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

What a finish to the Kings XI and R.Royals match last night. The Kings XI looked dead and buried but some big hitting by Marsh and Miller got them in a position to chase down the total and then a last ball 4 forced a super over. They then lost a wicket on the first ball of the super over but again Marsh got them out of jail hitting three boundaries in the next five balls. RR lost two wickets in their super over and the Kings XI took the spoils.

As an aside, Glenn Maxwell is still struggling with the bat. In the field he is still in imperious form with two excellent catches, one in particular of James Faulkner that was incredible with how easy he made it look. However, Kings XI and the tournament as a whole needs him to start firing. George Bailey sat out yesterday with an injury and with him coming back in it's between Maxwell and Marsh for the remaining batter and Marsh might get the nod on the back of yesterday's heroics.

Surprisingly Galye is dropped. Also great for RCB that Starc is back.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Surprisingly Galye is dropped. Also great for RCB that Starc is back.

They faltered in the run chase after starting well. Russouw gave away his wicket so cheaply. The run out of AB was the final nail in the coffin then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

After ridiculing the IPL for much of the 7 years since its inception, Bumble Lloyd is not only in India with his tail between his legs commentating on it but he now wants the ECB to create a window for the IPL :confused::confused:

http://www.iplt20.com/news/2015/features/6326/ecb-must-reach-a-compromise-on-ipl-lloyd

Money talks like nothing else:pac::pac:

booth70 wrote: »
    After ridiculing the IPL for much of the 7 years since its inception, Bumble Lloyd is not only in India with his tail between his legs commentating on it but he now wants the ECB to create a window for the IPL :confused::confused:

http://www.iplt20.com/news/2015/features/6326/ecb-must-reach-a-compromise-on-ipl-lloyd

Or finally English board and ex players realized that T20 is the way to go in modern game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is it on very early this year compared to previous. On switched it on by accident the other day flicking through the (someone elses) Sky Channels. Really miss it from ITV4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Gayle storm
    4,6,1,4,4,.,6,4,6,out
    35 10 balls
    The dot was digging out yorker

Now its AB's turn....out first ball!!

RCB chasing 81 in 6 overs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Gillespy

What has Bumble said about the IPL? He has always come across as the biggest T20 fan since day one.

axe2grind wrote: »
    Gayle storm
    4,6,1,4,4,.,6,4,6,out
    35 10 balls
    The dot was digging out yorker

Now its AB's turn....out first ball!!

RCB chasing 81 in 6 overs

Yeah great finish but could have been oh so different if Warner was able to plant himself on that last Kohli six. Really hots up the weekends games though as still five sides in with a chance for the three remaining playoff spots

Gillespy wrote: »
    What has Bumble said about the IPL? He has always come across as the biggest T20 fan since day one.

Search for ''David Bumble....What an eejit!'' if you want on this forum and you'll get the background to my post.

I don't want to put up the link myself as I'll probably get banned for dredging up an old post from 5 or 6 years back.

I felt strongly about the IPL then and the difference it would make to international cricket..... Every international board except the ECB has made a window for its players to take part and its popularity continues to soar in India and as I predicted then Sky and Lloyd would soon follow where the money is in due course .....but I am sad IPL's success has come at the expense of declining levels of quality bowlers in India and India repeatedly getting thrashed in Test Cricket

Looking back I should not have called Lloyd what I did for expressing a personal opinion but most of the English commentators and the English press were so full of it then in their criticism about the IPL.

** Note - Post re-posted with reference to the correct Quote **

• Advertisement

Absolutely disgraceful of KKR today picking Azhar Mahmood who has been finished for a long time now, that Narine and even Hogg have been dropped for a 40 year old trundler who has not played all season is farcical.

Suppose nothing to do with Wasim Akram in charge?:rolleyes:

I don't mind the IPL, I actually watch loads, but its one of its huge flaws, people selecting their mates when they shouldn't be when it matters.

3 overs for 42

6 off 7 when batting

Well done Azhar.

but picked ahead of Hogg, Cummins, Botha and Narine

Farcical.

3 overs for 42

6 off 7 when batting

Well done Azhar.

Farcical.

Well said. Hogg and Narine have been very good the whole tournament too. Looked like KKR had this covered when Russell and Pathan were going well but they've crumbled since Russell went, wickets just tumbling then

3 overs for 42

6 off 7 when batting

Well done Azhar.

Farcical.

Tactical decision I think ....
    KKR were probably arrogant in thinking they would win today and hid Narine away in the hope they could bowl him in the playoffs
    Remember he was on his last warning for chucking...

But agree Hoggie should have played instead .... A brainless decision that has cost them a place in the play offs

Tactical decision I think ....
    KKR were probably arrogant in thinking they would win today and hid Narine away in the hope they could bowl him in the playoffs
    Remember he was on his last warning for chucking...

But agree Hoggie should have played instead .... A brainless decision that has cost them a place in the play offs

Massive shame not to see Narine and Botha bowl in tandem against Chennai:D

The face on Srini would be of absolute rage.:P:P:pac:

Cummins isn't great, but has plenty of IPL experience and can smash a long ball, heck they told Tendo he was free to go play for Essex this weekend!

So many options really, just crazy they went with a guy who has not played a proper t20 game for months and is in the twilight of his career.

Anyway they shouldn't have been in this position that they needed to win today, to many games they blew when chasing, they always seemed way to reliant on the lower order, shame that the Indian batsmen didn't really perform as well as they have in the past.

Think Bangalore smash Chennai, I can't understand with all their money and power, the solitary overseas replacement batsmen is Mike Hussey? :confused:

Bowling they have to many options with Badree, Abbot and Henry sat on their backside all season.

Although as I had said before Dhoni really needs to place some trust in Indian batsmen, would make things so much easier for them.

Tomorrow against Bangalore, it will spin, and wouldn't it be lovely to play a guy ranked number 1 in t20 cricket not to long ago? :P

Think Bangalore smash Chennai, I can't understand with all their money and power, the solitary overseas replacement batsmen is Mike Hussey? :confused:

Bowling they have to many options with Badree, Abbot and Henry sat on their backside all season.

Although as I had said before Dhoni really needs to place some trust in Indian batsmen, would make things so much easier for them.

Tomorrow against Bangalore, it will spin, and wouldn't it be lovely to play a guy ranked number 1 in t20 cricket not to long ago? :P

Very big advantage to Chennai. It's a spinning track and they have few good spinners and we (B'lore) have 1.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Very big advantage to Chennai. It's a spinning track and they have few good spinners and we (B'lore) have 1.

I have to agree that RCB will get the job done. DR Smith's form has been terrible lately and they are having to "dig in" at about 30-2 with Raina and Du Plessis instead of being 50-1 behind McCullum and a firing Smith and be able to post a decent total. On top of that, Negi has gone a bit backwards since a few good showings and Bravo hasnt contributed much with the bat at all after some good knocks.

For RCB De Villiers is obviously in great nick and I'd expect a better showing from Kohli and Gayle tonight. Confidence seems to be low in the Chennai camp but that could all change with an agressive knock from Smith if they choose to bat. I feel the whole innings will depend on him as you know Hussey is going to not want to rush things and just nip and nudge away with it early doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

CSK's bowling is just so good. They dont even need batsmen

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    CSK's bowling is just so good. They dont even need batsmen

Got a bit close at the end but CSK were just better in the field and batting. Be interesting to see if they can put up a better show against Mumbai this time around

Advertisement