Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Halen woeful on Jimmy Kimmel

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ah im a drummer myself so i can sometimes be anal about other peoples playing ha. Yea i just felt he missed a few fills . Kinda felt he was just playing over Eddie and Wolfgang who carried DLR and Alex for the performance

His playing is kinda loose, I've watched a few live versions. Each version alternates, he's probably played this song a billion times.

He wouldn't be a robotic player like a Peart. There's a heavy use of cymbals on this version. I just don't see anything glaring, certainly not struggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Van Halen a comedy band? One of the most influential rock/metal bands ever, containing one of the greatest guitarists of all time and one of the most brilliant and influential frontmen of all time? One of only 5 rock bands to have two or more Diamond albums (10,000,000+ sales) in the United States (the other 4 being Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, The Beatles and Pink Floyd)? Their peak era (1978-91) seeing them release some of the best rock/metal albums of all time?

Yeah, sure they're only a comedy band. Just a joke.

Not a chance. One of the best, most original, most influential and simply brilliant rock/metal bands ever. Without them, very few of the big hitters of the 1980's and beyond would have existed. Eddie Van Halen influenced countless people to pick up the guitar. David Lee Roth took Robert Plant's blueprint, made it his own and inspired countless frontmen thereafter.

Legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

A superb band with a lot of history mainly in the US. Eddie one of the greatest guitar players in history, the six pack all great albums. Dave leaving in 85 didn't help as 5150 was almost ready to go. Cannot wait to see them and maybe they will come across for some shows as they will not be around forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

DLR doesn't seem that bad. The bass on the otherhand.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I've seen video of Wolfgang with Tremonti, and it left me in no doubt that the kid can deliver the goods if he gets the chance. He got a call from Tremonti and was on stage 24h later. The bass isn't cutting through in these clips.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

bnt wrote: »
    I've seen video of Wolfgang with Tremonti, and it left me in no doubt that the kid can deliver the goods if he gets the chance. He got a call from Tremonti and was on stage 24h later. The bass isn't cutting through in these clips.

He can indeed. He's a solid player. He's only in Van Halen as the vehicle through which to bring attention to his potential. He's not there to contribute in any professional sense. I'd imagine on any future VH studio album (should there be one and should he contribute) that he won't be writing anything and that his Dad will probably just write and track all his bass parts...that last album strikes me as something he had minimal to no involvement in writing wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Was a big fan of VH in the day, especially of the old stuff. EVH tone is probably my favourite guitar sound.

But this was brutal. Mainly DLR he's just not able for it. It's cruel to see him like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ah sure he's grand.....

Andrew-Marr---008.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Van Halen a comedy band? One of the most influential rock/metal bands ever, containing one of the greatest guitarists of all time and one of the most brilliant and influential frontmen of all time? One of only 5 rock bands to have two or more Diamond albums (10,000,000+ sales) in the United States (the other 4 being Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, The Beatles and Pink Floyd)? Their peak era (1978-91) seeing them release some of the best rock/metal albums of all time?

Yeah, sure they're only a comedy band. Just a joke.

Not a chance. One of the best, most original, most influential and simply brilliant rock/metal bands ever. Without them, very few of the big hitters of the 1980's and beyond would have existed. Eddie Van Halen influenced countless people to pick up the guitar. David Lee Roth took Robert Plant's blueprint, made it his own and inspired countless frontmen thereafter.

Legends.
    All legitimate points, but their constant make up, break up routine is almost childish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement